Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ladies-what to wear in snow

Originally posted by Rouz View Post
    Do you girlies keep your headscarf tucked in or outside your coat?
    in
    ‎"when she is a daughter, she opens a door of jannah for her father. when she is a wife, she completes half of the deen of her husband. when she is a mother, Jannah lies under her feet. If everyone knew the status of a muslim women in islam, even men would want to be women." Sheikh Akram Nadawi

Comment

omggg IN!!!

if its out, the wind can blow it up in the air from the back eh... and also its warmer if u keep it in :p
      Screaming, But Will Never Be Heard

Comment

inside but it really depends on the coat you are wearing

some look funny with your hijab in, looks hunch back?

but wotever the case YOUR WARM!

i wear layers.. leginings (funny as it may sound...its the best bit of a winter outfit thats for sure) .. jeans!...jumpers..thick hijab!...gloves..your coat..thick socks and boots
        "Do they not see the birds above them, spreading out their wings and folding them in? None upholds them except the Most Gracious. Verily, He is the All-Seer of everything" ..Surah Mulk..

Comment

ok i wil b the only person to say out :p
          depends on the scarf, because big/long scarfs if u put them in ur coat r gna look hunch back like jilbab said... the fabric will all bunch undeath? and if the scarf is on the top n covers most of the coat then its more covering/modest, if u put coat over the scarf its more fitted & can see more body shape, so i think out is best?
          but if u dno wats better just try both ways & see
          i am still resisting wearing a coat tho... if it gets much colder i wil have to :(
          .: Rufaida :.
          .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
          http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
          “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
          but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
          ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
          <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Originally posted by .: Anna :. View Post
            depends on the scarf, because big/long scarfs if u put them in ur coat r gna look hunch back like jilbab said... the fabric will all bunch undeath? and if the scarf is on the top n covers most of the coat then its more covering/modest, if u put coat over the scarf its more fitted & can see more body shape, so i think out is best?
            i am still resisting wearing a coat tho... if it gets much colder i wil have to :(
            Because it's shape-forming?
            If that is the reason sis, you might want to invest in these ...they're long enough to cover the coat (where it on top) and you don't have to freeze! ;) It's really cold as it is, and I don't know how you can survive...you're going to get ill.
            "The discovery of truth is prevented more effectively, not by the false appearance of things present and which mislead into error, not directly by weakness of the reasoning powers, but by preconceived notions, opinion, and by prejudice." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

I don't mean to offend anyone but sometimes I feel like this post .......it should have been more like " ladies-what to wear in the sun" because
              you feel like so hot in the summer, feel like taking it off . it gets too hot here in the summer...but i still wear hijab because it is so modest. the westerners go around wearing next to nothing...

Comment

wel it doesnt really show any shape, cos like i said i put the scarf outside n it pretty much covers most of coat if i do wear it. yeah those r better tho :up:
                ~ Ibn Atallah

<button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Sisters would it not be better to dicuss this in the sisters section? Allahu Alam.

Comment

the thread starter dsnt have access
                    ~ Ibn Atallah

Comment

errr luks like im the only one tht keeps it out! *eek*

its annoying in; and plus your shape still mite show somehow
                      check out this blog>>>http://myworldmuslimah.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Jilbabi View Post
                        inside but it really depends on the coat you are wearing

some look funny with your hijab in, looks hunch back?

but wotever the case YOUR WARM!

i wear layers.. leginings (funny as it may sound...its the best bit of a winter outfit thats for sure) .. jeans!...jumpers..thick hijab!...gloves..your coat..thick socks and boots
                        This made me laugh out loud! Cos thats what i mean. I feel odd wearing it in, when i take my coat off my scarves all creased and horrible.

Originally posted by .: Anna :. View Post
                        yes i agree totally with you
                        Patience...

Comment

Originally posted by Umm Iman View Post
                          Sisters would it not be better to dicuss this in the sisters section? Allahu Alam.
                          i dont have access
                          Patience...

Comment

rouz i told u abt the sis forum access requirements etc before right? cos i think ur post count is okay and i feel uv been here ages so u shud come in!!
                            check ur rep ;)
                            ~ Ibn Atallah

Comment

Assalamu `alaykum,

In Saudi we have no winter problems :)

But since I'm not in Saudi now... :( this is what I do.

I don't like layers because here all places have heating. So if I put layers then I either have to have heat-stroke all take lots of layers out that then I have to carry!

So for being in town I just wear a t-shirt and pants, then abaya, and then a sweater and then a long down coat. It's fairly long, hitting just above my ankles. Also I wear long boots so in case the end of the abaya gets wet, my legs don't get cold.

I wear my headscarf tucked inside the coat but outside the abaya.

Now if I have to be outside, or if I go for walks in the forest/snow then I usually wear an abaya that's not that long, probably calf length and vey loose snow pants.

Comment

Working...
                              X