Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The official : Is sheesha/hukkah halal or haraam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The official : Is sheesha/hukkah halal or haraam?

this substance is very popular and some people are hooked.
    The question is is this permissible?
    Discuss
    Last edited by Stained77; 11-02-09, 08:06 PM.

Re: The official : Is sheesha/hukkah halal or haraam?

I don't know the exact ruiling. However, I know that a lot of garbage goes on at places where shisha is smoked and the majority of shisha smokers I ran into in college were potheads.
    "The Jew cries out as he strikes you."

Remove matzo

Comment

One sheehsa is around the same as a hundred cigarettes something that potent changes your thought of mind and may be considered an intoxicant, but due to the health.. reasons i don't think anyone should do it... i know guys who do it 4-5 times a week =\

Though i've done it twice in my life i hope to never touch it again.
      ‎"Listen with the ears of tolerance. See through the eyes of compassion. Speak with the language of love."
      Rumi RahimuAllah.

Comment

Well... the prophet did warn us specifically that alcohol will one day be drunk in great quantities, because it will be called by another name.
        ~ Verily, with every difficulty comes relief ~

Comment

do a search, there are lots of threads on this.
          ...sermons from this minbar come with tongue planted quite firmly in cheek.

"Let your boat of life be light, packed with only what you need -
          a homely home and simple pleasures, one or two friends,
          worth the name, someone to love and someone to love you,
          a cat, a dog, and a pipe or two, enough to eat and enough to wear,
          and a little more than enough to drink; for thirst is a dangerous thing."

-- Jerome K. Jerome
          (Three Men in a Boat)

Comment

Originally posted by Golden_silence View Post
            One sheehsa is around the same as a hundred cigarettes something that potent changes your thought of mind and may be considered an intoxicant, but due to the health.. reasons i don't think anyone should do it... i know guys who do it 4-5 times a week =\

Though i've done it twice in my life i hope to never touch it again.
            where did u get this from? i thought shisha was less harmful then cigarettes coz the tar and nicottine level is a lot lot less?

Recipes for all the family :inlove:
            (and you thought I was a lazy feminazi which can't cook?)

Comment

Originally posted by naila-k View Post
              where did u get this from? i thought shisha was less harmful then cigarettes coz the tar and nicottine level is a lot lot less?
              i got it from the BBC, no it's ALOT more harmful than cigarettes though they tell you something else at the sheesha lounge.

Just search hookah or Sheesha on the BBC site.
              ‎"Listen with the ears of tolerance. See through the eyes of compassion. Speak with the language of love."
              Rumi RahimuAllah.

Comment

i dnt think so its haram
                n if u do it like once a week its fine, u not gona cause too MUCH damage
                Last edited by hamza05; 11-02-09, 09:10 PM. Reason: edit

Comment

it doesnt say anywhere that sheesha is more harmful then tabacco

Any form of tobacco 'is harmful'
                  Public health experts are warning that more effort needs to be made to alert people in the developing world to the dangers of smoking tobacco.
                  A Canadian study of 27,000 people has showed exposure to any form of tobacco - including chewing and "bubble" pipes - boosts heart attack risk.

There are estimated to be 1.3bn smokers worldwide, 82% of whom live in developing countries.

Heart experts said the Lancet study was further evidence smokers should quit.

Most research has looked at people in developed countries who smoke cigarettes.

This study looked also looked at chewing tobacco, smoking 'bubble pipes' or sheesha smoking (where tobacco is smoked through a water pipe) which is common in the Middle East and beedie smoking - where tobacco is rolled in a dried leaf and tied with a string, popular in South Asia.

The researchers, from McMaster University in Ontario, looked at 12,400 heart attack patients in 52 countries and compared them with 14,000 healthy people.

They concluded that, overall, heart attack risk was increased three-fold in smokers compared with people who had never smoked.

Passive smoking

Chewing tobacco doubled the chances of having a heart attack, as did smoking eight to 10 cigarettes a day.

Heart attack risk decreased with time after people stopped smoking.

In the case of light smokers who had fewer than 10 cigarettes a day, there was no excess risk three to five years after quitting.

However, people who smoked 20 or more cigarettes a day still had a 22% increased risk 20 years after giving up.

The study also concluded second-hand smoke was dangerous to the heart.

The team found people exposed to passive smoking for at least 22 hours a week increased their risk of a heart attack by around 45%.

Professor Salim Yusuf from McMaster University in Ontario, Canada, who led the study, said: "Since the risks of heart attack associated with smoking dissipate substantially after smoking cessation, public health efforts to prevent people from starting the habit and promote quitting in current smokers, will have a large impact in the prevention of heart attacks worldwide."

Ruairi O'Connor, of the British Heart Foundation, said: "This study provides further evidence that tobacco exposure - whether it be smoking, chewing or inhaling - is seriously bad news for your heart health.

"The good news for smokers is that much of the added risk of a heart attack recedes after quitting - a great reason to kick the tobacco habit for good."

Comment

http://www.ash.org.uk/ash_4q8eg0ft.htm

“Shisha 200 times worse than a cigarette” say Middle East experts
                    Rumi RahimuAllah.

Comment

jazakallahkhair

Comment

Shisha is worse because - ignoring the concentration of tobacco for a moment - people smoke it for far far longer periods than they do cigarettes.
                        ...sermons from this minbar come with tongue planted quite firmly in cheek.

"Let your boat of life be light, packed with only what you need -
                        a homely home and simple pleasures, one or two friends,
                        worth the name, someone to love and someone to love you,
                        a cat, a dog, and a pipe or two, enough to eat and enough to wear,
                        and a little more than enough to drink; for thirst is a dangerous thing."

-- Jerome K. Jerome
                        (Three Men in a Boat)

Comment

Some Shi'as think its pretty "Cool"

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/index....opic=234932347

QUOTE(mansab.jafri @ Sep 3 2007, 10:21 AM) *
                          Haram.

TheFollower:

For the Love of GOD!!

How is it haram?
                          QUOTE(Qalanderi @ Sep 3 2007, 09:31 AM) *
                          u dont get any here.. however weed is great here.

TheFollower:
                          Ya akhi..........Weed,haram haram!! VERy Bad!!
                          You get a bunch of Psycho's there.

Comment

simple,
                            harram, everything thats harmful for the body is harram, theres a verse in the quran (someone please provide) which clearly states that harmful substances agaisnt the body are harram.
                            Its just like drinking a litre of acid. nw would u do that?

this has been discussed so many times on the forum, someone should make it a sticky and state taht its HARRAM!
                            ‘…Verily Allah sent the Messenger with the Deen of guidance and truth in order to dominate over all other Deens (i.e. religions; such as Christianity, Hinduism and Judaism and ideologies; such as capitalism and Communism) even if the idolaters dislike it…’

Comment

Does sheeshah/hookah use charcoal?

Charcoal is made from burnt organic matter = Carcinogenic = causes cancer

I don't want cancer, do you?

Comment

Working...
                              X