X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urza26
    replied
    Re: WARNING to everybody about me.

Despite some making light of the matter, I will assume that you are sincere.
    I'm not sure how much you know about your own condition, if memory serves, you said that you suffer from Bipolar Disorder (BD)?

It seems to be interfering with your functioning of daily life since you mentioned that it makes it difficult for you to pray. Also delusions of grandeur (forgive me, but I can't think of another term), excessive activity and rapid speech are the defining characteristics of BD.

If it is indeed BD, you need to really strategize. When the person is in the manic phase, the person has little control over herself. Usually a person does not enter mania for no reason, there are usually cues that cause a person to go into that state. When you are feeling relatively calm, avoid those cues at all cost (you know best what they are, if they exist).

Also, I understand that lithium is a very sensitive drug, in that it can cause a rebound effect if you stop taking it suddenly. Typically, the professional will reduce the dosage gradually.

If you do enter the manic phase, there is one thing that people sometimes do. My prof told me that some people with the condition channel their excessive energies into things like drawing and such. Since you're a Muslim, there will be things that you cannot do, but the idea is to channel those energies into a positive direction that will NOT escalate the mania. E.g.: I've read a case of a person who fantasized about building an internet empire, so for that person spending time on the computer is an unhealthy avenue for his excess energies.

Bottom line is that you need to equip yourself with as much knowledge as possible from reliable sources. Use the knowledge to your full advantage to fight the condition alongside asking for Allah's help. Insha Allah, God guides whomsoever he wills.

Lastly, physical exercise could help keep the condition under control, as I've read in several cases... hmmm... does your husband know about the full seriousness of your case?

Leave a comment:

• Donut
    replied

Originally posted by Age View Post
    something holds my hand when I'm standing sometimes. it's like a still piece of air or some force and sometimes I feel like my children are talking to me even though they are not in this dunyah yet...but insha Allaah they will come.
    InshAllah sister age. Indeed this is quite fascinating. I will do dua, you have beautiful children that grow up and become pious believers in Islam InshAllah. Just out of curiousity is the sensation like feathers being brushed across the hand, or is more like a tug - i find this quite adorable MahshAllah!

Leave a comment:

• KeeKee
    replied

not you :love: thread in general

Leave a comment:

• Pippin1376
    replied

eh?

Leave a comment:

• KeeKee
    replied

:scratch::scratch::scratch:

Leave a comment:

• Pippin1376
    replied

I saw this black ghost near my house it lasted for 1 or 2 seconds.
    I remember someone else talking about this here, Cashew said it's something to do with your eyes and not really a ghost or anything like that. I get that sometimes (it doesn't last 1-2 seconds though and it usually happens when I'm tired) and it goes away once I open my eyes really wide. It's probably nothing inshallah.

Leave a comment:

• Believer1984
    replied

Asalaam wale kum

I have read your thread and I think you might not be joking. As I know some people who go mentally astray and some have been some of my friends.

I know others might think your joking but forgive them as they do not understand the craziness.

My advice is beat that horrible force upon you and pray dearly and make intentions always to pray Insha-Allah ! :o

If 1 can cure anger, pride and jealousy through prayer then 1 can also over-come any illness.

peace.

w.s

Leave a comment:

• GuCcI
    replied

What?
    u sound very dramatic and come off as an attention-seeker. :up: if you really cared for help, you'd have one brief concise post in anonymous and not dragging this on forever

and my friends say im so dramatic i could be my own soap opera sheesh

Leave a comment:

• KeeKee
    replied

what does your husband think of this?

Leave a comment:

• Umu Caamir
    replied

do they have names?
    boy or girl?

Leave a comment:

• Myasana
    replied

something holds my hand when I'm standing sometimes. it's like a still piece of air or some force and sometimes I feel like my children are talking to me even though they are not in this dunyah yet...but insha Allaah they will come.
    what do your children say to you?

Leave a comment:

• Mohammed.F
    replied

I knew it!

Because my facial expression when I used to read some of your post, looked like this --->

Leave a comment:

• Khuram_2k?
    replied

this should be THE thread of ~2009~

gotta be hard to beat this...

Leave a comment:

Originally posted by GuCcI View Post
    What?

Leave a comment:

• GuCcI
    replied

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X