Beard line?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beard line?

Brothers, is there any rulings as to where the beard starts? Example, is the beard just the hair around our chin, or does the hair under the sideburns count as a beard too? And also is it permissible to trim hair under the jaw, and around the neck? :jkk:
    SPREAD OF EVIL
    ZIONISM
    BOLLYWOOD

Re: Beard line?

From what I've read, the beard is any facial hair that you have. For example, the sides of my face don't grow out, so I'm only growing the chin. That's my beard.
    Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up do we realize something was actually strange.

Comment

Originally posted by -MA- View Post
      Brothers, is there any rulings as to where the beard starts? Example, is the beard just the hair around our chin, or does the hair under the sideburns count as a beard too? And also is it permissible to trim hair under the jaw, and around the neck? :jkk:
      neck isn't apart of the beard, i keep my neck clean and lots of brother do as well. as for where the beard is, well the cheeks and yes the side burns are included.

Comment

Originally posted by Muujahid View Post
        neck isn't apart of the beard, i keep my neck clean and lots of brother do as well. as for where the beard is, well the cheeks and yes the side burns are included.
        :salams

Yea I like to keep the neck 'clean' as well :up:

Looks tidier innit.

But yea the beard is considered the sideburns all the way down the face until they meet under the chin and then the moustache which joins with the beard................if your lucky cause mine won't join :o

Comment

Originally posted by Muujahid View Post
          I have been told otherwise. To be on the safe side, I don't touch my beard neck and all.
          "The Jew cries out as he strikes you."

Remove matzo

Comment

Originally posted by Basil al-Mamluk View Post
            I have been told otherwise. To be on the safe side, I don't touch my beard neck and all.
            I don't shave my neck either. Personally, I think it makes my beard look bigger.
            Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up do we realize something was actually strange.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfn View Post
              I don't shave my neck either. Personally, I think it makes my beard look bigger.
              My beard is like your avator but with a lil tash with it! lol

But as long as we as Muslims are growing and donning beards then its all good :up:

Comment

Originally posted by Basil al-Mamluk View Post
                being told and being sure are 2 different issues. but since were on the beard topic. i know its been said to grow the beard but does it state what is to little.

mean i know people with close cut beards but their still beards, just not as long as what some would deem "Islamic".

Comment

personally. A beard that looks different than the kuffar. So no Chin Strap, No Pencil Line Beard, it needs to have some volume! as in u can grip it! Cmon, a beard which will make you sort of stand out. The point is to be different than the non-muslims. Identity. But then again, the beard isn't EVERYTHING. The actions count too. But to an average joe, walking down the street, they will never know if ur a muslim or not. Khair, theres so much ikhtilaaf and debate on this issue.

fashionable beard is really weird. haha that rhymed.
                  " The issue in palestine will not be solved by the United States or any western country. It's not going to be solved by Dan Six Pack or Sally Soccer mom! " Anwar Al-Awlaki

Comment

Originally posted by LastFriday View Post

You're a poet and didn't know it.

Comment

Originally posted by LastFriday View Post
                      personally. A beard that looks different than the kuffar. So no Chin Strap, No Pencil Line Beard, it needs to have some volume! as in u can grip it! Cmon, a beard which will make you sort of stand out. The point is to be different than the non-muslims. Identity. But then again, the beard isn't EVERYTHING. The actions count too. But to an average joe, walking down the street, they will never know if ur a muslim or not. Khair, theres so much ikhtilaaf and debate on this issue.

dont know if you've noticed but the kuffar has been copying the muslims for years. i know christians w/ beards as big and if not bigger than some or most muslims.

honestly you just can't tell anymore...

Comment

Originally posted by -MA- View Post
                        For maliki and shafi'i fiqh, the beard is the hair that's on/over the chin. The sides are not considered "beard" (so you can have a goatee).

I don't know about the other schools.

And Allah swt knows best.

Comment

How are the hair on the sides not considered part of the beard, but the hair on chin considered being part of a beard.

Comment

Originally posted by OBL View Post
                            How are the hair on the sides not considered part of the beard, but the hair on chin considered being part of a beard.
                            she is correct according to maliki... but according to the salafi's the entire face both cheeks and chin are the beards. oh and the side burns as well
                            Last edited by Muujahid; 09-02-09, 11:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by OBL View Post
                              That's just the fiqhi definition for shafi'is and malikis. There are pages and pages and pages and... pages written about it.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X