Clear All

• Covering the Face - Niqaab

Subject: Ruling on covering the face, with detailed evidence

Islam Questions & Answers
    www.islam-qa.comQuestionwww.islam-qa.com
    .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
    نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
    دولة الإسلامية باقية

Do you have information about other senses? Sight is only one, but there are so many more. Is it ok for a Muslim to touch, hear or smell men on a street?
    Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

i dont want to give a sarcastic answer, because you may be serious

so i will defer to someone else to answer your questions
      دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

lol. yuk

Comment

Okay seriously...

men and women are supposed to lower their gaze. For myself my niqaab is to assist the Muslim males in not seeing me, to prevent fitna. I also wear modest outside garments (not pretty or bright) so not to attract unwanted attention from males.

The Great Virtue in lowering the Gaze

Touch.
          No male and females may not touch one another shake one anothers hand, or the like, also to prevent fitnar, unless of course they are closely related.

Shaking hands with the opposite sex

Just as a woman should dress modestly, she should also not smell of strong perfume. Infact ideally she should wear non perfumed deodrants, or wear perfume discreetly under her clothing where it can not be easily smelled by non mahram males.

and...

The female voice

Okay that's what I found regarding the womans *awra*, you'll have to give me sometime to find rulings regarding perfume and the voice of the male, inshaa Allah.

Comment

Looks like the out has come in

Comment

Originally posted by Consider
              Looks like the out has come in
              ???
              دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Do you have information about other senses? Sight is only one, but there are so many more. Is it ok for a Muslim to touch, hear or smell men on a street?
                Thats outsider, inside out

Comment

Thanks, Ammarah, for your detailed answer. Hard life, isn't it!

Comment

No my friend. Islam has given me wings :)

Comment

Originally posted by Justcurious
                      Thanks, Ammarah, for your detailed answer. Hard life, isn't it!

Why would it be hard???

Peace
                      3:103 And hold fast, all together, unto the bond with God, and do not draw apart from one another. And remember the blessings which God has bestowed upon you: how, when you were enemies, He brought your hearts together, so that through His blessing you became brethren; and [how, when] you were on the brink of a fiery abyss. He saved you from it. In this way God makes clear His messages unto you, so that you might find guidance.

Comment

http://www.arabnews.com/?page=5&sect...=11&m=8&y=2003

Allahu A'lam
                        URGENT!!! your help is badly needed - fundraising for marriage

Comment

actually if a women did not wear niqab or jilaaba in the time of Rasulullah, SAWS, she would have been assumed to be a slave women, it was something that showed the difference between free and slave.

the commandment for men to wear thawb and Muslim garb is perhaps more strict that for that of women. no doubt for women not to wear hijab is disobedience but for men to wear suits and other clothing of the kafiroon is imitating them and Rasulullah, SAWS, consistently said in ahadith that to imitate a people is to be one of them.

we need to start holding the men to the same standards of adab and dress as we like to hold women to.

Comment

salaams

I thought that the kaffir women from the tribes who were against Prophet Muhammad, wore niqaab to cover their faces?

Comment

niqaab really isnt much of a difference from wearing hijaab. what, 2 more inches of material? covering the mouth and nose.. i mean everything else is already covered up, its not that big of a deal.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X