Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can men shave or wax their uni-brow

Originally posted by Russo View Post
    Its called a unibrow. Hair in the midsection joins both eyebrows making it into one eyebrow.

This hair is not considered to be part of the eyebrows and can be removed by plucking; hair removal cream or any other safe method.

Its the rest of the eyebrow which is haram to pluck.
    :up: Exactly

Comment

Originally posted by ninja iwk View Post
      I decided not to wax (even though i could) It isnt that bad anyway.
      good 4 u bro:up::D

Comment

masha Allah alhamdulillah, nothing bad about unibrows bro.
        "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Originally posted by `asiya View Post
          i dont know, but why would u want to, uni brows are cool mashaAllah, very manly.
          They really aren't manly

Originally posted by fahada View Post
          :salams

Men are supposed to look manly and their brows are part of it.
          So if I have two seperate eyebrows, do I look feminene?

Originally posted by Stained77 View Post
          i heard somewhere the Transexuals in the prophets (SAW) times shaved
          as a muslim would do, The opposite of Kuffar :)
          Come on bro
          one day you are going to die.
          no one will want to see your plucked eyebrow then.
          The prophet was described to have a full eyebrow :)
          come on who else would you want to copy
          The most beloved, or the Show-offers pleasers of Society
          May Allah (SWT) the most high, the most Generous, the most Gracious and Merciful
          protect us from the satanic traps which may be a obstacles on our journey.Ameen
          Where did you get this? Are you 100% sure?
          http://img453.imageshack.us/img453/7...0779662np7.gif

Comment

Originally posted by Golden_silence View Post
            And there was a time where fat people where seen as beautiful and rich :D
            :rotfl: laugh out loud :D
            “Curiosity is the very basis of education and if you tell me that curiosity killed the cat, I say only the cat died nobly.”

Comment

do some people have no compassion at all ? a young brother comes to ask advice because he feels self consious about his eyebrows, people reassure him there is nothing wrong with the way Allah ta ala created him. yet we have muslims saying horrible things and putting up puking signs.. where is the mercy, kindness and understanding for your brother ? :(

la howla wala qawata illah billah.
              "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

Comment

Good for you. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...or above it.

Comment

some scholars say this is permissible for women... if a woman has chin hair she can remove it.

the thread starter is a man ...
                  You are correct, for women, if she has excessive hair on her face, chin etc, she is allowed to remove the hair.

A few of my female relatives had a hormonal issue which resulted in excessive hair on the face and they would remove it because otherwise it looks like they are very very hairy!

I also had a minor issue with hair on part of my face and I had no choice but to have permanent hair removal and that wasn't for beautification - it was to get rid of excess hair.

Visit: www.muslim-mums.co.uk

Comment

la bas insha Allah :)

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

Comment

Originally posted by Zebunissa View Post
                      Why do you want to do it? :scratch:

Seriously though, women don't look at men and check out their uni-brows you know! :wacko:

Loads of women would marry a man even if he has a uni-brow.
                      maybe he doesn't want to look like this http://lglan.net/vbdump/ButtThunder/...er-unibrow.jpg

He it is Who sends blessings on you, as do His angels, that He may bring you out from the depths of Darkness into Light: and He is Full of Mercy to the Believers. [Quran {33:43}]
                      www.QuranicAudio.com
                      www.Quran.com

Comment

Originally posted by Zebunissa View Post
                        Why do you want to do it? :scratch:

Seriously though, women don't look at men and check out their uni-brows you know! :wacko:

Loads of women would marry a man even if he has a uni-brow.
                        Sorry to say but some men do look a bit gross with a uni-brow and its quite off-putting. But thats a personal opinion and I am just being honest. Alot of women DO notice and not like the uni-brow if its noticeable.

Visit: www.muslim-mums.co.uk

Comment

la howla wala qawata illah billah..

do some people have no compassion at all ? a young brother comes to ask advice because he feels self consious about his eyebrows, people reassure him there is nothing wrong with the way Allah ta ala created him. yet we have muslims saying horrible things and putting up puking signs.. where is the mercy, kindness and understanding for your brother ? :(

la howla wala qawata illah billah.

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

Comment

Sowwiw bro I think I was a bit harsh

I think it depends on the individual case: some uni-brows are ok and some are not too nice.

I've had this topic brought up by some male family members who want laser treatment for their uni-brow and honestly there was absolutely nothing wrong with their eyebrows it was HARDLY noticeable! But they were being so paranoid about it. Its probably a confidence thing for some people.

Then you have others who have an extreme case of uni-brow [like the picture above] and I would definately suggest they get rid of it.
                            Last edited by Zebunissa; 29-03-09, 11:54 AM.
                            "Meet people in such a manner that if you die, they should weep for you, and if you live, they should long for you." Hadhrat Ali-Ibn-Talib (RadiAllaah Anhu)
                            Shan-e-Aisha

Comment

Originally posted by *asiya* View Post
                              i dont know, but why would u want to, uni brows are cool mashaAllah, very manly.
                              lol no. you probably live in the countries where girls dont judge you. im in canada

Comment

Working...
                              X