Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The official : Is sheesha/hukkah halal or haraam?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: The official : Is sheesha/hukkah halal or haraam?

    Haram.

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: The official : Is sheesha/hukkah halal or haraam?

      its clearly haraam but we have ''fiqh experts'' in the muslim world telling us its ''perfectly makrooh'' whatever

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: The official : Is sheesha/hukkah halal or haraam?

        Originally posted by ana_mujahid View Post
        simple,
        harram, everything thats harmful for the body is harram, theres a verse in the quran (someone please provide) which clearly states that harmful substances agaisnt the body are harram.
        Its just like drinking a litre of acid. nw would u do that?

        this has been discussed so many times on the forum, someone should make it a sticky and state taht its HARRAM!
        I have always wondered how this rule applies... chocolate is harmful for health.. is it haram? so is arguable samosas, jaleebi etc as well...

        (to be clear, my question is sincere, and not an attempt to absurd the issue)

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: The official : Is sheesha/hukkah halal or haraam?

          Originally posted by .Abu.Rambo. View Post
          One sheehsa is around the same as a hundred cigarettes something that potent changes your thought of mind and may be considered an intoxicant, but due to the health.. reasons i don't think anyone should do it... i know guys who do it 4-5 times a week =\

          Though i've done it twice in my life i hope to never touch it again.
          Salaam bro, where did you get that info about sheesha being so potent? I ask so I can tell my friends it to get them to stop smoking sheeshah!

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: The official : Is sheesha/hukkah halal or haraam?

            Just check the thread i post a link.. :up:

            http://www.ash.org.uk/ash_4q8eg0ft.htm
            ‎"Listen with the ears of tolerance. See through the eyes of compassion. Speak with the language of love."
            Rumi RahimuAllah.

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: The official : Is sheesha/hukkah halal or haraam?

              Originally posted by deogol View Post
              I have always wondered how this rule applies... chocolate is harmful for health.. is it haram? so is arguable samosas, jaleebi etc as well...

              (to be clear, my question is sincere, and not an attempt to absurd the issue)
              Its anything that harms you and leads you to death.
              Smoking is Haram because it kills you. Smoking Sheesha has damaging effects, = Haram.

              Chocolate in large doses where by it becomes harmful for your health or could kill you is also Haram...

              Its a principle: Anything that Harms or kills you is Haram for you,

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: The official : Is sheesha/hukkah halal or haraam?

                Plus having tar on your lungs is so passé and who likes to cough up nasty phlegm later in life and burn your taste buds off your tongue and damage your little nose hairs. Let's not begin with throat and lip cancer...very attractive to the ladies..Oh and your clothing will reek of high heaven...might as well just burn them..and that is my rant :D

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: The official : Is sheesha/hukkah halal or haraam?

                  I think one doesn't only have to focus on what the haraam itself may be (shisha) but also the other inevitable haraams that surround it, which could be a variety of:

                  Loud Music
                  Provocative opposite sex
                  Large mixed gatherings
                  Opportunity to smoke cigarettes or consume other haraam substances such as Alcohol or anything containing Hemp.
                  Extortionate Prices (:p)

                  Its something decent to have - but those who do it too frequently can be in a lot of trouble healthwise - a lot.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: The official : Is sheesha/hukkah halal or haraam?

                    Originally posted by OurMuslimUmmah View Post
                    Some Shi'as think its pretty "Cool"

                    http://www.shiachat.com/forum/index....opic=234932347





                    You get a bunch of Psycho's there.
                    Wow...how ignorant and childish...may allah forgive you for that comment. One person somehow manages to sum up the opinions of the shia community? nice...

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: The official : Is sheesha/hukkah halal or haraam?

                      Originally posted by cityroamer View Post
                      its clearly haraam but we have ''fiqh experts'' in the muslim world telling us its ''perfectly makrooh'' whatever
                      Perhaps they have not looked at the medical facts before making this makhrooh.

                      Sheesha is worse because the tobacco travels deeper and quicker into the lungs in greater quantities because it absorbed within the water which travels through the pipe. Its worse then cigarettes for that reason alone.


                      Visit: www.muslim-mums.co.uk

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: The official : Is sheesha/hukkah halal or haraam?

                        It haraam something that destructive can't be halal

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Re: The official : Is sheesha/hukkah halal or haraam?

                          Originally posted by Madkali View Post
                          Its anything that harms you and leads you to death.
                          Smoking is Haram because it kills you. Smoking Sheesha has damaging effects, = Haram.

                          Chocolate in large doses where by it becomes harmful for your health or could kill you is also Haram...

                          Its a principle: Anything that Harms or kills you is Haram for you,
                          so chocolate is haram? or chocolate in large doses only? is similarly only large doses of smoking haram?

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Re: The official : Is sheesha/hukkah halal or haraam?

                            Smoking itself is Haram. Thats the standing Fatwa- it says it even on the packet that it kills you!!! - I have given the principle the scholars have agreed upon and something which derived from the Quran and Sunnah. - Chocolate itself is not haram, but if u wer to take chocolate which would kill you, then yes its Haram. Everything is Halal in this world, untill we have proof it is HARAM. Chocolate is Halal...no problem..but if the chocolate u were going to eat was to kill you, i.e eating X amounts of bars which would lead to your death, then it becomes haram to eat that much chocolate because it'll kill you. The smoking issue, is the Qiyas made from smoking cigarettes to sheesha, which is extremely strong, if not practically the same. Smoking is Haram because it will kill you and damages you health. Allah swt has said in the Quran “And spend in the Cause of Allaah (i.e. Jihad of all kinds) and do not throw yourselves into destruction (by not spending your wealth in the Cause of Allaah), and do good. Truly, Allaah loves Al-Muhsinoon (the good-doers)” [al-Baqarah 2:195] Even though many of the scholars have said this ayah refers to leaving Jihad, the scholars also agreed that it refers to a general sense of throwing oneself into destruction, i.e destroying oneself. As Al-Shawkaani (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: i.e., do not do that which will bring about your destruction. The salaf had a number of opinions concerning the meaning of the verse. The truth is that what matters is the general meaning of the wording not the specific reason for revelation. Everything that may be called destruction in religious or worldly terms is included in that. This is the view of Ibn Jareer al-Tabari.
                            Last edited by Madkali; 07-08-09, 03:04 AM.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Re: The official : Is sheesha/hukkah halal or haraam?

                              Originally posted by deogol View Post
                              so chocolate is haram? or chocolate in large doses only? is similarly only large doses of smoking haram?

                              I think people are going over the top with such statements.

                              Its logicial that ANYTHING taken in excessive quantities consumed into the body can be harmful.

                              E.g If you drink too much water, it can actually kill you. Understand?

                              Tobacco is harmful but also addictive so are other social drugs. It has devastating effects on the mind and the lungs/breathing/cancer. Why then would doctors stress its harmful effects.

                              I think ppl want to make excuses to make it halal.


                              Visit: www.muslim-mums.co.uk

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Re: The official : Is sheesha/hukkah halal or haraam?

                                Originally posted by Madkali View Post
                                Smoking itself is Haram. Thats the standing Fatwa- it says it even on the packet that it kills you!!! - I have given the principle the scholars have agreed upon and something which derived from the Quran and Sunnah. - Chocolate itself is not haram, but if u wer to take chocolate which would kill you, then yes its Haram. Everything is Halal in this world, untill we have proof it is HARAM. Chocolate is Halal...no problem..but if the chocolate u were going to eat was to kill you, i.e eating X amounts of bars which would lead to your death, then it becomes haram to eat that much chocolate because it'll kill you. The smoking issue, is the Qiyas made from smoking cigarettes to sheesha, which is extremely strong, if not practically the same. Smoking is Haram because it will kill you and damages you health. Allah swt has said in the Quran “And spend in the Cause of Allaah (i.e. Jihad of all kinds) and do not throw yourselves into destruction (by not spending your wealth in the Cause of Allaah), and do good. Truly, Allaah loves Al-Muhsinoon (the good-doers)” [al-Baqarah 2:195] Even though many of the scholars have said this ayah refers to leaving Jihad, the scholars also agreed that it refers to a general sense of throwing oneself into destruction, i.e destroying oneself. As Al-Shawkaani (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: i.e., do not do that which will bring about your destruction. The salaf had a number of opinions concerning the meaning of the verse. The truth is that what matters is the general meaning of the wording not the specific reason for revelation. Everything that may be called destruction in religious or worldly terms is included in that. This is the view of Ibn Jareer al-Tabari.
                                Well said. :up:


                                Visit: www.muslim-mums.co.uk

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X