Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help - Turkey, Istanbul

Does anyone of any good holiday deals to Istanbul in Mid April

I wanna get away for a while with my family, 5 ish days there will be 5 adults and 5 kids.

Anything will suffice as long as its not too pricey, its children friendly and clean.

If you know any cheap hotels that would be ideal. Many Thanks,

Have you been? What would you recommend?
    وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Re: Help - Turkey, Istanbul

:(

today when I got my passport...and just few mins ago I was thinkin instead of Germany I shud have applied for Turkish visa as that wud be a better place to visit...a muslim country and a place I havent visited before... but its too late now I guess :s
    لا أريد مِنْكُمْ جَزَاء وَلا شُكُورًا

Comment

Hmm.. not sure about deals sis, but try going to Sultan Ahmet (The Blue Mosque) Kafkas Hotel in 'Sirkeci' is :up: and Ideal if your budgeting. No need for Taxi's :p the trams will take you everywere you need to go. Be sure to visit the Zoo on the asian side of Istanbul, And go to Kinali ada (its a beautiful island).
      And most of all Have FUN :D
      "Then Which Of The Favours Of Your Lord Will You Deny"

:love: Surah Ar Rahman :love:

Comment

My bros been Turkey *hidban*

he did say though tht things were expensive over there in comparison to here

seems nice....

what did me and my sis get out of his trip?

some nice Turkish hijabs hehe
        check out this blog>>>http://myworldmuslimah.wordpress.com/

Comment

To be honest India wasnt much of a holiday so I wanna get away and considered France....but its not really ideal for the family and I know they wont enjoy it. But Istanbul would be better, but dont wanna pay too much money either.

Crying for Gaza....does the hotel have a website at or where can yoou book from?
          وَالْعَصْرِ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

Originally posted by Jenicca View Post
            Crying for Gaza....does the hotel have a website at or where can yoou book from?
            http://www.booking.com/hotel/tr/kafk...FcyR3wodGB4Fug
            "Then Which Of The Favours Of Your Lord Will You Deny"

:love: Surah Ar Rahman :love:

Comment

I wanna get away for a while with my family, 5 ish days there will be 5 adults and 5 kids.

Anything will suffice as long as its not too pricey, its children friendly and clean.

Hi Jenicca :)

For big families, I recommend you to rent a flat as the rates will be more reasonable. Here are some links :
              www.flatsinistanbul.com/
              www.flatsinistanbul.net/
              www.istanbulsweethome.com/
              www.istanbullife.org/rent_a_flat_sultanahmet.htm

Have a good holiday :)
              Ex Oriente Lux

Comment

:jkk:
                وَالْعَصْرِ

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

we went in april last year... loved it!

stayed here: http://www.grandmedyahotel.com/england.htm

cost us 45 euro a night for a double room (was actually a triple room since they didn't have a cot for the baby)... the reason we got it cheap was that we had a friend in instanbul who booked it for us :D (locals get a cheaper rate!)

there are loads of places to visit... it's good to make an itinerary before you go e.g topkapi palace will probably take the whole day. (take packed lunch there as the restaurant there is a rip off)

oh, use the metro to travel instead of taxis... it's quicker and easy... they have these keyring fobs that you can buy which are a bit like prepay oyster cards.

don't buy anything from the grand bazaar (unless you really want to) prices there are over inflated... there's a good market in the Fatih area... or go to Eyup (grave of Abu Ayub Al-Ansari), go by boat from uskudar :up: (oh, you have to try the grilled fish sandwiches in uskudar... made fresh on the fishing boats!).

the obvious places to visit are the masaajid; sultan ahmet (blue mosque), suleymaniye, fatih, hagia sophia, etc.

on the asian continent side of istanbul is the grave of Yusha alayhis salaam... the scenery from there is very nice mashaAllah... you will need to take a taxi to get there... but make sure the taxi driver knows where it is (most don't).
                  Take a step into our unique Muslim Montessori school:
                  http://campaign.justgiving.com/…/a-…/buildalamiyahschool2015

Donate your sadaqah to help build a Model School for all our children.
                  Please watch our school appeal: https://youtu.be/SY819jmCbzw

Text SCHL15 followed by £10 to 70070 and make a difference.
                  Please forward this message to help turn this vision into a reality.

The Prophet (SAW) also said, "The believer's shade on the Day of Resurrection will be his Sadaqah." (Ahmad)

‪#‎ChangingEducation

Comment

I am going Turki (Istanbul) on good Friday for a short break insha Allah.
                    It is cheap. Direct return flight cost me £226.00 and Hotel (Bed and Breakfast) near Blue Mosque was around 40 euro.
                    If you need any information then i can send you link.
                    :sub:Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

Originally posted by trax View Post
                      I am going Turki (Istanbul) on good Friday for a short break insha Allah.
                      It is cheap. Direct return flight cost me £226.00 and Hotel (Bed and Breakfast) near Blue Mosque was around 40 euro.
                      If you need any information then i can send you link.
                      just post the link on here :jkk:
                      وَالْعَصْرِ

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

Sultan Ahmet - the Area and the Mosques itself are beautiful, thats Blue Mosque and Suleymaniye Mosque, and a few other very old ones, you wont miss it because theres minarets everywhere.

Topkapi Sarayi (Topkapi palace) - definitely go, ull see exhibitions of old Turkic, Seljuk, Ottoman, also ull see the possessions such as swords, bows of the Prophet s.a.w and the Sahaba ra, so thats a dont miss, If your lucky you might see prophet s.a.w beard there, or even the first flag of Islam.

Also the architecture is amazing, the designs and all, some of the jewels and gifts kept there etc.

Theres a 3D website of it, room by room, but I wont post that :D

Definitely jump on one of these ferryboats, I think the kids might like it (try making it a sunny day)

http://www2.itu.edu.tr/~turkozm/istanbul/P1010253.jpg

Galata kulesi (galata tower) – I personaliy like it, its very old, was used as a watch tower.

http://www2.itu.edu.tr/~turkozm/istanbul/P1010507.jpg

Rumeli hisari – an old ottoman castle, I dont know if they allow you in, but thats were we did a few ass kicking.

http://www2.itu.edu.tr/~turkozm/istanbul/P1010287.jpg

Also, you might want to check out Camlica tepesi, I dont know how to get there, but its like a nice family place to watch over the city, you know have tea and so on, id say go kadikoy to lol.

But whatever you do, try taking the family out to the sea side area at night, but I forgot what part sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by seven View Post
                          we went in april last year... loved it!

stayed here: http://www.grandmedyahotel.com/england.htm

cost us 45 euro a night for a double room (was actually a triple room since they didn't have a cot for the baby)... the reason we got it cheap was that we had a friend in instanbul who booked it for us :D (locals get a cheaper rate!)

there are loads of places to visit... it's good to make an itinerary before you go e.g topkapi palace will probably take the whole day. (take packed lunch there as the restaurant there is a rip off)

oh, use the metro to travel instead of taxis... it's quicker and easy... they have these keyring fobs that you can buy which are a bit like prepay oyster cards.

don't buy anything from the grand bazaar (unless you really want to) prices there are over inflated... there's a good market in the Fatih area... or go to Eyup (grave of Abu Ayub Al-Ansari), go by boat from uskudar :up: (oh, you have to try the grilled fish sandwiches in uskudar... made fresh on the fishing boats!).

the obvious places to visit are the masaajid; sultan ahmet (blue mosque), suleymaniye, fatih, hagia sophia, etc.

on the asian continent side of istanbul is the grave of Yusha alayhis salaam... the scenery from there is very nice mashaAllah... you will need to take a taxi to get there... but make sure the taxi driver knows where it is (most don't).
                          Where was that masjid where they keep the Prophet (peace and blessinsg be upon him)'s cloak and shirt or something? Remember the masjid was so beautiful :inlove: And the man sitting on the corner (dadabaji :p ) and Ibrahim that guy who owned the tea shop opposite :up:
                          What does 'freedom' mean?

Does the eagle want to swim in the sea,
                          Restricted by the sky?

Does the fish want to dance on the wind,
                          Not enough river to explore?

Yet the sky is freedom for the bird
                          but death for the fish,

The sea is wide for the fish
                          but will engulf the bird.

We ask for freedom but freedom to do what?
                          We can only express our nature as it was created.

The prayer mat of the earth is freedom,
                          freedom from slavery to other than the One,
                          Who offers an shoreless ocean of love to swim in
                          and a horizon that extends to the next life,
                          Yet we chose the prison and call it freedom.

“All our handling of the child will bear fruit, not only at the moment, but in the adult they are destined to become.” Donate today! http://campaign.justgiving.com/chari...iyahschool2015

Comment

Originally posted by seven View Post

I was trying to figure out where to take the ferry boat from, from uskudar its the best view when your going into sultan ahmet you see nice greenery and topkapi, it is amazing.

Ive been to Yusha a.s place, totally forgot about that, also Eyub al Ensari, thanks for the reminder :)

Comment

Originally posted by ze leetle elper View Post
                              Where was that masjid where they keep the Prophet (peace and blessinsg be upon him)'s cloak and shirt or something? Remember the masjid was so beautiful :inlove: And the man sitting on the corner (dadabaji :p ) and Ibrahim that guy who owned the tea shop opposite :up:
                              hirka i serif... the cloak of Rasulullah :saw: but it's only open for viewing during ramadhan
                              Take a step into our unique Muslim Montessori school:
                              http://campaign.justgiving.com/…/a-…/buildalamiyahschool2015

Donate your sadaqah to help build a Model School for all our children.
                              Please watch our school appeal: https://youtu.be/SY819jmCbzw

Text SCHL15 followed by £10 to 70070 and make a difference.
                              Please forward this message to help turn this vision into a reality.

The Prophet (SAW) also said, "The believer's shade on the Day of Resurrection will be his Sadaqah." (Ahmad)

‪#‎ChangingEducation

Comment

Working...
                              X