Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What should I wear to my friend's Walima?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should I wear to my friend's Walima?

Salaams. My friend's Walima is this Saturday and I've been invited to go. I've never been to one of these before. What should I wear? Also, do I need to bring a present or something?
    Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up do we realize something was actually strange.

Re: What should I wear to my friend's Walima?

u can wear wat u usually wear, but a thobe always looks nice, or a suite 2:up:

my brother wore a thobe to his best friends walima, with a kufi and an ilmama, so u can do that if u want:up:
    ‎"when she is a daughter, she opens a door of jannah for her father. when she is a wife, she completes half of the deen of her husband. when she is a mother, Jannah lies under her feet. If everyone knew the status of a muslim women in islam, even men would want to be women." Sheikh Akram Nadawi

Comment

clothes insh'allah, and no you dont need to bring a present, unless you really want to
      O ye who believe! obey Allah, and obey the Messenger, and those charged with authority among you. If ye differ in anything among yourselves, refer it to Allah and His Messenger, if ye do believe in Allah and the Last Day: that is best, and most suitable for final determination. (4: 59).

Comment

Originally posted by salafi86 View Post
        clothes insh'allah, and no you dont need to bring a present, unless you really want to
        Something cheerful and respectable. It's the goodwill not the garment that is important.

Comment

He's your friend, take a gift even if its somethin small.. Wear Western, traditional or Islamic aslong as you feel comfortable in it.
          Time beat you to it

Comment

yup a gift is a good idea..where as 4 the clothes i think shalwar kameez wud b nyc....:up:..not 2 keen on the suite... something that is simple will look elegant..
            Narrated Abu Musa: Some people asked Allah's Apostle, "Whose Islam is the best? i.e. (Who is a very good Muslim)?" He replied, "One who avoids harming the Muslims with his tongue and hands." (Book #2, Hadith #10)

Comment

a leather trenchcoat with dark shades...and watches inside your coat.

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix CG View Post
                a leather trenchcoat with dark shades...and watches inside your coat.
                with your hair tied up in a pony tail!
                وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

depends what background your friend is from.
                  Soon shall We cast terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers, for that they joined companions with Allah, for which He had sent no authority: their abode will be the Fire: And evil is the home of the wrong-doers. - 3.151

Comment

Originally posted by Khuram_2k? View Post
                    depends what background your friend is from.

Apparently, he's from Palestine, but on facebook it says he has relatives from Jordan.
                    Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up do we realize something was actually strange.

Comment

black suite, white shirt, light blue tie. lol just a suggestion. wear a suite, thats safe cos most people wear suites anyway in any culture or traditional wedding/walimah in your case
                      [I][SIZE="4"]He is Allah, the One!
                      Allah, the eternally Besought of all!
                      He begetteth not nor was begotten.
                      And there is none comparable unto Him.[/SIZE][/I]

Comment

go as something crazy, possibly incredible hulk, or president bush.

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix CG View Post
                          go as something crazy, possibly incredible hulk, or president bush.
                          :rofl1:
                          ‎"when she is a daughter, she opens a door of jannah for her father. when she is a wife, she completes half of the deen of her husband. when she is a mother, Jannah lies under her feet. If everyone knew the status of a muslim women in islam, even men would want to be women." Sheikh Akram Nadawi

Comment

thowb or salwar kameez

nice and simple
                            check out this blog>>>http://myworldmuslimah.wordpress.com/

Comment

dats wat i thwt 2...

gr8 minds think alike..hehehe
                              Narrated Abu Musa: Some people asked Allah's Apostle, "Whose Islam is the best? i.e. (Who is a very good Muslim)?" He replied, "One who avoids harming the Muslims with his tongue and hands." (Book #2, Hadith #10)

Comment

Working...
                              X