• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can men shave or wax their uni-brow

simple and straight forward question.
    Allah is the one God
    and Mohammad is his prophet:up:

Re: Can men shave or wax their uni-brow

i dont know, but why would u want to, uni brows are cool mashaAllah, very manly.
    "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

i'm sure u are allowed but not to shave it so that it is in shape because obviously its Haram in Islam and its too feminine for a man.

Comment

Originally posted by OurMuslimUmmah View Post
        i'm sure u are allowed but not to shave it so that it is in shape because obviously its Haram in Islam and its too feminine for a man.
        No i just wanna pluck it.
        I dont wanna put it in some pencil thin shape I like my eyebrows,but my unibrow nooooo.
        Allah is the one God

Comment

You ashamed of your hair?

Objectification of men, that's what it is...
          The magazines, the movies, the TV and the advertising.
          Body image... vanity... feminisation of society!

Don't shave your eyebrow in half man... might as well just pluck out one eye!
          "I shall be telling this with a sigh. Somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less travelled by, And that has made all the difference."
          ~ Robert Frost, The Road Not Taken

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprecht View Post
            You ashamed of your hair?

Objectification of men, that's what it is...
            The magazines, the movies, the TV and the advertising.
            Body image... vanity... feminisation of society!

Don't shave your eyebrow in half man... might as well just pluck out one eye!
            :up:

sadly the "metrosexuals" are setting the trends now..was a time when the more hairy a man was the more manly he was seen as, but now u have men waxing and all sorts
            "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

Comment

Originally posted by `asiya View Post
              :up:

sadly the "metrosexuals" are setting the trends now..was a time when the more hairy a man was the more manly he was seen as, but now u have men waxing and all sorts
              And there was a time where fat people where seen as beautiful and rich :D
              ‎"Listen with the ears of tolerance. See through the eyes of compassion. Speak with the language of love."
              Rumi RahimuAllah.

Comment

Originally posted by ninja iwk View Post
                No i just wanna pluck it.
                I dont wanna put it in some pencil thin shape I like my eyebrows,but my unibrow nooooo.
                i think plucking a bit is ok? as long as the mono brow is like separate?
                i really don't know but il get back to you after i done a bit of research inshallah.

Comment

:salams

Men are supposed to look manly and their brows are part of it.
                  [FONT="Century Gothic"][URL="http://spark009-tmd.blogspot.com/"][COLOR="Orange"][B][SIZE="3"]M[/SIZE]y [SIZE="3"]B[/SIZE]log[/B][/COLOR][/URL][/FONT]

Comment

i heard somewhere the Transexuals in the prophets (SAW) times shaved
                    as a muslim would do, The opposite of Kuffar :)
                    Come on bro
                    one day you are going to die.
                    no one will want to see your plucked eyebrow then.
                    The prophet was described to have a full eyebrow :)
                    come on who else would you want to copy
                    The most beloved, or the Show-offers pleasers of Society
                    May Allah (SWT) the most high, the most Generous, the most Gracious and Merciful
                    protect us from the satanic traps which may be a obstacles on our journey.Ameen
                    Last edited by Stained77; 24-03-09, 10:49 PM.

Comment

Its called a unibrow. Hair in the midsection joins both eyebrows making it into one eyebrow.

This hair is not considered to be part of the eyebrows and can be removed by plucking; hair removal cream or any other safe method.

Its the rest of the eyebrow which is haram to pluck.

Visit: www.muslim-mums.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Russo View Post
                        Its called a unibrow. Hair in the midsection joins both eyebrows making it into one eyebrow.

This hair is not considered to be part of the eyebrows and can be removed by plucking; hair removal cream or any other safe method.

Its the rest of the eyebrow which is haram to pluck.
                        some scholars say this is permissible for women... if a woman has chin hair she can remove it.

the thread starter is a man ...

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

Comment

Why do you want to do it? :scratch:

Seriously though, women don't look at men and check out their uni-brows you know! :wacko:

Loads of women would marry a man even if he has a uni-brow.
                          "Meet people in such a manner that if you die, they should weep for you, and if you live, they should long for you." Hadhrat Ali-Ibn-Talib (RadiAllaah Anhu)
                          Shan-e-Aisha

Comment

Originally posted by ninja iwk View Post
                            simple and straight forward question.
                            It's pretty easy, unless you are paralysed/disabled, then you can probably get someone to do it for you.

Comment

I decided not to wax (even though i could) It isnt that bad anyway.
                              Allah is the one God

Comment

Working...
                              X