• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Re: Eating Too Much

Originally posted by Age View Post
    As Salam Alaikum

It Is Evil!
    full stomatch, I think makes a person arrogant and unthankful.
    A full stomach just makes me inactive and sleepy.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by Pippin1376 View Post
    It's sunnah to leave a third of your stomach with air. 1/3 for air, 1/3 for a drink, 1/3 for food.
    I'm sorry, but when I try to intake air, I burp loudly. It upsets some people... others laugh.

Leave a comment:

Originally posted by GuCcI View Post
    im addicted to food :( i wanna eat even wen im not hungry :( i feel like a fat cow these days :(
    sister I feel the same way.

Leave a comment:

• Ibn Sina
    replied

belongs in the sisters forum :rofl1:

Leave a comment:

• Hidden Beauty
    replied

Originally posted by GuCcI View Post
    im addicted to food :( i wanna eat even wen im not hungry :( i feel like a fat cow these days :(
    me2

Leave a comment:

• GuCcI
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Umm Saalehah
    replied

Originally posted by Hidden Beauty View Post
    makes sense, Ive also heard its good to drink water before you eat so you get full up quicker?
    I heard the prophet saw used to eat his food first then he would drink he water after he had finished

Leave a comment:

• Hidden Beauty
    replied

makes sense, Ive also heard its good to drink water before you eat so you get full up quicker?

Leave a comment:

• KeeKee
    replied

Originally posted by Umm Saalehah View Post
    I remember hearing how the prophet saw used to sit with his leg up/bent and the other underneath that leg so his body would have been leaning a bit to one side and and how doctors are now finding out that by sitting that way the food you eat goes to one side and when it fills up a third you feel full or something like that. Dont quote me on this, I heard this from my friend who is a doctor and studied digestion/stomach stuff.
    heard exactly the same thing :up: apparently its sunnah to eat that way when eating?

Leave a comment:

• Umm Saalehah
    replied

Originally posted by adil786 View Post
    Just a question How would you know your stomach is one thrid full ... ? :)
    I remember hearing how the prophet saw used to sit with his leg up/bent and the other underneath that leg so his body would have been leaning a bit to one side and and how doctors are now finding out that by sitting that way the food you eat goes to one side and when it fills up a third you feel full or something like that. Dont quote me on this, I heard this from my friend who is a doctor and studied digestion/stomach stuff.

Leave a comment:

• PiElle2
    replied

take a deep breath, drink some water, then eat... there air, water, food... :up:

Leave a comment:

Originally posted by layla tul qadr View Post
    huh?
    experience. why are we better muslims in ramadan?

Leave a comment:

Originally posted by Civilised View Post
    Asalam Alaykum,

In Muslim and Bukhari: "The believer eats with one stomach while the kafir eats with seven stomachs." Meaning: The believer eats with the manners of Islam and in moderation, while the karif eats based on desires and gluttony and so he eats with seven stomachs.

Also: "Food for one is enough for two and food for two is enough for three and food for three is enough for four."

Also: From Aisha: The family of Muhammad (sas) never filled themselves with wheat bread three days in a row from the time he came to Madinah until he passed away."

On the authority of Al-Miqdaam ibn Maadiy-Karib who said: I heard the Messenger of Allah saying: "No human ever filled a vessel worse than the stomach. Sufficient for any son of Adam are some morsels to keep his back straight. But if it must be, then one third for his food, one third for his drink and one third for his breath."

Ahmad, At-Tirmidhi, An-Nasaa’I, Ibn Majah – Hadith sahih.
    wow SUBHAN ALLAH.

Leave a comment:

• layla tul qadr
    replied

Originally posted by Age View Post
    As Salam Alaikum

It Is Evil!
    full stomatch, I think makes a person arrogant and unthankful.
    huh?

Leave a comment:

• Pippin1376
    replied

Originally posted by adil786 View Post
    Just a question How would you know your stomach is one thrid full ... ? :)
    I guess when you stop feeling hungry, then you know you've eaten enough.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X