Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wedding gifts – what are your choices on that!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wedding gifts – what are your choices on that!

yeah....i only go to weddings of people i actually know lol so its not so difficult
    The enforcement of Muslim Brotherhood is the greatest social ideal of Islam. On it was based the Prophet's (SAW) sermon on his last pilgrimage, and Islam cannot be completely realized until this ideal is achieved. '
    (Shaikh Maulana Muhammad Yusuf)
    In Lam Takun Ghaadiban Annee Falaa Ubaalee...

Comment

Originally posted by tayfah-mansurah View Post
      lately i have seen on wedding cards: "no boxed gifts please" lol. they just want cold hard cash
      It's not all about the cash, getting boxed gifts can cause a big issue in terms of where to put them - as well as getting many things you don't like...

My house got seriously taken over by these boxed gifts when my Step-Sister got married, as well as when my Brother got married. So annoying!

In terms of practicality, I suggest you give a lot of re-thought to the thought of getting a household item as a present. They can be great, but they can also be a waste.

Another thing to point out is that this is something that has started to occur "lately", it's been put on cards for several years...
      Ya Muqallib al-Quloob, thabbit qalbi 'alaa Deenik
      O' Converter of Hearts, make my heart steadfast upon Thy Way
      We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Comment

Originally posted by KeeKee View Post
        yeah....i only go to weddings of people i actually know lol so its not so difficult
        I rarely ever go to weddings... Mostly because I don't know anyone whose got married personally; like a friend or someone with whom I converse somewhat often. However, I wouldn't find giving gifts difficult... :D Especially considering I would know the Sister/Brother.

I'm yet to give a wedding gift! Looking forward to it, :insha:. But like Sister KeeKee, aside from the actual gift, I would most likely add a book to it; one of my marriage-related/Naseeha for brides or wives favourites.
        Ya Muqallib al-Quloob, thabbit qalbi 'alaa Deenik
        O' Converter of Hearts, make my heart steadfast upon Thy Way
        We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Comment

duas to Allah swt that he blesses both halves wit some sabr

Your attitude could send you to heaven your attitude could send you to hell
          Sometimes my mind goes blank i think insane and then post shaytan :FACT

Comment

That is a good thread to start, as you said that it would depend more on the nature of a person and how close that person is to us. But, anyways the first thing that comes to my mind for a female is designer jewelry and for a male, an ideal gift could be a fine watch. Women love jewelry and men like watches, not necessary but this is just so maximum among them. And for additional ideas on an ideal wedding gift, you can look out for more information on the web.

Comment

Working...
            X