• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ..~* Hilm [Forbearance] *~..

:salams,

Hilm [Forbearance]:
    The abandonment of haste...

Ar-Raghib said, ‘it is the ability to control the soul and temperament at the onrush of anger.’ al-Jahiz said, it is the abandonment of taking revenge in the state of extreme anger, despite the ability to do so.’ al-Jurani said, ‘it is to be clam in the state of anger.’

Ibn Hibban said,

‘it is to prevent the soul, at the onset of something that it dislikes, from falling into that which is prohibited. It is made up of cognisance (ma’rifah), patience (sabr), deliberation (anah), and examination and circumspection (tathabbut). …Were hilm to have no praiseworthy trait except preventing one from falling into sin and entering into despicable situations, this would be sufficient in making it obligatory upon the intelligent to adhere to whenever he finds the opportunity…It is obligatory upon the intelligent when he becomes angry and exasperated to bring to mind the hilm that Allah displays to him despite his frequently transgressing the bounds and falling into sin, this should then direct him to showing hilm and prevent his anger from leading to sin…were hilm to have parents, one of them would be intelligence and the other silence.’

Al-Mawardi said, ‘hilm is from the most noble of qualities and the most deserving of being possessed by the intelligent, the perspicuous. It serves to preserve ones honour, keep one free from trouble and worry, and attract respect and praise.’”

source: http://fafirrooelaallaah.wordpress.com/
    Courtesy of Sis .: Anna :. :love:
    :inlove:
    :love:"And whosoever is conscious of Allah, He will make a way for him to get out (from every difficulty). And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine. And whoever puts his trust in Allah, then He will suffice him. Verily, Allah will accomplish His purpose. Indeed Allah has sent a measure for all things." (Quran: 65/2-3)

Re: ..~* Hilm [Forbearance] *~..

intelligence and silence, two very good traits :up:
    ‎"Listen with the ears of tolerance. See through the eyes of compassion. Speak with the language of love."
    Rumi RahimuAllah.

Comment

lol sis someone jst posted this like 2day or yday
      where do u think i copied it from to my blog? (anything good i jst nick it hehe :p)
      i think it was sis umm mujahid :)
      but just to add something, the definition where its mentioned about restraining from taking revenge in a situation where one has the ability to do so, this reminds me of some commentry which i put recently in the quran appreciation thread:
      here
      to summarise, this is the more difficult patience, where one has a choice.
      actually i heard another saying i cant remember the reference, but that 7ilm is a stage higher than sabr because 7ilm moreso applies in these cases?
      anyway insha Allah read what i paste in quran thread its very interesting masha allah (that one i c&p from someone else blog :p)
      .: Rufaida :.
      .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
      http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
      “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
      but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
      ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
      <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

this is an amazing thread because i was just thinking of sabr and hilm today and had to check my notes to make sure just what hilm is-so :jkk: :up:
        The enforcement of Muslim Brotherhood is the greatest social ideal of Islam. On it was based the Prophet's (SAW) sermon on his last pilgrimage, and Islam cannot be completely realized until this ideal is achieved. '
        (Shaikh Maulana Muhammad Yusuf)
        In Lam Takun Ghaadiban Annee Falaa Ubaalee...

Comment

lol what is hilm??^^^
          if u dnt mind me askin

Comment

hamza if u read the thread then u would know
            .: Rufaida :.
            .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
            http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
            “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
            but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
            ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
            <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

:jkk:
              :love::lailah::love:

~*~ Never give up making du3a to Allah (s.w.t) ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by .: Anna :. View Post
                hamza if u read the thread then u would know
                yh sorry, my stupidity
                just read the orignal post

Comment