Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What should I wear to my friend's Walima?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What should I wear to my friend's Walima?

Originally posted by *hijab* View Post
    thowb or salwar kameez

nice and simple
    yepp, simple and perfect for walimahs:up:
    ‎"when she is a daughter, she opens a door of jannah for her father. when she is a wife, she completes half of the deen of her husband. when she is a mother, Jannah lies under her feet. If everyone knew the status of a muslim women in islam, even men would want to be women." Sheikh Akram Nadawi

Comment

trust if u go in a thobe, ALL EYES will be on you, question is, do you want that.

Comment

i attended my cousin's walima yesterday... i didnt give a second thought bout what I wanna wear.

Just a regular shirt (which is new) i got to wear for office and trousers (pants in US lango).

lol dont worry too much.. its the groom that shud worry what he shud be wearing... others can wear whatever they like... no one wud notice that much
        لا أريد مِنْكُمْ جَزَاء وَلا شُكُورًا

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfn View Post
          Apparently, he's from Palestine, but on facebook it says he has relatives from Jordan.
          In this case, wear trousers, shirt and keep it smart. If they are either Palestinian or Jordanian, they will most likely be suited and booted.
          ربِ إشرح لي صدري ويسر لي أمري

Comment

Salaams. My friend's Walima is this Saturday and I've been invited to go. I've never been to one of these before. What should I wear? Also, do I need to bring a present or something?

Your ninja suit, obviously.
            ''....And from the best ways of dealing with the ignorant is to ignore and avoid them. This is because if you debate with them, they beat you, and if you beat them they will end up hating you, and will not admit you are correct. Therefore ignore them''

Comment

Originally posted by stogie View Post
              your ninja suit, obviously.
              rofl!
              Soon shall We cast terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers, for that they joined companions with Allah, for which He had sent no authority: their abode will be the Fire: And evil is the home of the wrong-doers. - 3.151

Comment

Wear your thawb or shalwar kameez. It is a good opportunity for you, as you said you'd like to start wearing it MashaALLAH. Take this a pilot opportunity and get a feel for them inshaALLAH.
                "Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes"

Comment

Originally posted by Stogie View Post
                  Your ninja suit, obviously.

I retired from being a Ninja. Apparently, my old job isn't rehiring me because of the Ninja-ness, so I'm retired from Ninja.

Originally posted by RashidD View Post
                  Wear your thawb or shalwar kameez. It is a good opportunity for you, as you said you'd like to start wearing it MashaALLAH. Take this a pilot opportunity and get a feel for them inshaALLAH.

I would like to. I'll bring it in the car and if other people wear one, I'll change into it.
                  Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up do we realize something was actually strange.

Comment

I retired from being a Ninja. Apparently, my old job isn't rehiring me because of the Ninja-ness, so I'm retired from Ninja.

I would like to. I'll bring it in the car and if other people wear one, I'll change into it.
                    Just wear it InshaALLAH and if there are arabs there then
                    U can school them.
                    "Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes"

Comment

i like this garb........................
                      Attached Files
                      46 & 2?

Comment

i say go for it! bro, if that's what you'd like to wear... (no need follow others...) just make sure it's clean and straight... and i'm sure you'll look very dashing... ;)
                        "There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path." - Morpheus, The Matrix. :hidban:

"It would not be reasonable in me if I did not serve Him Who created me, and to Whom ye shall (all) be brought back." Surah 36:22. Ya Sin (Yusuf Ali Translation)

Comment

Salam,

Wear a thobe or something and a present for there new home ?

Comment

For Allah's sake, just try wearing Sunnah.
                            U WANNA DIE AS A MUSLIM, BUT U DON'T WANNA LIVE AS ONE ???
                            IT IS WISE TO FOLLOW SOMEBODY THAT KNOWS THE WAY........
                            ........... THE WAY TO JANNAH IS TO FOLLOW THE SUNNAH.

-- ISLAM ISN'T JUST A RELIGION, IT'S A WAY OF LIFE --

LIFE IS FRAGILE, HANDLE WITH PRAYER.

Comment

yes u have to bring a gift

and yes u have to wear formal clothes.
                              Screaming, But Will Never Be Heard

Comment

Originally posted by RashidD View Post
                                A thawb/thobe... aren't those those nightgown looking thingies? Man, I'd be mortified if I were ever caught out in public in my sleepwear. Then again, y'all wear shop towels on your heads and hide your women in bedsheets. 'Course, what I've seen of Muslim women (and some of the men), that may be a good thing.

Is this a hitching-up ceremony or a pajama party you're going to?

Comment

Working...
                                X