X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wierd?

:salams

okay, what do you make of this:

2 hijabi girls walking in the mall, minding their own business. a seemingly non-muslim lady comes up to them and says "i love your hijabs... im gonna start wearing it on friday" so the girls are like, oh really why so? the lady is like because friday is my conversion ceremony!

the girls are like mashallah thats so great. the lady asks, do you girls go to the mosque on Scott street? girls are like yeah. so the lady asks do you know of the Imam gamal sulaiman? girls like yeah we do he left. and then the lady goes into detail about this imam and his background, where he is now and everything, etc,etc.

apparently he and her husband were long time friends and stuff. so far, sounds legit.
    then she tells us her husband passed away and how hard things are right now, she needed help went to the mosque and no one was there. ummm okaayyy... [sketchy #1].... her daughter that is 6 months old (youngest out of 5 children) is really sick and requires medication that costs ~$500, she was short $127. her muslim neighbour gave her $100 and she doesnt have the $27 to cover the cost of the medication. [sketchy #2] she came from alberta last month and hasnt been in Ontario for 90 days to get the proper health care *something* ... legit? we dont know law [sketchy #3] she tries to force out a few tears and voice quivers and changes expression within moments literally from topic to topic... [sketchy #4]

so back to the story: girl #2 immediately breaks down and goes, omg i have $30 and gives her the money. the lady is super happy and wants to return the money on friday. no reason as to how/when shes getting paid (she said shes a NURSE) [sketchy #5]

isnt quite sure if the language her husband spoke is arabic. [sketchy #6]didnt know the name of the "green book" gamal sulaiman gave her to read. [sketchy #7] wen did he give it? he left canada YEARS AGO!. her conversion she said is on friday, but girl #1 will be out of town and girl #2 has work so neither is directly able to verify if its true.

to the point: is this woman legit? what would you do if you were approached this way? is it wrong to feel doubtful about her situation, feel as though the girls have been hustled... conned... cheated?

please dont yell at me :o
    Screaming, But Will Never Be Heard

Re: Wierd?

Gucci your so naive, thats all i have to say.
    Everyone thinks their a scholar because they know how to copy and paste, you get your ummah face on and the second you log out, you know your reality. Anyone can attain knowledge, how many can implement it?

Comment

wat? why???

i was NOT girl #2

Comment

well they might have been cheated, but she is the real loser cos they gave with intention of helping her so Allah will reward them, & if she is lying then Allah will deal with her.

but it does seem a bit weird, Allahu alam if she is lyin or not. some people do like this though and they target Muslims cos they kno we wil give them
        <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Originally posted by GuCcI View Post
          wat? why???

i was NOT girl #2
          She's a stranger, she made up a story, you felt sorry for her, gave her money she never earned or deserved. She's laughing at girl #2 right now.
          Everyone thinks their a scholar because they know how to copy and paste, you get your ummah face on and the second you log out, you know your reality. Anyone can attain knowledge, how many can implement it?

Comment

I'd walk away straight after she talks about the money...I'm too young to give zakah and too greedy to give sadaqah. Good bye. :D
            *Pokes everyone in the eye with a carrot*
            Muslim Business Directory

Watch ALL Muslim TV Channels here:
            Al Jazeera Live Press TV Islam Channel Peace TV Al Huda

Comment

i know :(

girl #2 is my friend :(

im so paranoid and cynical even though she knew everything about the Imam and it was belieavble in the beginning wen she started about her daughter and stuff it didnt add up. so of course i didnt want to give a bad impression as a hijabi and bluntly cut her off so i was trying to ease out of it by being nice.

my friend was skeptical too but wen she saw i was being nice (fake nice btw!!!) she felt bad and gave the money! i was being nice not because i believed her but because i wanted to leave gently.

Comment

Originally posted by WahYaLookin'At? View Post
                I'd walk away straight after she talks about the money...I'm too young to give zakah and too greedy to give sadaqah. Good bye. :D

Im not too young to give money BUT I also would of walked away as soon as money was mentioned.

Does sound a tad bit dodgy if you ask me

Comment

Originally posted by WahYaLookin'At? View Post
                  as easy as that sounds, its difficult wen you, your actions and behaviour represent your religion. she approached us with talk of Islam.
                  every step we take we have to think wat impact it will have and how it will be perceived.
                  as much as i would have loved to have walked away, even the tiniest part of me thought even if its real, and anything is possible by the will of Allah swt, what kind of impression would i be giving?

will have this verified on friday inshallah. am gonna make sure my brother/dad goes to that specific mosque on friday inshallah.

Comment

i know :(

girl #2 is my friend :(

im so paranoid and cynical even though she knew everything about the Imam and it was belieavble in the beginning wen she started about her daughter and stuff it didnt add up. so of course i didnt want to give a bad impression as a hijabi and bluntly cut her off so i was trying to ease out of it by being nice.

my friend was skeptical too but wen she saw i was being nice (fake nice btw!!!) she felt bad and gave the money! i was being nice not because i believed her but because i wanted to leave gently.
                    Moral of the story is you don't give money to people you don't know at all.

Your friend has a big heart but tell her from next time to use her brain instead of following her heart in these matters, you can't be so naive and gullible.

Comment

I remember a time when i was walking home from the rail station and this well dressed muslim brother approached me with a story ' Assalamalaykum Brother how are you etc..etc...i was on a trip down to london for halal meat and i have come all the way from up north by train and have lost my train ticket, please help me out brother etc...so I believed him and helped me with some money, got home and told my sister about the brother as i found it a bit odd that someone would come all the way to london by train to buy meat when most big towns up north in england have meat shops....my sister looked at me and said..thats odd because i also was approached by a brother in the same area but i never stopped for him and walked on....i found out a few days later that this 'brother' was actually local and was fooling muslims out of their money and i even saw him a few days later asking other innocent muslims for money..

Comment

I can find out for you sis! I'll speak with my dad and go on friday and check it out if you'd like.
                        وَإِذَا سَأَلَكَ عِبَادِي عَنِّي فَإِنِّي قَرِيبٌ أُجِيبُ دَعْوَةَ الدَّاعِ إِذَا دَعَانِ فَلْيَسْتَجِيبُواْ لِي وَلْيُؤْمِنُواْ بِي لَعَلَّهُمْ يَرْشُدُونَ
                        "And when My servants ask you (O Muhammad concerning Me, then answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright."
                        Surah al-Baqarah ayah 186
                        [2:186]

.:.
                        .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
                        Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

Comment

i think girl number 2 did the rite thing. :up:
                          ...and InshAllah i remind myself before i remind others.

ASPIRE to INSPIRE before you EXPIRE!

Is your Boss coming?...Click here :D

Comment

Originally posted by Ibrahim70 View Post

Im not too young to give money BUT I also would of walked away as soon as money was mentioned.

Does sound a tad bit dodgy if you ask me
                            Yeah, :lailah:

as easy as that sounds, its difficult wen you, your actions and behaviour represent your religion. she approached us with talk of Islam.
                            every step we take we have to think wat impact it will have and how it will be perceived.
                            as much as i would have loved to have walked away, even the tiniest part of me thought even if its real, and anything is possible by the will of Allah swt, what kind of impression would i be giving?

will have this verified on friday inshallah. am gonna make sure my brother/dad goes to that specific mosque on friday inshallah.
                            I guess you shouldn't judge er, but if it's dodgy, like straight up dodgy I wouldn't give er money, she might use it on drugs for all I know,

So I might give er advice on where to get the money from or how to make it, but not give it myself, that way if she does get the money she uses it on what I thought she was going to use it on (something good) and if she doesn't, she'll pay for the consequences and it won't be my fault.. :lailah:
                            *Pokes everyone in the eye with a carrot*
                            Muslim Business Directory

Watch ALL Muslim TV Channels here:
                            Al Jazeera Live Press TV Islam Channel Peace TV Al Huda

Comment

her "name" was alisha

man the rideau centre is full of weirdos!

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X