Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wedding gifts – what are your choices on that!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wedding gifts – what are your choices on that!

Regards to all, we all have attended wedding of our close ones, friends and in the society. The biggest thing in attending one is the selection of a proper gift. They just wary depending on our relation with the host, but selecting a one is sometimes just not so easy. What would you generally consider a good gift for your friend, I know that it would depend on what he/she likes but what would be the first thought that you would get when thinking of a wedding gift?

Re: Wedding gifts – what are your choices on that!

Originally posted by donik View Post
    Regards to all, we all have attended wedding of our close ones, friends and in the society. The biggest thing in attending one is the selection of a proper gift. They just wary depending on our relation with the host, but selecting a one is sometimes just not so easy. What would you generally consider a good gift for your friend, I know that it would depend on what he/she likes but what would be the first thought that you would get when thinking of a wedding gift?
    i made a thread like this and akhi truepath suggested something really nice mashallah thats beneficial to the bride and groom, bought it and gave it to my uncle and he loved it mashallah:up:

let me find the link and u can check it out, inshallah:up:

okay i found the link http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?t=188470

on akhi truepath's post check number 2 on it, hayatus sahaba, its 3 books together, trust me the best gift u can give mashallah:up:
    Last edited by Safiyyah89; 22-11-08, 09:27 AM.
    ‎"when she is a daughter, she opens a door of jannah for her father. when she is a wife, she completes half of the deen of her husband. when she is a mother, Jannah lies under her feet. If everyone knew the status of a muslim women in islam, even men would want to be women." Sheikh Akram Nadawi

Comment

Originally posted by donik View Post
      lately i have seen on wedding cards: "no boxed gifts please" lol. they just want cold hard cash

Comment

Originally posted by tayfah-mansurah View Post
        lately i have seen on wedding cards: "no boxed gifts please" lol. they just want cold hard cash
        i was soo gonna mention this. I mean how many micowaves and toasters does one need...lol. But yeah this is kinda a new thing. I dont know where my view is on this, im assuming its because weddings are so unfortunately expensive .
        ...and InshAllah i remind myself before i remind others.

ASPIRE to INSPIRE before you EXPIRE!

Is your Boss coming?...Click here :D

Comment

:salams

Yes I have noticed this trend too. At first I didn't understand it so when I went along to my friend's Walima, I didn't take anything at all.
          Narrated Abee Hafsah: Ubaadah bin Saamit said to his son: "Oh son! You shall not get the true sense of eemaan (faith) until you know that what has befallen you was not going to miss you and what missed you was not going to befall you..." (Abu Dawud).

Comment

Originally posted by FadlUH View Post
            :salams

Yes I have noticed this trend too. At first I didn't understand it so when I went along to my friend's Walima, I didn't take anything at all.
            lol..funny thing is you look down the hall and theres a bunch of would you believe "box presents". :D

Comment

ok, , but if there are lots of friends maybe you can combine to give an umrah package

Comment

im on ummah woo, wrong thread man!
                Last edited by Phoenix CG; 22-11-08, 10:32 PM.

Comment

get an islamic book on marriage:up:
                  Last edited by Safiyyah89; 22-11-08, 10:38 PM.
                  ‎"when she is a daughter, she opens a door of jannah for her father. when she is a wife, she completes half of the deen of her husband. when she is a mother, Jannah lies under her feet. If everyone knew the status of a muslim women in islam, even men would want to be women." Sheikh Akram Nadawi

Comment

I had that on my wedding card, but thats purely because people give the same old usual stuff, you'd rather buy those things yourself of your own choice. Even then we got some non-boxed gifts (not cash) like someone gave £300 worth of John Lewis vouchers, we don't shop there so they are still laying about and others included vouchers of weekend at Marriot, i'd prefer if they gave me cash cuz I rather stay at holiday inn :p
                    "The objective behind Shari'ah is to liberate individuals from his desires in order to be a true Abd (slave) of Allah and that is the legitimate Maslaha... Violating the Shari'ah under the pretext of following Maqasid al-Shari'ah is like the one who cares about the spirit without the body and since the body without the spirit is useless therefore the spirit without the body is useless too." ~ Imam Shatibi - The greatest intellectual founder of Maqasid al-Shari'ah

Comment

man wrong thread! erm to add to this thread er er

i want a rifle!

Comment

I remeber when my bro got married, he had four clocks and we joked about how he could have one on each wall! But the new trend is to give a nice wedding card and drop ur cash in thier, and the amount is 20 quid plus< that is BARE minimum in our families.
                        "Verily Allah does not look to your appearance or wealth, but he looks to your hearts and your deeds." [Sahih Muslim, Vol. 4, #6221]

Comment

i guess if you give people money they can buy things they really need, £300 of john lewis vouchers isnt bad though :p

i think everyone should do a gift list :up:

Comment

i think that a gift voucher is a good idea...

i always tend to add 'Ashrafs Blessings of marriage' with the wedding gift; its a treasure of a book!
                            The enforcement of Muslim Brotherhood is the greatest social ideal of Islam. On it was based the Prophet's (SAW) sermon on his last pilgrimage, and Islam cannot be completely realized until this ideal is achieved. '
                            (Shaikh Maulana Muhammad Yusuf)
                            In Lam Takun Ghaadiban Annee Falaa Ubaalee...

Comment

i think gift vouchers are only good if you know what shops a person likes to shop in

Comment

Working...
                              X