Clear All

• Ladies-what to wear in snow

what do you wear when going for a walk in the snow/winter
    How long is your jacket or coat?
    what kind of panths?
    what kind of boots/shoes.

What stores can i find them?

Re: Ladies-what to wear in snow

I wear my regular runners. A toque. A scarf. Gloves. A winter jacket - that's pretty essential, though it's annoying, because it's the one with feathers inside it. My clothes always end up with feathers because of it.
    مَّن ذَا الَّذِي يُقْرِضُ اللّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا فَيُضَاعِفَهُ لَهُ أَضْعَافًا كَثِيرَةً وَاللّهُ يَقْبِضُ وَيَبْسُطُ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ

"Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan, which Allah will double unto his credit and multiply many times?
    It is Allah that giveth (you) Want or plenty, and to Him shall be your return."
    Surah al-Baqarah
    [2:245]

.:.
    .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
    Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

.:.
    ...said the spider to the fly...

Comment

ughh ive destroyed soo many abayas cuz the snow makes them wet up to like a few inches and by spring the fibres get weak and it rips at the bottom and out it goes so fed up.

wear a knee length coat. :love: i dont wear a 'jacket' lol... last time i wore a jacket i was like 14 or 15 :p
      Screaming, But Will Never Be Heard

Comment

the trick to staying warm in the winter is to either wear synthetic fleeces like polypropelene fleece(made from recycled pop bottles) or wool. Both will keep you warm even if they get wet
        I took the road less traveled...where the heck am I? :scratch:

Comment

thermal under clothes, jumpers etc. trousers tucked into knee high leather boots ( so when ur jilbab gets wet from the snow, ur legs wont get cold when the wet abaya sticks to ur legs as u walk )abaya of top of all that and a shin length coat.
          "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

i layer as much as i can under the jilbab, it too cold in toronto

and my jacket is fairly long, up to my knees and then boots:up:

ohh and dont forget the gloves and scarf, cant walk without that either
            ‎"when she is a daughter, she opens a door of jannah for her father. when she is a wife, she completes half of the deen of her husband. when she is a mother, Jannah lies under her feet. If everyone knew the status of a muslim women in islam, even men would want to be women." Sheikh Akram Nadawi

Comment

=o

I wear my normal clothes under my jilbab... and then shoosies, and that's it. I feel like I look too fat with loads of layers.... >_> And my jacket looks daaaaft on the abayah/jilbab so.. I just hold it.. Yeah I get cold, but.. =o *shrugs* =P

Comment

what do you wear when going for a walk in the snow/winter

How long is your jacket or coat? over the knees :p

what kind of panths? jeans
                أشهد أن لا إله إلاَّ الله و أشهد أن محمد رسول الله

Comment

I find lots of thin layers keeps me warmer than one or two big ones under my abaya. So i like wearing like long sleeved top, then a short sleeved/no sleeves one on top, then a thin cardigan.

The north of england is waay colder than the south, i was in the south this weekend and i went out with just an abaya and it was fine. up in the north i would freeze if i did that. you wear coats and gloves from like september all the way to march its crazy!
                  Patience...

Comment

Depends how cold I am - the other day I went out and just put abaya over what I was wearing, which happened to be jeans and a hoodie, so I looked pretty strange with all that and my coat on top lol

When it snows layers are a good idea :up: 2/3 minimum - and gloves (pink furry ones :D) and have your hood up over your nice warm pashmina hijab
                    The kitchen's a laboratory, and everything that happens there has to do with Science. It's Biology, Chemistry, Physics. Yes, there's History. Yes, there's Artistry. Yes, to all of that... but what happened there, what actually happens to the food is all Science :banan:

Comment

wear your normal jilbab/or one with thick material

jumpers, gloves and boots; not forgettting your coat!
                      check out this blog>>>http://myworldmuslimah.wordpress.com/

Comment

Snow? I handled that one well.

I moved to a snow-free climate. :)

Comment

I wear black walking boots when I'm out and I don't remember having problems with the jilbab getting wet (maybe I've not been around THAT MUCH snow). I wear good fairly thick cotton socks as I found that woolen socks weren't any good. Underneath I wear leggings cos' if I wear anything more loose or flaired at the bottom, the frosty wind seems to blow right up my legs and make me really cold. I have a wonderful wool and cashmere blend black coat which goes all the way down to my shins and when I wrap that around me I can usually hardly even feel the cold- it's like having a blanket or duvet around me and it's not too bad in wet weather cos' it's teflon coated:inlove: I always wear gloves in the winter and usually have a scarf around my neck but over my head I tend to just wear a cotton scarf cos' the skin on my ears is too sensitive for synthetic or warmer fabrics but cotton scarves haven't been a problem alhamdulilah.
                          The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Do you girlies keep your headscarf tucked in or outside your coat?
                            Patience...

Comment

Originally posted by Rouz View Post
                              Do you girlies keep your headscarf tucked in or outside your coat?
                              In :scratch:

A3udhu billahis samii'ilAlimi minash-shaytanirrajim

Comment

Working...
                              X