Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sour Cream Vs Yogurt: Making the perfect Biriyani

Originally posted by Ur sis in Islam View Post
    Nope I havnt tried it! To be honest in my view nothing can beat Lahorei biryani, no matter how good it is!:D
    I've tried lahori, it's tasteless when you compare it to hyderabadi biryani.

I'm sure your moms biryani rocks though :up:
    Last edited by $HugoBoss$; 11-01-09, 07:39 PM.
    Everyone thinks their a scholar because they know how to copy and paste, you get your ummah face on and the second you log out, you know your reality. Anyone can attain knowledge, how many can implement it?

Comment

Sour cream? never heard of that one before, where can i get some? inshAllah would like to try this next time i make biryani.

Comment

Originally posted by muslimah85 View Post
        at which stage do you use the yogurt people!
        When you put in the meat/chicken.
        You are not aware of the consequences that would result (if you were granted what you desire) because what you seek might be to your detriment. (O soul) be conscious that your Master is more aware about your well-being than you are.

~Ibn Al-Jawzee

Comment

Yogurt & Sour Cream in Biryaniiiiiiiiiiiii?????????????????
          Thats news! r u guys south indian...
          " The issue in palestine will not be solved by the United States or any western country. It's not going to be solved by Dan Six Pack or Sally Soccer mom! " Anwar Al-Awlaki

Comment

Thats the one thing I can make well ( probably the only thng :=) ) thanks to my darling mummy...Bless her and its Yoghurt each time.

To make it creamy like I tend to use the Greek Style yoghurt which is really creamy and add a little lemon to make it soury....

But I have substituted sour cream in a few other recipes, esp with chicken and it works well. But its a little too rich for my liking
            Last edited by Jenicca; 13-05-11, 09:18 PM.
            وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

if its biryani yoghurt is the best. for chicken dishes etc sour cream is better
              but biryani no contest, yoghurt. and like jeni said, greek style yoghurt is awesome :up:
              The enforcement of Muslim Brotherhood is the greatest social ideal of Islam. On it was based the Prophet's (SAW) sermon on his last pilgrimage, and Islam cannot be completely realized until this ideal is achieved. '
              (Shaikh Maulana Muhammad Yusuf)
              In Lam Takun Ghaadiban Annee Falaa Ubaalee...

Comment

Originally posted by $HugoBoss$ View Post
                Have you ever tried hyderabadi biryani????? It's the king of biryanis, nothing like it, nothing compares.
                I don't know why but all Hyderabadis tend to over-rate their Biryanis... :D

Comment

Never used yoghurt or cream IN the biryani? We have it seperate as something to add to your plate to eat with your biryani? :confused:
                  What does 'freedom' mean?

Does the eagle want to swim in the sea,
                  Restricted by the sky?

Does the fish want to dance on the wind,
                  Not enough river to explore?

Yet the sky is freedom for the bird
                  but death for the fish,

The sea is wide for the fish
                  but will engulf the bird.

We ask for freedom but freedom to do what?
                  We can only express our nature as it was created.

The prayer mat of the earth is freedom,
                  freedom from slavery to other than the One,
                  Who offers an shoreless ocean of love to swim in
                  and a horizon that extends to the next life,
                  Yet we chose the prison and call it freedom.

“All our handling of the child will bear fruit, not only at the moment, but in the adult they are destined to become.” Donate today! http://campaign.justgiving.com/chari...iyahschool2015

Comment

Originally posted by ze leetle elper View Post
                    Never used yoghurt or cream IN the biryani? We have it seperate as something to add to your plate to eat with your biryani? :confused:
                    ditto :scratch:
                    Knowledge and intelligence leads one who possesses it to do good acts and prevents him from evil.

Ignorance on the other hand, calls the one who is ignorant to conform to his desires, even if it is harmful to him.

Comment

Originally posted by muslimah85 View Post
                      ditto :scratch:
                      :salams
                      lol ..i assumed it was when marinating the meat? atleast thas the only time when we use yogurt,... n then yep making it separate to go on top (chas)
                      من صمت نجا

He who keeps silent saves himself (Tirmidhi, Ahmad).

Comment

Originally posted by ze leetle elper View Post
                        Even for normal rice (pilau) if you add yoghurt it makes the dish taste a whole lot better :up: For biryani though its usually a must - ive always added yoghurt when ive cooked it.
                        You are not aware of the consequences that would result (if you were granted what you desire) because what you seek might be to your detriment. (O soul) be conscious that your Master is more aware about your well-being than you are.

~Ibn Al-Jawzee

Comment

I dunnae know how to make biryani :p my aunt makes the best biryani on eid though :hidban:
                          *~* Learn Patience from Aasiyah (RA); Loyalty from Khadhija (RA); Sincerity from Aisha (RA) and Steadfastness from Fatima (RA).*~*

Comment

i wish i knew how to make biryani :(
                            http://www.deenulhuq.wordpress.com

Don't depend on anyone too much in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in darkness ~ibn taymiyyah

Comment

reading your guys post is a bit confusing, how do you guys make biryani? i marinate the meat or chicken beforehand and thats when i add the yoghurt, after which you layer up etc?
                              The enforcement of Muslim Brotherhood is the greatest social ideal of Islam. On it was based the Prophet's (SAW) sermon on his last pilgrimage, and Islam cannot be completely realized until this ideal is achieved. '
                              (Shaikh Maulana Muhammad Yusuf)
                              In Lam Takun Ghaadiban Annee Falaa Ubaalee...

Comment

I just made lamb biryani with sour cream, as I was out of yogurt, and it tasted exactly the same =)

Comment

Working...
                                X