X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eating Too Much

As Salam Alaikum

It Is Evil!
    full stomatch, I think makes a person arrogant and unthankful.
    Nabi Muhammad (peace be upon him) Was A Shy Man And I Love Him

Re: Eating Too Much

Originally posted by Age View Post
    As Salam Alaikum

It Is Evil!
    But, an empty stomach provokes a person do more bad things. Eating too much aint bad, as long as we care for a hungry begger, after eating.

Comment

Its fine to indulge yourself once in a while
      and be thankful to Allah that you can do this.

But greed, thats a whole other thing.

Comment

As Salam Alaikum

It Is Evil!
        :eek3:
        Give me a clear vision, that I may know where to stand and what to stand for - because unless I stand for something, I will fall for anything.

Comment

It's sunnah to leave a third of your stomach with air. 1/3 for air, 1/3 for a drink, 1/3 for food.
          مَّن ذَا الَّذِي يُقْرِضُ اللّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا فَيُضَاعِفَهُ لَهُ أَضْعَافًا كَثِيرَةً وَاللّهُ يَقْبِضُ وَيَبْسُطُ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ

"Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan, which Allah will double unto his credit and multiply many times?
          It is Allah that giveth (you) Want or plenty, and to Him shall be your return."
          Surah al-Baqarah
          [2:245]

.:.
          .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
          Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

...said the spider to the fly...

Comment

Asalam Alaykum,

In Muslim and Bukhari: "The believer eats with one stomach while the kafir eats with seven stomachs." Meaning: The believer eats with the manners of Islam and in moderation, while the karif eats based on desires and gluttony and so he eats with seven stomachs.

Also: "Food for one is enough for two and food for two is enough for three and food for three is enough for four."

Also: From Aisha: The family of Muhammad (sas) never filled themselves with wheat bread three days in a row from the time he came to Madinah until he passed away."

On the authority of Al-Miqdaam ibn Maadiy-Karib who said: I heard the Messenger of Allah saying: "No human ever filled a vessel worse than the stomach. Sufficient for any son of Adam are some morsels to keep his back straight. But if it must be, then one third for his food, one third for his drink and one third for his breath."

Ahmad, At-Tirmidhi, An-Nasaa’I, Ibn Majah – Hadith sahih.
            Muslim Business Directory

Watch ALL Muslim TV Channels here:
            Al Jazeera Press TV Islam Channel Peace TV Al Huda
            http://theislamicummah.weebly.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Pippin1376 View Post
              It's sunnah to leave a third of your stomach with air. 1/3 for air, 1/3 for a drink, 1/3 for food.
              Just a question How would you know your stomach is one thrid full ... ? :)

Comment

Originally posted by adil786 View Post
                I guess when you stop feeling hungry, then you know you've eaten enough.
                مَّن ذَا الَّذِي يُقْرِضُ اللّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا فَيُضَاعِفَهُ لَهُ أَضْعَافًا كَثِيرَةً وَاللّهُ يَقْبِضُ وَيَبْسُطُ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ

"Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan, which Allah will double unto his credit and multiply many times?
                It is Allah that giveth (you) Want or plenty, and to Him shall be your return."
                Surah al-Baqarah
                [2:245]

.:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
                Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

...said the spider to the fly...

Comment

As Salam Alaikum

It Is Evil!
                  huh?
                  “Curiosity is the very basis of education and if you tell me that curiosity killed the cat, I say only the cat died nobly.”

Comment

Originally posted by Civilised View Post
                    Asalam Alaykum,

In Muslim and Bukhari: "The believer eats with one stomach while the kafir eats with seven stomachs." Meaning: The believer eats with the manners of Islam and in moderation, while the karif eats based on desires and gluttony and so he eats with seven stomachs.

Also: "Food for one is enough for two and food for two is enough for three and food for three is enough for four."

Also: From Aisha: The family of Muhammad (sas) never filled themselves with wheat bread three days in a row from the time he came to Madinah until he passed away."

On the authority of Al-Miqdaam ibn Maadiy-Karib who said: I heard the Messenger of Allah saying: "No human ever filled a vessel worse than the stomach. Sufficient for any son of Adam are some morsels to keep his back straight. But if it must be, then one third for his food, one third for his drink and one third for his breath."

Ahmad, At-Tirmidhi, An-Nasaa’I, Ibn Majah – Hadith sahih.
                    wow SUBHAN ALLAH.

Comment

Originally posted by layla tul qadr View Post
                      huh?
                      experience. why are we better muslims in ramadan?

Comment

take a deep breath, drink some water, then eat... there air, water, food... :up:
                        "There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path." - Morpheus, The Matrix. :hidban:

"It would not be reasonable in me if I did not serve Him Who created me, and to Whom ye shall (all) be brought back." Surah 36:22. Ya Sin (Yusuf Ali Translation)

Comment

Originally posted by adil786 View Post
                          I remember hearing how the prophet saw used to sit with his leg up/bent and the other underneath that leg so his body would have been leaning a bit to one side and and how doctors are now finding out that by sitting that way the food you eat goes to one side and when it fills up a third you feel full or something like that. Dont quote me on this, I heard this from my friend who is a doctor and studied digestion/stomach stuff.
                          Peace in Afghanistan, Bring back the Taliban!

Democracy and voting = KUFR

My blog

Comment

Originally posted by Umm Saalehah View Post
                            I remember hearing how the prophet saw used to sit with his leg up/bent and the other underneath that leg so his body would have been leaning a bit to one side and and how doctors are now finding out that by sitting that way the food you eat goes to one side and when it fills up a third you feel full or something like that. Dont quote me on this, I heard this from my friend who is a doctor and studied digestion/stomach stuff.
                            heard exactly the same thing :up: apparently its sunnah to eat that way when eating?
                            The enforcement of Muslim Brotherhood is the greatest social ideal of Islam. On it was based the Prophet's (SAW) sermon on his last pilgrimage, and Islam cannot be completely realized until this ideal is achieved. '
                            (Shaikh Maulana Muhammad Yusuf)
                            In Lam Takun Ghaadiban Annee Falaa Ubaalee...

Comment

makes sense, Ive also heard its good to drink water before you eat so you get full up quicker?

Comment

Working...
                              X