No announcement yet.

A 16 year old that needs you're advice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A 16 year old that needs you're advice.

Hello everyone :)

I dont really know how to begin so I'll just start anywhere. I love music, all kinds of music, from rock to techno and trance etc. I love horror movies, dont ask me why, and dont tell me they're sick and disgusting, because I know that -.- I dont like movies like SAW, those are vile. Anyway, I wear t-shirts as I live in Bahrain and the weather here gets SO hot. I'm fat and trying to lose wieght, so I look up 'thinspo' images and save them in my phone so that whenever I feel like eating something fatty I can look at the pictures and not. I dont like the bone-thinspo as they are just too sick. I save the normal looking girls. I cant stop eating sweets and candy because they are so good O.o and I dont pray. I do these things because it never seemed like it was a bad thing... I mean my parents always remind me to pray and I used to always say 'Inshallah' but never actually do it. I feel so guilty for lying to them and it's time to stop.

Thanks to the internet, I have begun to understand so many new things about Islam and my faith is so much stronger now. My mum isn't wearing a Hijab but she is a muslim and I think I'm going to wear Hijab when I'm 18, I know one should wear it as soon as you hit puberty but I've chosen to wear it when I'm 18, but the immediate changes are going to be that I'm going to start wearing long sleeved shirts, and I dont wear tight jeans or pants to start with but if I'm going to wear a skirt that reaches my knees, I'm going to wear tights under them, so my legs dont show. Music... I dont want to give it up... but If I have no other choice, like if its forbidden completely then I wont listen to music anymore. I'll delete my two thousand songs <=( oh and horror movies... *sigh* same, I'll stop watching them with my friends if they're completely forbidden. As for praying, I want to start, so can some one send me a link detailing 'how to pray'? These are just my main concerns. I've missed so many prayers and... Is there a way that I can make up for them? Please please please, any adivce would be grand, thank you.

I would also like to ask, how does one 'repent' how is it literaly done? I've done something sinful and I wish to repent for.
    THIS ACCOUNT IS CLOSED.

Re: A 16 year old that needs you're advice.

Aoudhubillahi minash shaithan nirrajeem
    :start:
    :salams:

Let Allah guide us all and keep us firm and steadfast on His deen and purify our souls for He is the best purifier and protect us from the uncontrolled heart and the soul that is not content. Let Allah turn our hearts towards His obedience and fill our hearts with light. Ameen ameen thumma Ya Rabbil alameen.

As far as repentance, you could read this article http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/books/23

Also insha allah you will have a good read on this which discusses about various forbidden acts among which listening to music is one.
    http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/books/10#49
    O you who believe! Do your duty to Allah and fear Him. Seek the means of approach to Him, and strive hard in His Cause as much as you can. So that you may be successful. (Al-Maeda, Chapter 5, Verse 35)
    Verily, man was created very impatient; irritable when evil touches him; and stingy when good touches him. Except those who are devoted to Salah. (70:19-22).

Comment

Originally posted by NeonAbsinthe View Post
      As for praying, I want to start, so can some one send me a link detailing 'how to pray'? These are just my main concerns. I've missed so many prayers and... Is there a way that I can make up for them? Please please please, any adivce would be grand, thank you.

I would also like to ask, how does one 'repent' how is it literaly done? I've done something sinful and I wish to repent for.

As salamu alaykum Ya Ukti firstly I ask allah swt to forgive us for our sins you, me and Ummat Muhammed (saw) Surely it is not to late my sister to repent Have you Forgot ?? Allah is Ar-rahman:inlove: Surely the children of adam (as)are sinners but the best of us are the ones whom repent As long as your heart is beating you still have a chance ,AL-GHAFUR

THE ALL-FORGIVING :up: Is allah swt so my sister repent with utter sincerity and wallahi tuma wallahi allah will not forsake you Allah is AL-'ADL THE JUST so simply repent simply repent and allah will give your right Allhamdilah we as muslims the deen has been handed to us but now a days i guess we gotta run with it , Islam is easy sister dont make it hard I ask allah swt to make you and myself amoung the righeous AllhuAmeen inshallah my sister stick to the path of the salaf and the haqq

:)Hold tight to your faith my sister may allah love you Ps.. About praying the difference between a muslim and a non-muslim is PRAYER so dont wait any longer get your salat on lock ..

Befriend allah swt .. Allah says if my slaves comes to me walking I came running SubhnAllah Start running sis ! Is not Allah Amazing?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaKb2...eature=related

The link is how to peform Wudu ( abolution ) and Salat ( Prayer) Secondly About Hijab I advice you my beloved Sister to not wait one more day or one more sec Put it on As soon as possible : once you put it on inshallah i pray its your Imaan boast that inshallah keeps you going .. Anyways sister if you have anything you would like to talk about Am here where not sister for nothing please email me .. dont double think :) ..
      It is reported from ‘Â`ishah – Allah be pleased with her – that she said:You will never meet Allah with anything better for you than having few sins. Whoever wants to surpass those who exert themselves in worship, let him stop himself from committing numerous sins.
      Ibn Al-Jawzî, Sifah Al-Safwah Vol.1 p319.

Comment

You can search on good: how to perform salah, etc. make sure its the most correct 1: http://www.islamicacademy.org/html/L...form_Namaz.htm, ways to repent: sincerely from your heart ask God, to forgive you for what you did: Salaatul Tasbeeh, Namaz Taubah, etc. look them up. Oh and sister, correct me if i'm wrong, but you said u were going to wear tights underneath short skirts? I don't mean to impose, but i suggest you wear full length skirts, because your legs and their shape, etc are still showing... no offense intended just helping. Also, for loosing weight, cheak the calories you eat, search on google how to manage calories, usually its 2500 calories per day i think, so stick to that, and inshAllah you will become healthy. 3 meals per day, no more no less, inbetween healthy snacks, lots and lots of water. Running, jogging, bench steps. You know the drill lol.. need any help just messge inshAllah i will try to help you.

Wassalam

Comment

Patience...

Comment

Originally posted by NeonAbsinthe View Post
            Hello everyone :)
            I'm fat and trying to lose wieght, so I look up 'thinspo' images and save them in my phone so that whenever I feel like eating something fatty I can look at the pictures and not. I dont like the bone-thinspo as they are just too sick. I save the normal looking girls. I cant stop eating sweets and candy because they are so good

Comment

You're all much too kind! Each and every one of you has helped me, thank you so much! InshAllah I leave these bad habits behind, your advice is very helpful. Sometimes I look at everyone else and I think... Am I the only one worrying about not waking up when I go to sleep? Am I the only one who is trying to make myself a better person? Because everyone else is too occupied with collecting music and having a boyfriend or a girlfriend or smoking or whatever. These are my friends... I used to smoke but then I thought about how much it would hurt my parents if they found out, I wasnt afraid of them finding out but I didnt want to hurt them and I had no trouble leaving that filthy habit. I didnt want to shorten my life either. It's going to be a bit hard to change, since I went through a 'religious' stage a few months back, and they still remind me of that time and make jokes about it. Although I do have to say, Even if its going to be a bit hard, I'm not going to care about what happens because they dont matter, no one matters in the end but my family and I.

Also, my mother is not wearing Hijab, but she is a muslim and does everything God asks. When I asked her why she wasnt wearing a Hijab, she told me its a persons choice to wear one or not. So I have to think things through about Hijab...

and also, make up... is eye-liner and lip gloss or lip blam (it softens and protects the lips giving it a soft shine, but not too big a shine like lip gloss) okay to put on? If I chose to wear Hijab when I'm 18 I mean... I would still have 2 years left.

Thank you.
              THIS ACCOUNT IS CLOSED.

Comment

Allah SWT commands found here.

Comment

Sister dont worry about whats happening around you and what other people are doing or not doing. Everyone will be accountable for their own actions on the day of judgement, as Allah swt has told us. Our familes, friends, wealth etc wont help us.
                  So just brush aside what your friends etc may say about you and try and find some friends who will help you rather than lead you astray and make fun of you.

Also i just wanted to point out we shouldnt automatically believe what people say about islam, eg what is halal and what is haraam. We must strive to research and look at the evidence in the quran and the sunnah and then decide in the light of that. Also even if someone tells you it says so and so in the quran or in a certain hadith we must try and check it out ourselves and make sure its authentic. We musnt blindly follow what we hear.

Make up is what a woman uses to adorn herself, and the quran says we should hide our adornment in front of non-mahrams. If your got dry chapped lips and your puting on lip balm for that reason and not to adorn yourself, then i believe that is okay inshaAllah.

All the best :]
                  Patience...

Comment

Working...
                  X