X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• national insurance

does anyone know how its works out?

i'm sure i'm paying too much NI....i've never paid this much NI ever :(

also...to claim tax back...can that only been done at the end of the tax year with a tax return? or can i call them up and ask them to reduce my tax until i've got it all back/send me a cheque?

my stoopid company said my p45 had expired and have been on an emergency tax code for 4 months :@ :@ :@

Re: national insurance

Asalam alaykum
    Go down the tax office with your wage slip and talk them in person about it - employers can usually sort it out though if you are on the BR code..

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/incometax/emergency-code.htm

they have all the info on how to reclaim at the bottom and where to locate your nearest tax office.. you could leave it till the new financial year.. its not too far off..
    "If you have burned the Jews, why don't you give a piece of Europe, the United States, Canada or Alaska to Israel. Our question is, if you have committed this huge crime, why should the innocent nation of Palestine pay for this crime?"

http://muslimwiki.com/mw/images/thum...Palestine2.jpg

Comment

http://www.taxaid.org.uk/help.cfm?secnav=4&articleid=89

The above will help you understand NI and the rates and limits at which allowances and payments are due.

YOu need to know if your Tax Coding reference is correct, if not you may be due a refund of tax. I assume you are under PAYE, so the coding reference is on your paystlip a 3/4 digit number followed by a letter.
      Last edited by Arsalan; 25-01-09, 07:17 PM.
      "Closer and closer to mankind comes their Reckoning: yet they heed not and they turn away" (21:1)

" How can the one who chooses a hour of Haraam pleasure, above the eternal pleasure of Jannah, ever be considered as sane? "
      -Ibn Al Qayyim

Beneficial Database of Islamic Books and Media: www.Islamhouse.com
      Interested in Islam : www.islamreligion.com ; www.islam-guide.com

Comment

Originally posted by Hafsah View Post
        does anyone know how its works out?

i'm sure i'm paying too much NI....i've never paid this much NI ever :(

also...to claim tax back...can that only been done at the end of the tax year with a tax return? or can i call them up and ask them to reduce my tax until i've got it all back/send me a cheque?

my stoopid company said my p45 had expired and have been on an emergency tax code for 4 months :@ :@ :@
        salaam

overpaid tax can only be calculated once the tax office recieves a copy of your p60 from your employers. Once thse details are on the system you can call up and ask the advisor to check if tax has been overpaid...the br or wk1/m1 code is always put in action when previous employer details or current emloyer details are missing or incomplete ther4 ther is no other way to reduce the tax further...hav patience, i hav worked 4 the tax office and they always redfund what is owed to the tax payer

gud luk

Comment

:jkk: for your help everyone

ok...patience it is...aprils not that far away anyway

another question...(sorry this tax stuff is really winding me up at the moment), i was lookin at my p60 for 07/08...and payslips from my previous employers...and looking at the tax...(paye)...i wasnt taxed exactly 20%, slightly under, and each month i wasnt taxed 20%

though looking at my tax on the emergency tax code...i've been taxed exactly 20%

so i'm confused...have i been under taxed before? or does PAYE spread the tax across the year so it isnt exactly 20% each month?

Comment

Salaam

Just call up the Inland Revenue. The number should be on your allowance document they send you.

Ask them to check for you.

Ive done stuff like this over the phone and in letter one time. They are very helpful.

Once they have assessed you have paid too much tax, wait a few weeks and call them back to check on how they are progressing. Any ovepayment you can ask them to pay direct into your bank account.

If it turns out you have paid less tax, they will ask you pay it.

Visit: www.muslim-mums.co.uk

Comment

:jkk: for your help everyone

ok...patience it is...aprils not that far away anyway

another question...(sorry this tax stuff is really winding me up at the moment), i was lookin at my p60 for 07/08...and payslips from my previous employers...and looking at the tax...(paye)...i wasnt taxed exactly 20%, slightly under, and each month i wasnt taxed 20%

though looking at my tax on the emergency tax code...i've been taxed exactly 20%

so i'm confused...have i been under taxed before? or does PAYE spread the tax across the year so it isnt exactly 20% each month?
              salaam

again sister "tension lainay ka nahi, deynay ka"

all u have to do is call the tax office...(make sure u call the right area office...) and ask them to check your record 4 clarification

Comment

Originally posted by MAsif View Post
                salaam

again sister "tension lainay ka nahi, deynay ka"
                ?!

will call them on weds inshaAllaah :)

what if i owe them 1000's?! will they expect it back straight away?

Comment

?!

will call them on weds inshaAllaah :)

what if i owe them 1000's?! will they expect it back straight away?
                  salaam

if an underpayment exists it will automatically be added to ur tax code next year as a deduction. This means u will pay more tax until ur underpayment dissapears. If its a huge underpayment they will either ask u to pay it bak, or they will arange for it to be spread over a number of years in ur tax code...

dnt worry man!! inshallah u will hav a huge overpayment waiting 4 u wen u call..make sure u share

Comment

dont worry sis, I do that everytime I've started new job for the lumsum you get when you claim. You don't need to wait for april, just call up your tax office (should be on your payslip or find from hr). They will send you a p46 to fill up and then bob's your uncle and lum sum in your account.
                    "The objective behind Shari'ah is to liberate individuals from his desires in order to be a true Abd (slave) of Allah and that is the legitimate Maslaha... Violating the Shari'ah under the pretext of following Maqasid al-Shari'ah is like the one who cares about the spirit without the body and since the body without the spirit is useless therefore the spirit without the body is useless too." ~ Imam Shatibi - The greatest intellectual founder of Maqasid al-Shari'ah

Comment

reason your paying more NI than you should is because like you said you;re on emergency tax.

Comment

I no they are ripping us off

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                        X