Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compulsive Liars

As Salam Alaikum

I'm not a psychologist and I'm not so well versed in psychology or psychiatry.

I mean if the Compulsive Liar does it and can't help lying and keeps telling lies without having ANY control over it NO CONTROL AT ALL

HE/SHE DOESN'T WANT TO LIE AT ALL but he/she just lies because he/she has a defect in their mind

then I think THIS PERSON WILL NOT GET SINS becasue then this person would be considered mentally ill.

NOTE: IF YOU ARE NOW THINKING THAT I'M A COMPULSIVE LIAR, THEN YOU ARE WRONG
    Nabi Muhammad (peace be upon him) Was A Shy Man And I Love Him

Re: Compulsive Liars

Then I think that the compulsive liar should at least avoid situations or careers where lying would be especially damaging. This person should avoid conversations where important things are discussed, unless absolutely necessary.

And this person should make an honest attempt at curing himself.
    ~ Verily, with every difficulty comes relief ~

Comment

Then, i don't think this compulsive liar can be considered to be mentally ill. THen , I don't think this is a real problem. Rather a self created disorder.

" Pseudologia fantastica, mythomania, or pathological lying, is one of several terms applied by psychiatrists to the behaviour of habitual or compulsive lying. Pseudologia fantastica is not currently listed as a symptom in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM), nor in the The International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems. "

Then, I believe that they would still get sins.
      " The issue in palestine will not be solved by the United States or any western country. It's not going to be solved by Dan Six Pack or Sally Soccer mom! " Anwar Al-Awlaki

Comment

In my personal opinion,

Compulsive Liars are that way because they are not in touch with reality. ( Whether it be because they are running away from the truth, or they are not knowledgeable... it doesn't matter )

But it is truely an attribute of those who are not guided.
        And one imporant thing to note is that when one person lies, he is being punished by allah by lying again and again and again... do you know what I mean?

A bad deed will open the door to more bad deeds if one does not stop and repent and reminds oneself of what is right and what is wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Humble Servant View Post
          In my personal opinion,

Compulsive Liars are that way because they are not in touch with reality. ( Whether it be because they are running away from the truth, or they are not knowledgeable... it doesn't matter )

But it is truely an attribute of those who are not guided.
          And one imporant thing to note is that when one person lies, he is being punished by allah by lying again and again and again... do you know what I mean?

A bad deed will open the door to more bad deeds if one does not stop and repent and reminds oneself of what is right and what is wrong.
          Wow this is interesting, I read something similar in one of Al-Ghazzali's works in which he said, when a person is cursed by Allah it is not necessarily that his/her face is made ugly or dark or not shining (loses its nur) but he/she persists on comitting sins, as if he/she can't stop sinning. May Allah guide us all and protect us from this. Amin.

Comment

Originally posted by Supernova Nebula View Post
            Wow this is interesting, I read something similar in one of Al-Ghazzali's works in which he said, when a person is cursed by Allah it is not necessarily that his/her face is made ugly or dark or not shining (loses its nur) but he/she persists on comitting sins, as if he/she can't stop sinning. May Allah guide us all and protect us from this. Amin.
            Wow subhan Allaah

I think sin is something you do intentionally knowing that it is a sin and you still do it because you enjoy it but even if you don't enjoy it, it's sill a sin if you do it intentionally!

even eating PIG becomes OKAY, IF you are afraid that you will die and you can't find any other food and you are afraid that you will die if you don't eat anything as long as you're not enjoying it.

Comment

If that really is the case...then compulsive liars are of one type of insane people and I think ISLAM TEACHES US THAT ANGELS DO NOT RECORD THE DEEDS OF INSANE PEOPLE

AND THE WORD Compulsive means you cannot control it you just do it without wanting to

SO IF THAT IS THE CASE....

OF COURSE INSANE PEOPLE DON'T GET THEIR SINS RECORED!

OH YEAH INSANE PEOPLE LIE ALOT
              I MEAN

we know they are lying but in their minds they think what they are saying is true and real they have no control over it

Allaahu Akbar

Comment

oh yeah I gotta add...

when I'm insane....

I believe that I'm the chosen wife of Noble Prophet Jesus Christ (peace be upon him)

and when I am insane I think that that is a true reality and anyone who opposes me is my enemy or the devil or the anti christ!

:sub::sub:

Comment

Sister I'm just going to say one thing, please don't tell your thoughts and ideas and insinuations you get from the shaytaan to everyone, especially those like the ones mentioned above.

:jkk:

Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "Allah has forgiven my followers the evil thoughts that occur to their minds, as long as such thoughts are not put into action or uttered." And Qatada said, "If someone divorces his wife just in his mind, such an unuttered divorce has no effect.: (Book #63, Hadith #194)

Everyone gets evil thoughts, but we needn't tell everyone about them. It's really disturbing, sorry to be harsh.

Comment

but I am really 100% insane in those times and I am not boasting about it I am just trying to get my point across but thanks for the reminder

I MEAN THERE WAS A WOMAN DURING THE TIME OF THE SAHABAH THAT WENT INSANE AND HAD ILLEGAL SEX,

SO ONE OF THE SAHABAH THOUGHT SHE SHOULD BE STONED!

BUT ANOTHER SAHABAH INFORMED HIM SOMETHING LIKE THE PEN IS LIFTED FROM INSANE PEOPLE

SO THEY LET HER GO WITHOUT PUNISHING HER!

HER SIN WAS NOT RECORDED!

ALLAAH KNOWS BEST

ALLAAHU AKBAR
                    Last edited by Age; 22-02-09, 07:01 AM.

Comment

Why do I even bother posting on message boards?

Comment

Everyone is responsible for their own actions.

And everyone will be questioned about them. Whether insane or not.
                        Only Allah knows who is exempted because he knows what is in the breasts of man.

As long as everyone knows that they will be questioned, and that allah knows everything that they display or hide within, then it is up to them to do what is right, and forbid what is wrong.

I think it is also a big trap and a very decievable trap to give ourselves excuses that we are "Sick" or "Can't control it" or "Addicted"... I promise these are all symptoms of one's sins/ lack of faith....

Put it this way...
                        If I knew that I'm dying within an hour, would I go and do drugs just now because I'm addicted?? ( I'm SURE I would think a hundred times... and at that time, I would even forget what "drugs" are!! )

I hope inshaallah that all muslims and faithful people are blessed with the best of health, and increase in eeman. :)

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                        X