Sour Cream Vs Yogurt: Making the perfect Biriyani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sour Cream Vs Yogurt: Making the perfect Biriyani

I used to use yogurt to make biryani. Today I used sour cream when for the first time when my yogurt was finished. I personally find the sour cream to give better taste and keep all the flavors. But people mostly prefer using yogurt. It is kind of complicated. Maybe I can conclude that yogurt is better for lamb while Sour cream is better for chicken. But I have not tried lamb Biriyani with Sour Cream
    Any Ideas?
    Sour Cream
    35.00%
    Yogurt
    65.00%
    Last edited by Metroid; 11-01-09, 04:34 AM.
    The number one reason you should adopt a black cat is because they are less likely to get adopted. I don't know the reason why

Re: Sour Cream Vs Yogurt: Making the perfect Biriyani

Never tried making Biryani using Sour Cream. Have always used yoghurt. Will try out one day, Insha Allah and then let you know . :D

Comment

yogurt has a 'cooling' effect, and helps in digestion, dat's why people used it with biryani cos the latter tend to be heaty and it gives a good balance for the body. not sure about sour cream. it's not about wat is nice to eat but what is good for the body...
      "There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path." - Morpheus, The Matrix. :hidban:

"It would not be reasonable in me if I did not serve Him Who created me, and to Whom ye shall (all) be brought back." Surah 36:22. Ya Sin (Yusuf Ali Translation)

Comment

i think yoghurt
        but i cnt make good biryani mine always comes out rubbish :( :( :(
        .: Rufaida :.
        .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
        http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
        “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
        but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
        ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
        <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

:salams

ummm, we've always used yogurt with both lamb and chicken..doubt that's likely to change :)
          من صمت نجا

He who keeps silent saves himself (Tirmidhi, Ahmad).

Comment

at which step do you use the yogurt?
            Knowledge and intelligence leads one who possesses it to do good acts and prevents him from evil.

Ignorance on the other hand, calls the one who is ignorant to conform to his desires, even if it is harmful to him.

Comment

Originally posted by .: Anna :. View Post
              i think yoghurt
              but i cnt make good biryani mine always comes out rubbish :( :( :(
              Cause you ain't desi Anna
              Everyone thinks their a scholar because they know how to copy and paste, you get your ummah face on and the second you log out, you know your reality. Anyone can attain knowledge, how many can implement it?

Comment

Sour milk is better! I normally make my chicken tikka with yogurt and last week i couldnt get any and so used sour milk- it came out much better!
                *~* Learn Patience from Aasiyah (RA); Loyalty from Khadhija (RA); Sincerity from Aisha (RA) and Steadfastness from Fatima (RA).*~*

Comment

Sour Cream...though I've never made Biryani before. I just like sour cream.
                  مَّن ذَا الَّذِي يُقْرِضُ اللّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا فَيُضَاعِفَهُ لَهُ أَضْعَافًا كَثِيرَةً وَاللّهُ يَقْبِضُ وَيَبْسُطُ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ

"Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan, which Allah will double unto his credit and multiply many times?
                  It is Allah that giveth (you) Want or plenty, and to Him shall be your return."
                  Surah al-Baqarah
                  [2:245]

.:.
                  .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
                  Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

.:.
                  ...said the spider to the fly...

Comment

mmmmm Biriyani:inlove:
                    My mum uses yogurt, tastes really good! My mum makes the best biryani:inlove:
                    ooo i miss my mum!:(
                    Smiling is Sadaqah! So SMILE :D

A woman of real beauty smiles in trouble, gathers strength through distress and grows brave by prayer...

Comment

Originally posted by Ur sis in Islam View Post
                      mmmmm Biriyani:inlove:
                      My mum uses yogurt, tastes really good! My mum makes the best biryani:inlove:
                      ooo i miss my mum!:(
                      R u hyderabadi????
                      Everyone thinks their a scholar because they know how to copy and paste, you get your ummah face on and the second you log out, you know your reality. Anyone can attain knowledge, how many can implement it?

Comment

Originally posted by $HugoBoss$ View Post
                        R u hyderabadi????
                        Nope im from Lahore

A woman of real beauty smiles in trouble, gathers strength through distress and grows brave by prayer...

Comment

Originally posted by Ur sis in Islam View Post
                          Nope im from Lahore
                          Have you ever tried hyderabadi biryani????? It's the king of biryanis, nothing like it, nothing compares.

Comment

at which stage do you use the yogurt people!
                            Knowledge and intelligence leads one who possesses it to do good acts and prevents him from evil.

Ignorance on the other hand, calls the one who is ignorant to conform to his desires, even if it is harmful to him.

Comment

Originally posted by $HugoBoss$ View Post
                              Have you ever tried hyderabadi biryani????? It's the king of biryanis, nothing like it, nothing compares.
                              Nope I havnt tried it! To be honest in my view nothing can beat Lahorei biryani, no matter how good it is!:D

Comment

Working...
                              X