• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noorksa
    replied
    Re: Ladies-what to wear in snow

Assalamu `alaykum,

In Saudi we have no winter problems :)

But since I'm not in Saudi now... :( this is what I do.

I don't like layers because here all places have heating. So if I put layers then I either have to have heat-stroke all take lots of layers out that then I have to carry!

So for being in town I just wear a t-shirt and pants, then abaya, and then a sweater and then a long down coat. It's fairly long, hitting just above my ankles. Also I wear long boots so in case the end of the abaya gets wet, my legs don't get cold.

I wear my headscarf tucked inside the coat but outside the abaya.

Now if I have to be outside, or if I go for walks in the forest/snow then I usually wear an abaya that's not that long, probably calf length and vey loose snow pants.

Leave a comment:

• .: Anna :.
    replied

rouz i told u abt the sis forum access requirements etc before right? cos i think ur post count is okay and i feel uv been here ages so u shud come in!!
    check ur rep ;)

Leave a comment:

• Rouz
    replied

Originally posted by Umm Iman View Post
    Sisters would it not be better to dicuss this in the sisters section? Allahu Alam.
    i dont have access

Leave a comment:

• Rouz
    replied

Originally posted by Jilbabi View Post
    inside but it really depends on the coat you are wearing

some look funny with your hijab in, looks hunch back?

but wotever the case YOUR WARM!

i wear layers.. leginings (funny as it may sound...its the best bit of a winter outfit thats for sure) .. jeans!...jumpers..thick hijab!...gloves..your coat..thick socks and boots
    This made me laugh out loud! Cos thats what i mean. I feel odd wearing it in, when i take my coat off my scarves all creased and horrible.

Originally posted by .: Anna :. View Post
    ok i wil b the only person to say out :p
    depends on the scarf, because big/long scarfs if u put them in ur coat r gna look hunch back like jilbab said... the fabric will all bunch undeath? and if the scarf is on the top n covers most of the coat then its more covering/modest, if u put coat over the scarf its more fitted & can see more body shape, so i think out is best?
    but if u dno wats better just try both ways & see
    i am still resisting wearing a coat tho... if it gets much colder i wil have to :(
    yes i agree totally with you

Leave a comment:

• *hijab*
    replied

Originally posted by Rouz View Post
    Do you girlies keep your headscarf tucked in or outside your coat?
    errr luks like im the only one tht keeps it out! *eek*

its annoying in; and plus your shape still mite show somehow

Leave a comment:

replied

the thread starter dsnt have access

Leave a comment:

• Umm Iman
    replied

Sisters would it not be better to dicuss this in the sisters section? Allahu Alam.

Leave a comment:

replied

wel it doesnt really show any shape, cos like i said i put the scarf outside n it pretty much covers most of coat if i do wear it. yeah those r better tho :up:

Leave a comment:

• wisewoman
    replied

I don't mean to offend anyone but sometimes I feel like this post .......it should have been more like " ladies-what to wear in the sun" because
    you feel like so hot in the summer, feel like taking it off . it gets too hot here in the summer...but i still wear hijab because it is so modest. the westerners go around wearing next to nothing...

Leave a comment:

• mizfissy815
    replied

Originally posted by .: Anna :. View Post
    depends on the scarf, because big/long scarfs if u put them in ur coat r gna look hunch back like jilbab said... the fabric will all bunch undeath? and if the scarf is on the top n covers most of the coat then its more covering/modest, if u put coat over the scarf its more fitted & can see more body shape, so i think out is best?
    i am still resisting wearing a coat tho... if it gets much colder i wil have to :(
    Because it's shape-forming?
    If that is the reason sis, you might want to invest in these ...they're long enough to cover the coat (where it on top) and you don't have to freeze! ;) It's really cold as it is, and I don't know how you can survive...you're going to get ill.

Leave a comment:

replied

Leave a comment:

• Jilbabi
    replied

inside but it really depends on the coat you are wearing

some look funny with your hijab in, looks hunch back?

but wotever the case YOUR WARM!

i wear layers.. leginings (funny as it may sound...its the best bit of a winter outfit thats for sure) .. jeans!...jumpers..thick hijab!...gloves..your coat..thick socks and boots

Leave a comment:

• GuCcI
    replied

omggg IN!!!

if its out, the wind can blow it up in the air from the back eh... and also its warmer if u keep it in :p

Leave a comment:

• Safiyyah89
    replied

in

Leave a comment:

• *Al-Qadr*
    replied

In :scratch:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X