Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think the veil alienates women in a western society ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do you think the veil alienates women in a western society ?

:salams

Question: Do you think the veil alienates women in a western society?

I work in a company that emplys 99% Muslims. Of course I talk to them and often the topic of Islam comes up due to either news items () or because as a Muslim myself they just randomly ask me stuff.............and now and again the Niqaab issue comes up. All of my work colleagues don't know a Niqaabi therefore they fear them and are against the wearing of the Niqaab in the UK as they think that "if they want to live here they should wear our clothes". Anyways, I tell them why Sisters wear the Niqaab and that it is NOT because men are forcing them to, but simply because Allah has instructed women to................

Allah also said: 'And tell the believing women to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things) and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts, etc) and not to show off their adornment except what must (ordinarily) appear thereof, that they should draw their veils over their Juyubihinna.'(24:31).

.................and that tends to shut em up! lol

But seriously, I don't think it alienates them from society because when you explain to people why Sisters wear Niqaab they do come to respect it, or at least that is what I have found.

Now as a Muslim I have 100% respect for the Niqaabi Sisters and pray that Allah ta'ala protects and rewards you all :D

Comment

someone said a veil attracts too much attention.
      well it may be so but two things should be clear: she's attracting attention because she's covered, not because she's on show, therefore people can look all they like but she is covered and will get no sin. the laws of Islam do not change just because 'they attract too much attention.'
      secondly, it is a form of dawah in itself.
      The enforcement of Muslim Brotherhood is the greatest social ideal of Islam. On it was based the Prophet's (SAW) sermon on his last pilgrimage, and Islam cannot be completely realized until this ideal is achieved. '
      (Shaikh Maulana Muhammad Yusuf)
      In Lam Takun Ghaadiban Annee Falaa Ubaalee...

Comment

Originally posted by Golden_silence View Post

Yes that is because there is a mass of Muslims and almost... every culture and religion in London, go to the less Muslim areas and you will get an honest British opinion.

Yes but the people who do ignore you are alienating you so i guess it does cause alienation ?
        The percentage of people who talk or ignore does not seem to have changed much regardless of niqaab.Cos in London most people ignore each other anyway.
        <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

i am asking anyone with an opinion

That is true, but some people are afraid of the Niqab which causes fear of Islam further creating more biased opinions of Islam going by the Western view of course as Islam only makes up small % of populations so when they see this it further increases ignorance. Which of course is half the fault of the person at hand.

Also there is a lot of harasment involed with the Niqab even in muslim countries

and.. i thought the point of the Niqab was so that the woman could be seen as a person and not as an object you know appreciated for what's on the inside normal people (mostly ignorant of Islam) are afraid of talking to these women because of this. But it does not apply to everyone.

Yes but given the current situation with the whole media/islamaphobic trend i don't think people want to know the people who wear a Niqab.

Alienation in society is a BAD thing segregation of people has always been seen as a bad thing in Islam. If you can't integrate then how will you spread the message of Islam ? get rid of the fear mongering Islamaphobes ?
          A Muslim is asking if the Veil alienates Women!

Nauzubillah,

Are you Oblivious to the reason the Hijab and the Niqaab are ordained?

or do wish to argue and debate a matter already made Clear by Allah Ta'ala and his Rasul :saw: ?

Segregation of People is always seen as Bad in Islam? :eek3:

I invite you to read the Quran, and understand it.

Allah Ta'ala commands us to be with the Sadiqeen, the Muttaqeen,

Not Integrate with the Mushriks and Kuffar and co ...

Nauzubillah.

You have posted much ba'atil, as you have been influenced greatly by the Kuffar ...
          http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

Comment

Originally posted by RazielTemp View Post
            A Muslim is asking if the Veil alienates Women!

Nauzubillah,

Are you Oblivious to the reason the Hijab and the Niqaab are ordained?

or do wish to argue and debate a matter already made Clear by Allah Ta'ala and his Rasul :saw: ?

Segregation of People is always seen as Bad in Islam? :eek3:

I invite you to read the Quran, and understand it.

Allah Ta'ala commands us to be with the Sadiqeen, the Muttaqeen,

Not Integrate with the Mushriks and Kuffar and co ...

Nauzubillah.

You have posted much ba'atil, as you have been influenced greatly by the Kuffar ...
            I have not questioned the purposefulness of the veil or the hijabb i have just asked a simple question does the veil alienate women in a western society to the point of fear and xenophobia ?

As long as i can think i will always be thinking my friend, i understand that we should not be with the kuffar on such a level but segregation to the point where we are seen as total outsiders and the view of our religion is the one is potrayed in the media.

I live in a Kuffar society went to a Kuffar school so being infulenced in such a way is not totally untrue, but the question i am asking is being asked not by people only from the Western world but from other countries like Morroco etc etc.

oh and FYI i have nothing against anyone wearing a Hijabb or a Niqabb i actually endorse it, and know of the trait it carries stop looking at the negative aspect of the poster and look at answer the question at hand. :JKK
            Last edited by .Abu.Rambo.; 11-02-09, 10:40 PM.
            ‎"Listen with the ears of tolerance. See through the eyes of compassion. Speak with the language of love."
            Rumi RahimuAllah.

Comment

:

Are you calling the creation of Allah, the children of Hazrat Adam may peace be upon him trash ?

I'm talking about lifestyle here.

I'd rather not expose myself, yes, to trashy ways in the workplace and keep my niqab.
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZVEydn3RKk

Comment

I have not questioned the purposefulness of the veil or the hijabb i have just asked a simple question does the veil alienate women in a western society to the point of fear and xenophobia ?

As long as i can think i will always be thinking my friend, i understand that we should not be with the kuffar on such a level but segregation to the point where we are seen as total outsiders and the view of our religion is the one is potrayed in the media.

I live in a Kuffar society went to a Kuffar school so being infulenced in such a way is not totally untrue, but the question i am asking is being asked not by people only from the Western world but from other countries like Morroco etc etc.

oh and FYI i have nothing against anyone wearing a Hijabb or a Niqabb i actually endorse it, and know of the trait it carries stop looking at the negative aspect of the poster and look at answer the question at hand. :JKK
                Yes Niqab distances you from SUCH kuffar......

1. who either have hatred towards you for being muslim, or...

2. who have a framed mindset about muslims and

3. who have formed an opinion of muslims and islam thru the eye of CNN, BBC, FOX, ABC, SKY News, Channel 4, PBS and ITV etc.

Those who can think openly, independently, analyze thru their own eyes and not thru the eyes of any of these media channels they do not feel like muslims like to not to integrate with them.

So, now what exactly is your point?
                Last edited by truepath; 12-02-09, 06:33 AM.
                لا أريد مِنْكُمْ جَزَاء وَلا شُكُورًا

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                X