Coal mining

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coal mining

Sometimes I think i wish i was born 80 years earlier because thats where life was. the hustle bustle of indian british war and the independance of pakistan...the writers the poets, Allama iqbal and faiz ahmed faiz and coal mining. i wanted to be a coal miner. We have a village, near, of coal miners where i stay. The mines are shut but it is said the space underneath the village is hollow and there are eight layers of it. Just imagine how deep it is.

there are gold mines and what not but nothing like a coal mine.
    الصلوۃ والسلام علیک یا سیدی یارسول اللہ

Re: Coal mining

Originally posted by Kasim2k7 View Post
    Sometimes I think i wish i was born 80 years earlier because thats where life was. the hustle bustle of indian british war and the independance of pakistan...the writers the poets, Allama iqbal and faiz ahmed faiz and coal mining. i wanted to be a coal miner. We have a village, near, of coal miners where i stay. The mines are shut but it is said the space underneath the village is hollow and there are eight layers of it. Just imagine how deep it is.

there are gold mines and what not but nothing like a coal mine.

There was an Indian-British war 80 years ago?

I'm afraid you can't coal mine in the U.K anymore. The miners had to much power through the trade unions and were starting to receive a proper wage so all the coal mines were stopped. I think people like to pretend they were stopped because of 'Green' issues...

If you think you might enjoy the experience of going under ground there is a great Museum in Wales:
    http://www.museumwales.ac.uk/en/bigpit/

Its a bit of a journey from where you are but it might be one to remember for another time. Wales is generally extremely boring.

Comment

Originally posted by Morris View Post
      Its a bit of a journey from where you are but it might be one to remember for another time. Wales is generally extremely boring.
      hehe...too close for comfort eh Morris :p

Wales is also beautiful (if you exclude the language and the animal)....
      ...sermons from this minbar come with tongue planted quite firmly in cheek.

"Let your boat of life be light, packed with only what you need -
      a homely home and simple pleasures, one or two friends,
      worth the name, someone to love and someone to love you,
      a cat, a dog, and a pipe or two, enough to eat and enough to wear,
      and a little more than enough to drink; for thirst is a dangerous thing."

-- Jerome K. Jerome
      (Three Men in a Boat)

Comment

When coal seams are near the surface, it may be economical to extract the coal using open cut mining methods. Open cast coal mining recovers a greater proportion of the coal deposit than underground methods, as more of the coal seams in the strata may be exploited. Opencast coal mines can cover many square kilometers

Here is a link that might be useful: Coal Mining

Comment

Originally posted by jeromeowen View Post
          When coal seams are near the surface, it may be economical to extract the coal using open cut mining methods. Open cast coal mining recovers a greater proportion of the coal deposit than underground methods, as more of the coal seams in the strata may be exploited. Opencast coal mines can cover many square kilometers

Here is a link that might be useful: Coal Mining
          thankyou
          الصلوۃ والسلام علیک یا سیدی یارسول اللہ

Comment

Working...
          X