• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ~TwinklingStar~
    replied
    Re: watch..

"most half decent watches have batteries that will last 5-10 years..."

WOW...means all the watches Ive been using so far havent even been half-decent. My batteries have never lasted for more than 3-4 years.

Leave a comment:

• Masumah
    replied

Originally posted by Salman Al-Farsi View Post
    they'll b like 'woh, classic' :D
    inshAllah for u akhi i ope thats der response..but who knows by the time ur kids are ready to wear watches inshAllah we mite have a new device that embeds a watch into our skins

Leave a comment:

• Salman Al-Farsi
    replied

Originally posted by Masumah View Post
    lol for ur kids...ur kids will be lyk .."abu these soo out of date"...sell em on ebay :up:
    they'll b like 'woh, classic' :D

Leave a comment:

• Masumah
    replied

Originally posted by Salman Al-Farsi View Post
    I got few watches gifted to me, they are all kind of expensive ones so I just pulled the switch on them. I am keeping them for my kids, I hope they still work by then insha'Allah.

I also bought this mechanism which makes adjusting strap a doddle for £3. Its a good tool.
    lol for ur kids...ur kids will be lyk .."abu these soo out of date"...sell em on ebay :up:

Leave a comment:

• Salman Al-Farsi
    replied

I got few watches gifted to me, they are all kind of expensive ones so I just pulled the switch on them. I am keeping them for my kids, I hope they still work by then insha'Allah.

I also bought this mechanism which makes adjusting strap a doddle for £3. Its a good tool.

Leave a comment:

• ibn suleman
    replied

^done, :jkk:

hmm this thread reminds me...i need to get a watch...

Leave a comment:

• ibn suleman
    replied

Originally posted by Hafsah View Post
    this is what i was worried about (well not literally...but worried something would happen to its insides...)
    i think thats for the older style mechanical watches though...:S dunno for sure though...

but anyway most of my watches become unwearable loooong before the battery dies.... (this is supposed to highlight the fact that batteries last a long time rather than me not taking care of them :p)
    Last edited by ibn suleman; 23-11-08, 11:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Masumah
    replied

well i'll only wear it occasionally...and its costs about £30 to get da battery changed...it should last 2years...i'm just being stingy :S
    omg £30! my battery only cost £2....hmm thats a dilemma

Leave a comment:

• Hafsah
    replied

Originally posted by ibn suleman View Post
    lol..

here's some proof of of what i said... :D
    http://www.pundole.com/watch_care1.htm#13
    this is what i was worried about (well not literally...but worried something would happen to its insides...)

Another argument against trying to save battery power this way is that if the gears in the gear train sit stationary for a long time, the lubricants congeal.

Leave a comment:

• ibn suleman
    replied

Originally posted by MAsif View Post
    salaam

Ive done this in the past with watches and have found them in perfect working order afetr months/a year etc

But i wont argue with u...19000 posts!!!!!!well done
    walaykumasalaam

'twill still work, after a year/few years, but it doesnt really save too much battery..

Leave a comment:

• Hafsah
    replied

Originally posted by Masumah View Post
    j slet the battery die out sis..how long u not plannin on wearing it?
    well i'll only wear it occasionally...and its costs about £30 to get da battery changed...it should last 2years...i'm just being stingy :S

Leave a comment:

• ibn suleman
    replied

it still uses the battery?! ooh..didnt know that..

loll...nah...i'm far too practical to be wearing a watch that doesnt work 'just for show'
    lol..

here's some proof of of what i said... :D
    http://www.pundole.com/watch_care1.htm#13

Leave a comment:

• Masumah
    replied

j slet the battery die out sis..how long u not plannin on wearing it?

Leave a comment:

• Hafsah
    replied

Originally posted by OBL View Post
    get one of them automatic one's they don't require a battery charges itself you jus gotta wind it up everytime though.
    too late for that now...but maybe next time inshallaah :up:

Leave a comment:

• MAsif
    replied

Originally posted by ibn suleman View Post
    most half decent watches have batteries that will last 5-10 years...

even if you take out the winder thing, it still uses the battery a bit, and plus the battery discharges itself as time goes by, so keeping the winder thing out wont really make much difference...

and anyway ud be surprised how many peopl have watches "just for show" that dont work :p
    salaam

Ive done this in the past with watches and have found them in perfect working order afetr months/a year etc

But i wont argue with u...19000 posts!!!!!!well done

Leave a comment:

Working...
X