X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indulgence, Fulfillment, Emptiness...

Salaam brothers and sisters,

I was just thinking about something. :o

Why is that some people can indulge themselves in the dunyah, lose themselves in it and feel a sense of fulfillment and be happy all the time when for others indulgence in the life of this world only leaves you to feel more and more empty?

There have been times when I have indulged in this life and felt great but recently when I have done so I have just felt a great emptiness. :(

And some people always feel empty when they indulge and others always seem to indulge and never remember Allah and they seem happy and fulfilled like they only have good things to do and look forward to.

What's up with that? :scratch:
    Allah will ask on the Day of Judgment: “Where are those who loved each other for the sake of My glory? Today, on a day when there is no shade but Mine, I shall shade them with My shade.”(Muslim)

"Zendagi Migzara..."

Re: Indulgence, Fulfillment, Emptiness...

interesting observation....

well according to my opinion, people who indulge themselves in this world and seem to be happy all the time may think this world is everything. they live in the here and now, taking a hedonistic viewpoint.

and for those who indulge in this world but just feel more and more empty, perhaps they feel they are lacking something deep down inside but not sure yet.

its just my opinion

Comment

i agree.
      when people over indulge in this dunyaa its because they regard it as their home and are startin to forget about the akhira...
      the reason they keep over indulging is because no matter what they have it never fulfulls them but little do they realise that even with everything in this dunya at the palm of their hands the son of adam will never be content. its just our nature. one can only truly be fulfilled when striving for akhirah and increasing in eeman. a reward that is truly enjoyed and appreciated is a reward that was worked for.
      :D
      The Prophet (Sal Allaahu Alaiyhi wa Sallam) said:
      'Take advantage of five things before five other things: from your youth before your old age, your health before your sickness, your richness before your poverty, your free time before you become occupied, and from your life before your death.' (al-Haakim--Saheeh)
      seeking piety...

Comment

well, how do you know that they are happy? People act contrary to what they feel all the time.
        Salam! :)

Comment

Maybe those who can indulge and be happy have gone astray?

And those who look for for more and more but keep feeling empty; maybe they are those who have the "yearning of the heart" where they are yearning for true fulfilment that can't be found in the dunyah but only with Allah?

But I think that honestly, everyone has that yearning because no matter what you achieve in this dunyah man can never be content with his lot.
          Allah will ask on the Day of Judgment: “Where are those who loved each other for the sake of My glory? Today, on a day when there is no shade but Mine, I shall shade them with My shade.”(Muslim)

"Zendagi Migzara..."

Comment

Working...
          X