Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boycott the BBC?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Boycott the BBC?

    [HTML]http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7846150.stm[/HTML]

    Looks lik ethe BBC should also be on the boycott list!!

    I haven't been in London for a while but this is ridiculous, I remember them broadcasting appeals for Darfur, they didn't seem to think that would compromise their impartiality! Shows how the news coming to us is not necessary what is actually happening, but what they choose to tell viewers.

  • #2
    Re: Boycott the BBC?

    Or you could register a complaint.

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/
    The following statement is completely true

    The previous statement is totally false

    :D

    Comment


    • #4
      Re: Boycott the BBC?

      Yes something has to be done about the BBC.

      Unfortunately not many people will want to give up their tv.

      so the only viable option is to campaign for the removal of tv licencing.

      Comment


      • #5
        Re: Boycott the BBC?

        well actually ive not watched bbc for almost a week but people can atleast avoid the website

        Comment


        • #6
          Re: Boycott the BBC?

          israel war criminals bbc crimes against the human race we should get all muslims in the uk to boycott the license fee its our choice not to finance the bbc we must make them pay for there support for israel non violence fight politics with politics

          bbc license fee boycott brothers sisters we together can change everything we have to unite to defeat israel inhumanty

          boycott the bbc license fee.

          Comment


          • #7
            Re: Boycott the BBC?

            yeah i think we should boycott the license fee.. hit them where it hurts most..

            anyone willing to set this up so that we can get this rolling?

            Comment


            • #8
              Re: Boycott the BBC?

              see the campaigns section. includes a draft letter explaining why you're ditching your TV and cancelling your tv licence
              [CENTER]
              [/CENTER]
              [CENTER]
              [/CENTER]

              [SIZE=1][COLOR=dimgray]
              [/COLOR][/SIZE]

              Comment


              • #9
                Re: Boycott the BBC?

                The TV License Authority = BBC

                they are very secretive about it but infact they are both the same!

                Comment


                • #10
                  Re: Boycott the BBC?

                  has some one put together a flyer / email about this? if not, let me know I will put something together inshaAllah. but if you have, send it over, will mass mail it out to everyone.
                  Coffe and a slice of your finest cake :-)

                  Comment


                  • #11
                    Re: Boycott the BBC?

                    Originally posted by CantThinkOfOne View Post
                    [HTML]http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7846150.stm[/HTML]

                    Looks lik ethe BBC should also be on the boycott list!!

                    I haven't been in London for a while but this is ridiculous, I remember them broadcasting appeals for Darfur, they didn't seem to think that would compromise their impartiality! Shows how the news coming to us is not necessary what is actually happening, but what they choose to tell viewers.

                    Unfortunately, there is only ONE way to boycott the BBC and thats by not having a TV. The problem is in the UK you have to buy a TV licence by law to watch television. The licence funds the BBC channels.

                    If you watch TV without paying for a licence, you are BREAKING THE LAW...

                    ...another Government stealth tax!

                    Not watching the channel will make no difference - you have to get rid of your TV and thereby not pay your TV licence.

                    Hope that clarifies.
                    Last edited by Russo; 26-01-09, 08:24 PM.


                    Visit: www.muslim-mums.co.uk

                    Comment


                    • #12
                      Re: Boycott the BBC?

                      Originally posted by Russo View Post
                      Unfortunately, there is only ONE way to boycott the BBC and thats by not having a TV. The problem is in the UK you have to buy a TV licence by law to watch television. The licence funds the BBC channels.

                      If you watch TV without paying for a licence, you are BREAKING THE LAW.

                      Not watching the channel will make no difference - you have to get rid of your TV and thereby not pay your TV licence.

                      Hope that clarifies.

                      no sis, the licence is for LIve to air programmes, not for actually having a TV.

                      You can still watch DVDs, Videos and play video games on there too, just not watch any of the channels.
                      The Prophet SAW said, "(There are2words which R dear 2 the most gracious (Allah SWT)&very easy4the tongue2say but very heavy in the balance.They are:Subhan Allahi Wa Bihamdihi - Subhan Allahil-Azim

                      Comment


                      • #13
                        Re: Boycott the BBC?

                        Originally posted by Russo View Post
                        Not watching the channel will make no difference - you have to get rid of your TV and thereby not pay your TV licence.

                        Hope that clarifies.
                        We've had a couple of threads on this. You do not need to get rid of your TV to return your license. You can keep it so long as you don't use it to watch over the air shows.
                        Excerpts from Freedom of Information Requests to the BBC:

                        http://www.bbctvlicence.com/Question...%20answers.htm

                        Edit: MG really has it in for the Beeb :D
                        ...sermons from this minbar come with tongue planted quite firmly in cheek.


                        "Let your boat of life be light, packed with only what you need -
                        a homely home and simple pleasures, one or two friends,
                        worth the name, someone to love and someone to love you,
                        a cat, a dog, and a pipe or two, enough to eat and enough to wear,
                        and a little more than enough to drink; for thirst is a dangerous thing."

                        -- Jerome K. Jerome
                        (Three Men in a Boat)

                        Comment


                        • #14
                          Re: Boycott the BBC?

                          Originally posted by Joha View Post
                          We've had a couple of threads on this. You do not need to get rid of your TV to return your license. You can keep it so long as you don't use it to watch over the air shows.
                          Excerpts from Freedom of Information Requests to the BBC:

                          http://www.bbctvlicence.com/Question...%20answers.htm

                          Edit: MG really has it in for the Beeb :D
                          If you keep your TV "connected", I was told that you can get done for watching it without a TV licence. Thats what I meant by getting rid of it because of the suspicion that you may be watching it.

                          (Sorry I hadnt explained myself properly. A person getting rid of their licence should just store their tv away somewhere....).
                          Last edited by Russo; 26-01-09, 08:42 PM.


                          Visit: www.muslim-mums.co.uk

                          Comment

                          Collapse

                          Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                          Working...
                          X