Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steroids

Are steroids Haram?

I've used them to gain weight whilst bodybuilding.

Re: Steroids

We've been over this a lot of times before. I'm not the one to say something is haram, but as far as things go, I'd say unsupervised non-clinical use of anabolic steroids is risky, and so may be close to haram.

You're possibly mucking up your body for aesthetic reasons...There's plenty of literature but here's a link to a fairly simple site.

http://teens.drugabuse.gov/facts/facts_ster1.asp
    ...sermons from this minbar come with tongue planted quite firmly in cheek.

"Let your boat of life be light, packed with only what you need -
    a homely home and simple pleasures, one or two friends,
    worth the name, someone to love and someone to love you,
    a cat, a dog, and a pipe or two, enough to eat and enough to wear,
    and a little more than enough to drink; for thirst is a dangerous thing."

-- Jerome K. Jerome
    (Three Men in a Boat)

Comment

u lose a lot more than u gain lol i advise u stop, hav u learned nothing from high school health class
      Screaming, But Will Never Be Heard

Comment

Originally posted by ILS View Post
        Are steroids Haram?

steroids will really mess up your body long term and some of the side effects are awful, dont do it, especially for such silly reasons that you have stated above.

No point having a beautiful body outside and a messed up one inside
        The Prophet SAW said, "(There are2words which R dear 2 the most gracious (Allah SWT)&very easy4the tongue2say but very heavy in the balance.They are:Subhan Allahi Wa Bihamdihi - Subhan Allahil-Azim

Comment

salaam

in some cases they are proven to have long term health issues and in some cases they are not...

and anything which harms u in such a way is surely not worth it

Comment

Some interesting side effects:

Side-effects of the drugs can include baldness, impotence, developing milk-producing breasts in men and acne, and in misuse of anabolic steroids can cause heart and liver failure.
            http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/5139870.stm

I would suggest it would be better not to take them.

Thanks
            AbuMubarak – The Fox News of Ummah.com, “fair and balanced”?

Comment

asalamu alaikum

steroids take a toll on the body and will cause a lot of health problems.steroids have been reported to take major tolls on vital organs like this heart. steroids also affect you emotional. studies have shown that men who are on steroids tend to have more aggressive behavior.

Now in Islam the basic principal is that anything that harms us is haraam.
              Say, O My servants who have transgressed against themselves [by sinning], do not despair of the mercy of Allah . Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Indeed, it is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful.”
              (Surah Az Zumar, (Chapter 39: Verse 53)

Comment

Just an islamic point of view. I have liver tests regularly and take nolvadex to counter female hormone production so my health is fine.

Haram, halal, or muqroor?

Comment

Just an islamic point of view. I have liver tests regularly and take nolvadex to counter female hormone production so my health is fine.

Haram, halal, or muqroor?
                  im not in a position to answer that, but common sense surely dictates a few obvious questions: do u need steroids for your health ? ie: do u have a medical condition for which steroids are prescribed by a doctor ? if not then surely u shouldnt be taking them as they will for sure cause a harm to the body, according to many scholars women arent even allowed to take contraceptive pill due to the harms and risks known to be associated with it. if theyre not being prescribed by a doctor then are they illegal and then being bought on black market and could be laced with all sorts ?
                  "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

steroids are dangerous stop useing them this is what they can do to u
                    1.)kill u
                    2.)gain to much weight
                    3.)to much muscles
                    4.)you will look retarded
                    5.)just stop
                    6.)what did they teach u in school
                    Allah is the one God
                    and Mohammad is his prophet:up:

Comment

dont u know what steroids do to men? the effect it will have on your sorry to be rude or sound dirty but i dont mean to be (your man equipment) it will shrink rapidly and this will cause u alot of emotional problems and also in some cases men grow breasts once you stop using them and or stop working out really think about it. sorry if i offended anyone or sounded dirty but i dont mean to be just stating the harm.
                      ]IM A BRO READ MY NICK RIGHT U ROBOTS!!

Comment

Originally posted by muslimali1234 View Post
                        dont u know what steroids do to men? the effect it will have on your sorry to be rude or sound dirty but i dont mean to be (your man equipment) it will shrink rapidly and this will cause u alot of emotional problems and also in some cases men grow breasts once you stop using them and or stop working out really think about it. sorry if i offended anyone or sounded dirty but i dont mean to be just stating the harm.
                        Nolvadex stops female hormones. ( No men breasts)

Shrinkage of the penis is a common misconception. Like saying eating cheese gives you nightmares.

Halal, haram or muqroor?

Comment

correct me if im wrong but isnt anything that alters the fitrah haram? like when using steroids ur body is reprogramed not to feel pain thus allowing you to work out for longer periods?
                          ]IM A BRO READ MY NICK RIGHT U ROBOTS!!

Comment

Steroids are for weeklings.
                            WHy cant people naturally get strong???
                            Last edited by 2Shallow2Die; 17-11-08, 01:34 AM.

Comment

Are steroids Haram?

yyyy?????

js be natural..dats wot i tell my brother seein as hes gone crazy on bodybuilding
                              *Alhamdulillah*

Comment

Working...
                              X