Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What should an argumentative speech start with?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should an argumentative speech start with?

I have a speech to make for english class and just wanted some idea. It supposed to be an argumentative speech. I just wanted to know how I should start? like a normal greeting or what?
    "And so, those were his last words, he had difficulty breathing. Dying on the inside, internally bleeding. The Angel of Death, dragged him away while he was sleeping.... watched his world crumble in front of him, searching for meaning..."

Re: What should an argumentative speech start with?

just start with good morning or good afternoon give a little intro on
    what you will be talking about, then briefly outline the other sides opinions, then go on to what YOU have to say. end with a definite interesting and closing statement, or a rhetorical question.
    The enforcement of Muslim Brotherhood is the greatest social ideal of Islam. On it was based the Prophet's (SAW) sermon on his last pilgrimage, and Islam cannot be completely realized until this ideal is achieved. '
    (Shaikh Maulana Muhammad Yusuf)
    In Lam Takun Ghaadiban Annee Falaa Ubaalee...

Comment

argumentative speech? like to start an argument?

Start with something like: "What you lookin at" and then give him a screw look.
      Last edited by Chained_Water; 05-02-09, 10:57 PM. Reason: language
      Watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvM7L5Wm7q0

‎"If she's not on the deen, she's not fit to be your queen. If he hasn't got imaan, he's not fit to be your man."

Comment

Look at your english teacher and say..."oi, boatman"
        http:/www.alghurabaa.org
        Islaam began as something strange and will return as something strange, so glad tidings to the strangers..

[dhikrullah.com]

Comment

:rotfl:

trust me its easy to start an argument, just say something like:

"bruv can u stop eyeing me up i aint batting for the otha team"
          Watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvM7L5Wm7q0

‎"If she's not on the deen, she's not fit to be your queen. If he hasn't got imaan, he's not fit to be your man."

Comment

AssalamuAlaykum

Depends what its about. Who yer audience is... (oh yeh its yer classmates)...erm how argumentative you wanna sound and so on. The intro is always important but a polite argument is always best so start it the normal formal way.

WassalamuAlakum
            s a b r

Comment

aims of the talk

questions tht u will address
              check out this blog>>>http://myworldmuslimah.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by junaid368 View Post
                I have a speech to make for english class and just wanted some idea. It supposed to be an argumentative speech. I just wanted to know how I should start? like a normal greeting or what?
                :salams,

Its good to start with the argument that you're opposing, just to reinstate it and allow you to have a good flow to the argument that you're presenting? and then introduce your opinion, with a HOWEVER, Regardless, Even though, Nevertheless, On the contrary/other hand blah blah blah :p

How did it go?

Dunno why I've bumped this thread up.. :o
                :love:"And whosoever is conscious of Allah, He will make a way for him to get out (from every difficulty). And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine. And whoever puts his trust in Allah, then He will suffice him. Verily, Allah will accomplish His purpose. Indeed Allah has sent a measure for all things." (Quran: 65/2-3)

Comment

"I'm not racists but..."

Comment

Around my house, an argumentative argument usually started with, "you flippin' idiot" :p
                    I took the road less traveled...where the heck am I? :scratch:

Comment

Originally posted by Ibn Khattab View Post
                      argumentative speech? like to start an argument?

Start with something like: "What you lookin at" and then give him a screw look.
                      Originally posted by Abu Muslim View Post
                      Look at your english teacher and say..."oi, boatman"
                      Originally posted by Ibn Khattab View Post

trust me its easy to start an argument, just say something like:

"bruv can u stop eyeing me up i aint batting for the otha team"

jokers.
                      "Love of Allah" <------- Click

Comment

It went ok, have never been a food public speaker, though I didn't go terribally bad, think I got like a 21/25. Thanks everyone for ur advice
                        "And so, those were his last words, he had difficulty breathing. Dying on the inside, internally bleeding. The Angel of Death, dragged him away while he was sleeping.... watched his world crumble in front of him, searching for meaning..."

Comment

Originally posted by Te'oma View Post
                          Around my house, an argumentative argument usually started with, "you flippin' idiot" :p
                          looooool, must be a hilarious:D

Comment

Originally posted by Supernova Nebula View Post
                            looooool, must be a hilarious:D
                            ummm no...with 4 daughters, arguments usually went downhill from there LOL You girls can be so dang vicious...
                            I took the road less traveled...where the heck am I? :scratch:

Comment

Originally posted by Te'oma View Post
                              ummm no...with 4 daughters, arguments usually went downhill from there LOL You girls can be so dang vicious...
                              do your girls use your boys as proxies to beat u up?:p

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X