Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: watch..

Originally posted by Hafsah View Post
    it still uses the battery?! ooh..didnt know that..

loll...nah...i'm far too practical to be wearing a watch that doesnt work 'just for show'
    lol..

here's some proof of of what i said... :D
    http://www.pundole.com/watch_care1.htm#13
    i will bear any ordeal, but i will not beg

Watch the game, Learn the game, Control the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Masumah View Post
      j slet the battery die out sis..how long u not plannin on wearing it?
      well i'll only wear it occasionally...and its costs about £30 to get da battery changed...it should last 2years...i'm just being stingy :S

Comment

Originally posted by MAsif View Post
        salaam

Ive done this in the past with watches and have found them in perfect working order afetr months/a year etc

But i wont argue with u...19000 posts!!!!!!well done
        walaykumasalaam

'twill still work, after a year/few years, but it doesnt really save too much battery..

Comment

Originally posted by ibn suleman View Post
          lol..

here's some proof of of what i said... :D
          http://www.pundole.com/watch_care1.htm#13
          this is what i was worried about (well not literally...but worried something would happen to its insides...)

Another argument against trying to save battery power this way is that if the gears in the gear train sit stationary for a long time, the lubricants congeal.

Comment

well i'll only wear it occasionally...and its costs about £30 to get da battery changed...it should last 2years...i'm just being stingy :S
            omg £30! my battery only cost £2....hmm thats a dilemma
            *Alhamdulillah*

Comment

this is what i was worried about (well not literally...but worried something would happen to its insides...)
              i think thats for the older style mechanical watches though...:S dunno for sure though...

but anyway most of my watches become unwearable loooong before the battery dies.... (this is supposed to highlight the fact that batteries last a long time rather than me not taking care of them :p)
              Last edited by ibn suleman; 23-11-08, 11:36 PM.

Comment

^done, :jkk:

hmm this thread reminds me...i need to get a watch...

Comment

I got few watches gifted to me, they are all kind of expensive ones so I just pulled the switch on them. I am keeping them for my kids, I hope they still work by then insha'Allah.

I also bought this mechanism which makes adjusting strap a doddle for £3. Its a good tool.
                  "The objective behind Shari'ah is to liberate individuals from his desires in order to be a true Abd (slave) of Allah and that is the legitimate Maslaha... Violating the Shari'ah under the pretext of following Maqasid al-Shari'ah is like the one who cares about the spirit without the body and since the body without the spirit is useless therefore the spirit without the body is useless too." ~ Imam Shatibi - The greatest intellectual founder of Maqasid al-Shari'ah

Comment

Originally posted by Salman Al-Farsi View Post
                    I got few watches gifted to me, they are all kind of expensive ones so I just pulled the switch on them. I am keeping them for my kids, I hope they still work by then insha'Allah.

I also bought this mechanism which makes adjusting strap a doddle for £3. Its a good tool.
                    lol for ur kids...ur kids will be lyk .."abu these soo out of date"...sell em on ebay :up:
                    *Alhamdulillah*

Comment

Originally posted by Masumah View Post
                      lol for ur kids...ur kids will be lyk .."abu these soo out of date"...sell em on ebay :up:
                      they'll b like 'woh, classic' :D
                      "The objective behind Shari'ah is to liberate individuals from his desires in order to be a true Abd (slave) of Allah and that is the legitimate Maslaha... Violating the Shari'ah under the pretext of following Maqasid al-Shari'ah is like the one who cares about the spirit without the body and since the body without the spirit is useless therefore the spirit without the body is useless too." ~ Imam Shatibi - The greatest intellectual founder of Maqasid al-Shari'ah

Comment

Originally posted by Salman Al-Farsi View Post
                        they'll b like 'woh, classic' :D
                        inshAllah for u akhi i ope thats der response..but who knows by the time ur kids are ready to wear watches inshAllah we mite have a new device that embeds a watch into our skins
                        *Alhamdulillah*

Comment

"most half decent watches have batteries that will last 5-10 years..."

WOW...means all the watches Ive been using so far havent even been half-decent. My batteries have never lasted for more than 3-4 years.

Comment

Working...
                          X