X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boosting Self-Esteem - Top 10 Tips

:salams

Self-Esteem

Feeling good about yourself is an important part of your general well-being. Self-esteem is based upon how we as individuals view ourselves. People with low self-esteem are often withdrawn, anxious and depressed. They often lean towards the pessimistic side of life and tend to have a negative viewpoint regarding their own self-worth and capabilities. Those suffering from low self-esteem generally have less consideration for their own wellness and don’t care as much how they treat their own bodies. For example; they may smoke heavily or continually survive on crash dieting leading to poor nutrition levels and other health-related problems.
    On the other hand, people with high self-esteem tend to be optimistic, energetic, thriving and full of confidence. They care about their ‘self-image’ and go out of their way to maintain a high standard of well-being. Most important of all, they focus on their strengths and go out of their way to do the things they really love in life. Achieving satisfaction is an important factor to consider in the life analysis process.

Life Coaching will guide you through building your self-esteem by allowing your mind to think more positively. Self-esteem sessions are based on a series of assessments. It is important to remember that everybody is different. Therefore by taking small steps towards change you are allowing yourself the opportunity to impact your lifestyle in positive ways.

Boosting Self-Esteem - Top 10 Tips

1. Don't forget to smile! Smiling creates positive energy.
    2. The power of positive thinking. Do not put yourself down. The sub conscious mind is our most powerful tool and we have total control of it. Remember, you are you what you think.
    3. Stay focused on the important things. Remember we all have our limitations. Try not to compare yourself to other people and focus on your strengths and not your weaknesses.
    4. Choose your friends. Drop the negative friends. If your friends are constantly negative, it will eventually rub off on you. Try to be around positive and happy people.
    5. Unconditional love and support. Give those you care about your unconditional love. In turn you will receive the same back and feel supported in your choices.
    6. Try something new! Take up a new activity, something you have always wanted to do but just haven't quite got around to doing yet. This is a great way to make new friends and channel your energies into something that makes you feel good about yourself.
    7. Learn to listen. It's important to listen to others and respect their opinions without passing judgement, even if those opinions are different to your own set of values and beliefs.
    8. Do what you love. It is easy to get stuck in a rut. Why do something that makes you miserable and unhappy? Do the things you love and enjoy. Whether it be a job, an activity or a relationship - make sure it's something that makes you feel good.
    9. Take a compliment! Sometimes it's hard to accept a compliment. Remember to respect other people's opinions. If they see something good about you, maybe you should too.
    10. Help other people. There is nothing more rewarding than offering a helping hand. It doesn't have to cost money, all it takes is a small amount of your time. Take up charity work for a few hours a week, help your neighbours from time to time and make a point of stopping and talking to elderly people - remember they have a world of wisdom to offer you. Being 'selfless' is one of the best qualities you can develop in life.

Source :up:
    Last edited by Ibrahim70; 21-12-08, 06:57 PM.
    “Allah does not place a burden upon a person except that which he is capable” (Al-Baqarah: 286)

Re: Boosting Self-Esteem - Top 10 Tips

:wswrwb:
    Originally posted by Ibrahim70 View Post
    1. Don't forget to smile! Smiling creates positive energy.
    :D
    It is narrated on the authority of Jabir that he heard the (Holy Prophet)[:saw:] say: A Muslim is he from whose hand and tongue the Muslims are safe.
    -Muslim

Comment

Number 1 Tip -

Get a Wife :p jst kiddin ibrahim

Comment

Originally posted by Redmist View Post
        Number 1 Tip -

Get a Wife :p jst kiddin ibrahim
        “Allah does not place a burden upon a person except that which he is capable” (Al-Baqarah: 286)

Comment

lol.......but a very big BUT bro..........

U knw its true. A bit of attention from a girl makes me go Crazzyyy.

Like this afternoon i was chatting to this Hijabi in Comet and we were talking like for a good 20 mins, she was a sal;es rep there

and it Boosted me up! Before that i was feeling as active as a Lemon :p

Comment

Like this afternoon i was chatting to this Hijabi in Comet and we were talking like for a good 20 mins, she was a sal;es rep there

Hey lets not go off topic Bro.................we can chat about this in the Brothers Section................but yea I know what you mean though ;)

Comment

Hey lets not go off topic Bro.................we can chat about this in the Brothers Section................but yea I know what you mean though ;)
              Ok...cool. Laterz..

Comment

LOL...bless!!
                ''You can't separate peace from freedom because no one can be at peace without freedom''- MalcolmX
                www.feesabilillah.com
                www.freefilistin.com
                www.freesheeshan.com

Comment

Originally posted by Amaara View Post
                  LOL...bless!!
                  Yea bless....

I nearly bought a laptop cuz of that hijabi

The power of women, make a man turn to sludge :p

Comment

Working...