Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The official : Is sheesha/hukkah halal or haraam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The official : Is sheesha/hukkah halal or haraam?

Originally posted by Stained77 View Post
    this substance is very popular and some people are hooked.
    The question is is this permissible?
    Discuss
    Shisah that contain tobaaco are harram.

Harmining your body is harram if you can prevent it. Smoking is harram as their are many illness etc and is a cause of death.

Shissha similar.

If the shissah does harm your body- this should be prevented and not smoked.

So those that are hooked on it...and give reasons otherwise...wake up....its shaitaan..whispering and you are falling for his trap....please bros and sisters try to stop...i advise most of my freidns..you can only advise...them and make dua for them...

Comment

There is no debate ... seesha = harmful for your health = haraam

its intentionally hurting yourself

Comment

yah that stuff is so strong.
        Surat Al-An'am verse 26: Of them there are some who (pretend to) listen to thee; but We have thrown veils on their hearts, so they understand it not, and deafness in their ears; if they saw every one of the Signs, they will not believe in them; in so much that when they come to thee; they (but) dispute with thee; the Unbelievers say: "These are nothing but tales of the ancients."

Comment

Originally posted by Madkali View Post
          Smoking itself is Haram. Thats the standing Fatwa- it says it even on the packet that it kills you!!! - I have given the principle the scholars have agreed upon and something which derived from the Quran and Sunnah. - Chocolate itself is not haram, but if u wer to take chocolate which would kill you, then yes its Haram. Everything is Halal in this world, untill we have proof it is HARAM. Chocolate is Halal...no problem..but if the chocolate u were going to eat was to kill you, i.e eating X amounts of bars which would lead to your death, then it becomes haram to eat that much chocolate because it'll kill you. The smoking issue, is the Qiyas made from smoking cigarettes to sheesha, which is extremely strong, if not practically the same. Smoking is Haram because it will kill you and damages you health. Allah swt has said in the Quran “And spend in the Cause of Allaah (i.e. Jihad of all kinds) and do not throw yourselves into destruction (by not spending your wealth in the Cause of Allaah), and do good. Truly, Allaah loves Al-Muhsinoon (the good-doers)” [al-Baqarah 2:195] Even though many of the scholars have said this ayah refers to leaving Jihad, the scholars also agreed that it refers to a general sense of throwing oneself into destruction, i.e destroying oneself. As Al-Shawkaani (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: i.e., do not do that which will bring about your destruction. The salaf had a number of opinions concerning the meaning of the verse. The truth is that what matters is the general meaning of the wording not the specific reason for revelation. Everything that may be called destruction in religious or worldly terms is included in that. This is the view of Ibn Jareer al-Tabari.
          thanks for your post... It did partly explain the argument. But the question then is: is smoking a single sheesha only once haram (assuming you dont get addicted:))? It is clearly not fatal so...

Just to be clear: I don't smoke sheesha myself nor would I want to, but just wish to understand this principle that anything that harms you is haram.

Comment

Originally posted by Urza26 View Post
            Well... the prophet did warn us specifically that alcohol will one day be drunk in great quantities, because it will be called by another name.
            what are you trying to imply? hukah is not at all like alcohol, it does not intoxicate you! it is however bad for your health just like cigarettes.

Comment

pls don.t mind but can any one explain the meaning of HARAM!!!!

Comment

well said
                Originally posted by naila-k View Post
                it doesnt say anywhere that sheesha is more harmful then tabacco

Any form of tobacco 'is harmful'
                Public health experts are warning that more effort needs to be made to alert people in the developing world to the dangers of smoking tobacco.
                A Canadian study of 27,000 people has showed exposure to any form of tobacco - including chewing and "bubble" pipes - boosts heart attack risk.

There are estimated to be 1.3bn smokers worldwide, 82% of whom live in developing countries.

Heart experts said the Lancet study was further evidence smokers should quit.

Most research has looked at people in developed countries who smoke cigarettes.

This study looked also looked at chewing tobacco, smoking 'bubble pipes' or sheesha smoking (where tobacco is smoked through a water pipe) which is common in the Middle East and beedie smoking - where tobacco is rolled in a dried leaf and tied with a string, popular in South Asia.

The researchers, from McMaster University in Ontario, looked at 12,400 heart attack patients in 52 countries and compared them with 14,000 healthy people.

They concluded that, overall, heart attack risk was increased three-fold in smokers compared with people who had never smoked.

Passive smoking

Chewing tobacco doubled the chances of having a heart attack, as did smoking eight to 10 cigarettes a day.

Heart attack risk decreased with time after people stopped smoking.

In the case of light smokers who had fewer than 10 cigarettes a day, there was no excess risk three to five years after quitting.

However, people who smoked 20 or more cigarettes a day still had a 22% increased risk 20 years after giving up.

The study also concluded second-hand smoke was dangerous to the heart.

The team found people exposed to passive smoking for at least 22 hours a week increased their risk of a heart attack by around 45%.

Professor Salim Yusuf from McMaster University in Ontario, Canada, who led the study, said: "Since the risks of heart attack associated with smoking dissipate substantially after smoking cessation, public health efforts to prevent people from starting the habit and promote quitting in current smokers, will have a large impact in the prevention of heart attacks worldwide."

Ruairi O'Connor, of the British Heart Foundation, said: "This study provides further evidence that tobacco exposure - whether it be smoking, chewing or inhaling - is seriously bad news for your heart health.

"The good news for smokers is that much of the added risk of a heart attack recedes after quitting - a great reason to kick the tobacco habit for good."
                Dr M Khalid

Comment

The study quoted was posted in 2009. It is now 2011. Please read the World Health Organisation's findings on sheesha smoking and how harmful it is and how much more harmful it is potentially than a cigarette.

Comment

Is there any one who could explain the meaning of HARAM!!!!....any of those who say it is HARAM!!!

Comment

Originally posted by zaeem View Post
                      Is there any one who could explain the meaning of HARAM!!!!....any of those who say it is HARAM!!!
                      Name of Questioner
                      Abul - Singapore

Title
                      Is smoking haraam or makruh?

Question
                      Respected, and revered scholars of islam, kindly answer my question. Smoking is haram or makruh? Thank you. Wassalam.

Date
                      10/Aug/2000

Name of Counsellor
                      IOL Counseling Team

Answer

In answering your question, we have relied on our fatwa databank. You may also access this at www.islamonline.net

One response from the fatwa databank is as follows:

A general rule of the Islamic Shari'ah is that it is haram for the Muslim to eat or drink anything, which may cause his death, either quickly or gradually, such as poisons, or substances, which are injurious to health or harmful to his body. It is also haram to eat or drink large quantities of a substance if large quantities of it cause illness. For the Muslim is not entirely his own master; he is also an asset to his religion and his ummah (the Muslim nation), and his life, health, wealth, and all that Allah has bestowed upon him are a trust with him, which he is not permitted to diminish. Says Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala: And do not kill yourselves; indeed, Allah is ever Merciful to you. (4:29)
                      He also says: And do not be cast into ruin by your own hands.... (2:195)
                      And His Messenger (peace be on him) said: "Do not harm yourself or others.'' (Reported by Ahmad and Ibn Majah.)
                      As an application of this principle, we may say that if it is proved that the use of tobacco is injurious to health, it is haram, especially for a person whose physician has advised him to stop smoking. Even if it is not injurious to health, it is still a waste of money, spent neither for religious nor for secular benefit, and the Prophet (peace be on him) forbade wasting of property. (Reported by al-Bukhari.) This becomes the more serious when the money is otherwise needed for the sustenance of oneself or one's family. ***end of response from fatwa databank

Another response from the fatwa databank:

Sheikh Yusuf Al-Qardawi, in his book, "Halal and Haram in Islam," says it is haram. Last night, I heard a news piece on the BBC saying that the latest research is that those who smoke in their later years will suffer memory loss. This is besides the usual statistics that are very well-known about the cancer-inducing effects of nicotine, etc, such as those proven in rabbits. ***end of response from fatwa databank

And Allah (swt) knows best.

Comment

Originally posted by deogol View Post
                        thanks for your post... It did partly explain the argument. But the question then is: is smoking a single sheesha only once haram (assuming you dont get addicted:))? It is clearly not fatal so...

Just to be clear: I don't smoke sheesha myself nor would I want to, but just wish to understand this principle that anything that harms you is haram.
                        My fist in your face just once will not be fatal either.

May I?

Comment

Working...
                        X