Moving to a muslim country and why so many choose not to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Moving to a muslim country and why so many choose not to

I would like to live somewhere warmer where I would never have to pay huge heating bills!

Comment

Originally posted by Sultan View Post
      I would like to live somewhere warmer where I would never have to pay huge heating bills!
      how much is your monthly heating bills this winter? lol sorry, Im just curious, does heater really consume that much gas/electric power?

Comment

Originally posted by Supernova Nebula View Post
        how much is your monthly heating bills this winter? lol sorry, Im just curious, does heater really consume that much gas/electric power?
        Yes. Almost as much as air conditioner. :)

Comment

Assalamu `alaykum,

I have a great example from a good friend of my brother:

This friend is a great brother, pious, etc. His father is from a more powerful family than his mother's. They got divorced over 10 years ago. They live in Pakistan.

These are some of the things my friend has had to endure:

a. His father "forged" the signature of the mother and stole all her property, which includes the house they lived in. All the attempts to correct this have been unsuccessful since:

1. His father usually "buys" the lawyers that my friend hires, so then the lawyer "forgets" to tell them about certain court dates, messes up their cases, etc.
          2. Some of the court records "misteriously" disappeared which were key in proving the forgery
          3. Family members trying to shoot him (not to kill him but just to hurt him) before court dates to "intimidate him".

Because his family has more influences, he has nowhere to go, no one to help him.

b. He was doing great at his job, and so the produced offered him to be on camera... but when my bro's friend said he wouldn't be willing to shave/shorten his beard, the offer was withdrawn (this in Pakistan!!)

c. He would fast during Ramadan and so his company would have a little "buffet" so people who had been fasting the whole day could go and break their fast... well.. by the time it was time to break the fast, he would go and the buffet would be empty because all the people that were not fasting would go and eat the food during the day!!

d. Only he and another brother were the only ones to attend taraweeh prayers. So he asked if some could switch the shifts so that they could go... everyone said no.

e. He got into trouble from going to taraweeh prayers once, although he did it during his break time

And... the list could go on... It's really sad but our countries are a mess...

Also me from first hand experience... my family has had a maid since before I was born. She's like one of us :) My mom hired her after she heard her cries from our home. Well.. the maid had been living with a family who made her work A LOT, they beat her and witheld food if they were upset with her work. Mistreatment of maids, for e.g. is a big problem there's now in Saudi :(

These past days, some of my bros friends wanted to organize a little "demonstration" to demand that the King speaks out and helps more with the situation in Gaza. By "demonstration" I mean that people got together to sign a letter to give to the King. Not Western-type demos which are almost unheard of in Saudi and I think would end up with everyone on jail!
          Still, some of these youth, who really didn't do anything, ended up being arrested. And in case you haven't heard... really bad things happen when you're arrested :(

So... of course I'm pointing out all the bad and don't think that there's no good because there's lots of good!!! BUT, we are indeed a mess and I can definitely undestand why some people wouldn't want to move.

May Allah swt guide our Ummah and lead it to success.

Comment

I'd be married and won't be allowed out and would probably have no University education if I was there at the moment.

Comment

Working...
            X