Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Underweight

:salams:

OK brothers and sisters, this thread is where you all kindly give your REASONABLE recommendations regarding putting weight on. Please ensure recommendations are reasonable and nothing like- eat 5 meals a day lol, because that's not realistic- I just about have one or two meals a day, but I'm trying to work on that.

So, any tips on how to put weight on? Please?

Anyone else underweight can also benefit :insha:

:jkk:
    قال بعض السلف :
    خلق الله الملائكة عقولاً بلا شهوة ، وخلق البهائم شهوة بلا عقول، وخلق ابن آدم وركب فيه العقل والشهوة ، فمن غلب عقله شهوته التحق بالملائكة ، ومن غلبت شهوته عقله التحق بالبهائم .

http://saaid.net/

Re: Underweight

getting married puts weight on if thats reasonable enough
    الصلوۃ والسلام علیک یا سیدی یارسول اللہ

Comment

Originally posted by Kas1m View Post
      getting married puts weight on if thats reasonable enough
      lol- Is that a fact?
      قال بعض السلف :
      خلق الله الملائكة عقولاً بلا شهوة ، وخلق البهائم شهوة بلا عقول، وخلق ابن آدم وركب فيه العقل والشهوة ، فمن غلب عقله شهوته التحق بالملائكة ، ومن غلبت شهوته عقله التحق بالبهائم .

Comment

Originally posted by fisabilillah View Post
        lol- Is that a fact?
        Yes a reality. Done and approved.
        Other than that you can drink water. Ive never been underweight actually i think

Comment

Yes a reality. Done and approved.
          Other than that you can drink water. Ive never been underweight actually i think
          Hmm, OK- That's later lol, but now?

Water just makes you bloated, doesn't it? :S
          قال بعض السلف :

Comment

Hmm, OK- That's later lol, but now?

Water just makes you bloated, doesn't it? :S
            i dont know...whats your problem?

dont want to eat?

cant eat?

cant feel hungry?

can you sleep hungry?

Comment

i dont know...whats your problem?

dont want to eat?

cant eat?

cant feel hungry?

can you sleep hungry?

I can't sleep hungry- Usually.

I think the problem started when I didn't have the time to eat. Like I'd leave home without having breakfast, go to uni- Have a full on four hour block of lectures and then get to work etc. I need to put weight on I'm not a big eater either-food isn't really my thing- unfortunately.
              قال بعض السلف :

Comment

if I dont eat for a bit longer i simply get headache cuz of hunger... i then simply realise that the headache is cuz i havent eaten...so once i eat am alright...

i wont be able to work if i dont eat properly or for longer time... cuz of headache etc... but if i dont eat for awhile i feel hungry...then it dies... so when hunger dies... its like u jus cant eat... u feel hungry but when u sit to eat... u jus cant eat... u feel like u will have to force urself to eat... thats my usual problem... so before i get really hungry i sometimes try to eat...

now a days i have been frequently eating different variety of fried rice... i know the idea of 'fried" itself is kind of makes u worry..cuz it reminds of oily stuff... i wanted to ask those guys today to put min oil...even tho it feels like they put min... but still i wanted to tell them to put further less oil... dunno if they can do it... so it jus worries bout the effect of eating oily stuff like fried rice etc in the long run
                لا أريد مِنْكُمْ جَزَاء وَلا شُكُورًا

Comment

I can't sleep hungry- Usually.

I think the problem started when I didn't have the time to eat. Like I'd leave home without having breakfast, go to uni- Have a full on four hour block of lectures and then get to work etc. I need to put weight on I'm not a big eater either-food isn't really my thing- unfortunately.
                  before my marriage i used to go to work at 7 in the morning without any breakfast and can live upto 5 in the evening on drinking water...get the bus at 5 and have a meal at 6. i think thats quite normal

Comment

man... my work requires using brains... its not any physical work at all... and when ur hungry u cant simply work if u have a job like mine cuz u cant use ur brain when hungry :s
                    لا أريد مِنْكُمْ جَزَاء وَلا شُكُورًا

Comment

Originally posted by truepath View Post
                      if I dont eat for a bit longer i simply get headache cuz of hunger... i then simply realise that the headache is cuz i havent eaten...so once i eat am alright...

i wont be able to work if i dont eat properly or for longer time... cuz of headache etc... but if i dont eat for awhile i feel hungry...then it dies... so when hunger dies... its like u jus cant eat... u feel hungry but when u sit to eat... u jus cant eat... u feel like u will have to force urself to eat... thats my usual problem... so before i get really hungry i sometimes try to eat...

now a days i have been frequently eating different variety of fried rice... i know the idea of 'fried" itself is kind of makes u worry..cuz it reminds of oily stuff... i wanted to ask those guys today to put min oil...even tho it feels like they put min... but still i wanted to tell them to put further less oil... dunno if they can do it... so it jus worries bout the effect of eating oily stuff like fried rice etc in the long run

Yes, that's exactly what happens to me- the only difference is, once I've got my hunger headache, it stays with me until the next day- I usually try and put up with the headache, but sometimes it gets too bad.

Fried rice sounds nice, I like the chinee egg fried rice :inlove: though you shouldn't be eating fried food too often, because of cholestrol- so I'd be abit more careful True :)
                      قال بعض السلف :

Comment

Originally posted by truepath View Post
                        man... my work requires using brains... its not any physical work at all... and when ur hungry u cant simply work if u have a job like mine cuz u cant use ur brain when hungry :s
                        yeah you are quite right...

Comment

before my marriage i used to go to work at 7 in the morning without any breakfast and can live upto 5 in the evening on drinking water...get the bus at 5 and have a meal at 6. i think thats quite normal
                          That's more or less what I do now- So how did you keep your weight up, and what changed after marriage? Your wifey feeding you? :p awwww.
                          قال بعض السلف :

Comment

Good thread! Every summer I ruin my weight and it takes me three months to recover. The thing that I *think* works for me is eating lots of nuts, because you can binge on them even when you're working.

Get yourself a massive pack of walnuts, cashew nuts, pistachios, almonds, chestnuts, brazil nuts...whatever. And munch on them while you're working. They're healthy too! (Provided you don't have a heart condition and don't want to lose weight. The fat they have is good fat, not the evil stuff - just don't eat the salted/roasted stuff - or roast it yourself).

http://www.health24.com/dietnfood/He...-18-21-638.asp

Don't go for the other method I use when I can't be bothered, which is just chocolate and fatty stuff. It works for me, but it'll kill most people :p
                            ...sermons from this minbar come with tongue planted quite firmly in cheek.

"Let your boat of life be light, packed with only what you need -
                            a homely home and simple pleasures, one or two friends,
                            worth the name, someone to love and someone to love you,
                            a cat, a dog, and a pipe or two, enough to eat and enough to wear,
                            and a little more than enough to drink; for thirst is a dangerous thing."

-- Jerome K. Jerome
                            (Three Men in a Boat)

Comment

I dunno if I'm underweight or not but I do know that chocolate is ace.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X