• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone else notice this?

no, I actually feel really "nalaik".

Comment

all i noticed was that the people get a whole lot more boring
      Some claim that u are like any one of us, But who can claim, to have visited the Arsh? We say bashr, but respect is also due. For mankind are like rocks, but a pearl are u. U travelled the 7Heavens, and ur eyes did not lie. For Jibril could not pass, but u, O Madani, glided by.

Comment

Originally posted by MMS View Post
        all i noticed was that the people get a whole lot more boring
        kinda true actully
        "And so, those were his last words, he had difficulty breathing. Dying on the inside, internally bleeding. The Angel of Death, dragged him away while he was sleeping.... watched his world crumble in front of him, searching for meaning..."

Comment

Generally yes, you are correct. But there are exceptions of course.

I personally think that the parents' character matters far more than their education or wealth. Not in terms of getting A's, but in terms of overall success in life.

The Quran is the best and truest source of wisdom.
          ~ Verily, with every difficulty comes relief ~

Comment

so NOT true

My parents barely had an Education and my father had to walk barefooted for an hour to get to his school.

When I was studying I had to beg my parents to come to my parents evening and often cried that they didnt care about me or my education.

My successes were my succesess, and the fact that I got the highest garde in the whole year for my Business Studies GCSE was my acheivement.....no one really cared, not very much encourgement. My mum was more concerned abt me making roti's lol.....she still is I guess

However....I didnt give in, studied sufficiently ( wishing I had pushed them even more, and messed around a little less) and now Alhumdollilah I often hear my mum telling everyone what a great job I have.

I wouldnt what that for my kids....and would encaouarge them, even my daugthers.....my daugthers more so, Inshallah.

It depends on how much ones desire to suceed, how passionate you are and how blimmin hard you work to get what you want. Had work always pays off....but supportive parents do help

However, the most important thing, looking back is that they taught me deen. I would have got the job I have now, without my degree....if Allah willed....but without my deen id be lost. And I wouldnt change my parents for the world....It was the way they were bought, but Alhumdollilah their medievel thought processes have somewhat sunnahfied!!
            Last edited by Jenicca; 02-04-09, 09:32 PM.
            وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

Originally posted by `asiya View Post
              parents with those kind of backgrounds can afford for their kids to go into higher education, if u come from a working class family who are struggling to pay the bills and support the family,then chances are u will have to go straight into full time work to help your family out with your keep.so higher education is not ever an option, even if u are a grade A student in school. it all comes down to how much money is available to the family.
              i dont really agree with that....so many people from working class families come out top in higher education

yes having money available helps...but considering they dont have to pay uni fees....and access to so many grants and bursaries....more often than not its a personal choice not to progress, i know lots of people from poor backgrounds who worked throughout their alevels and degrees, helped their families and now have good degrees and good jobs (and can now help their families even more)

its about hard work and dedication

you are more inclined to go into higher education if you come from an educated background as that is the 'norm', and even if you are not the brightest spark...help is more easily available

Comment

nobody from my family has a degree.
                Behind every beautiful thing there is some.......KIND OF PAIN.. .

Comment

Originally posted by Hafsah View Post
                  i dont really agree with that....so many people from working class families come out top in higher education

yes having money available helps...but considering they dont have to pay uni fees....and access to so many grants and bursaries....more often than not its a personal choice not to progress, i know lots of people from poor backgrounds who worked throughout their alevels and degrees, helped their families and now have good degrees and good jobs (and can now help their families even more)

its about hard work and dedication

you are more inclined to go into higher education if you come from an educated background as that is the 'norm', and even if you are not the brightest spark...help is more easily available
                  but u dont live where i live. maybe u have free education etc in england and assistance with it etc. but we dont have it here, we are not entitled to any assistance, there is no chance to even go to university in the first place, unless ur parents can afford to first send u to the one and only further education school here where u can sit A levels in order to get into uni. where i live university education is only for a very select few, from very wealthy families.even if we did make it to uni in england we are not entitled to free education we have to pay what foreign students pay, even though we are called "british"
                  "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Originally posted by `asiya View Post
                    but u dont live where i live. maybe u have free education etc in england and assistance with it etc. but we dont have it here, we are not entitled to any assistance, there is no chance to even go to university in the first place, unless ur parents can afford to first send u to the one and only further education school here where u can sit A levels in order to get into uni. where i live university education is only for a very select few, from very wealthy families.even if we did make it to uni in england we are not entitled to free education we have to pay what foreign students pay, even though we are called "british"
                    That sucks, here in the US if u can't afford uni, the gov will provide some sort of financial aid, wheather it be grants, loans, scholarships, but slot of kids just end up getting like 2 year degees and start workin
                    "And so, those were his last words, he had difficulty breathing. Dying on the inside, internally bleeding. The Angel of Death, dragged him away while he was sleeping.... watched his world crumble in front of him, searching for meaning..."

Comment

Actually in the USA the grant goverment give is only for below proverty level. So if ur parents make slightly over min wage, then u dont get that grant.

Even with that its 1/3 of ur univ cost, rest of them has to be covered by pocket or loan. Only the expense at 2 yr (community collage) can be covered fairly well.

money does make a difference but there r tons of scholarship available. I think the main difference we see is the knowledge difference. An educated parents know the way (wat to do, how to get that scholarship..) vs. a parents that has never gone down univ route won't have much to offer to kids.

Comment

Working...
                      X