Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boys/girls

Salaam,
    Brothers and sisters just like to express my opinion.
    Boys well when their born the whole family rejoyces and celebrates whereas when girls are born it's tend to kept in the family. The only time a girl gets attention is when it's her age to get married.
    It's kinda weird the way they get treated differently i mean it is the woman that becomes a mother and has Janna under her feet. Whereas the man only carries the key, if theirs no women theres's no man:D
    Please Re-update your Signature

i have to agree with u there muslim sister

Comment

wa alaikum salaam,

Actually I have to disagree. I have a little boy mashaallah but if I had a girl both my husband and I would be equally as pleased. And all the sisters I know are the same. Perhaps your opinion has been formed from the cultural practises you have witnessed. I know that in some cultures a boy is looked upon more favourably but certainly this is not the case in islam. As we know from the hadith which states that the man who raises two daughters and educates them, he will be granted a place in jannah. Bukhari.

Comment

your not like most parents are you?

Comment

Parents who are following quran and sunnah should not be like this.

Comment

i dnt understand y ppl r like this...they shud Thank Allah tht at least they have children..there r many couples out there who cant

re muslim sis

it varies from family 2 family..unfortunately there r stil quite alot of families out there that this have kind of thinking regarding their children...all i can say is...hope they finally c that it doesnt matter what sex ur child is..just Thank Allah u have 1

u need both sexes 2 have a kid..male and female..after all men cnt concieve and women cnt become pregnant on their own! 'takes 2 tango' as the saying goes...

Ws
            You are not aware of the consequences that would result (if you were granted what you desire) because what you seek might be to your detriment. (O soul) be conscious that your Master is more aware about your well-being than you are.

~Ibn Al-Jawzee

Comment

Muslim sister, why did you write that, as far as I know me and you have the coolest parents in town especially as they put up with our nonsense demands, huh. :D

Comment

Some ppl can't benifit from us lots parent's can they I mean look at my next door neighbours she has 5 girls mashaallah and they work continusely for there brother who is 2 years Younger than them.

Comment

Assalamualykum Young Sister

(nice to see some more northerners in here..)

I agree with you...I guess its a cultural thing more than anything...the boy goes out and makes money for the family, while the girl stays at home and "just" cleans. If parents prefer one over the other, it says more about them than anything else.

I think as times change, people will begin to accept that boys AND girls are equal. After all, Muhammad SAW always told us that :)

Wasalams
                  Free Radical
                  0->

(PS> Muslims youth and Sis = siblings...?)

Comment

True if we try we can change it.

Comment

Working...
                    X