Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get someone to believe in god

Any suggestions?
    ‘…Verily Allah sent the Messenger with the Deen of guidance and truth in order to dominate over all other Deens (i.e. religions; such as Christianity, Hinduism and Judaism and ideologies; such as capitalism and Communism) even if the idolaters dislike it…’

Re: How to get someone to believe in god

Originally posted by ana_mujahid View Post
    Any suggestions?
    I can't think of one sentence that would instantly make them believe in Allah.

I would give them the Holy Quran and ask them to read it.

But obviously they'd have questions and that would involve hours and hours of debating......

I'd probably ask them the question 'prove to me that God doesn't exist.'
    Last edited by Kubs; 12-11-08, 11:00 PM.
    Give me a clear vision, that I may know where to stand and what to stand for - because unless I stand for something, I will fall for anything.

Comment

Salaams.

FIRST POST.

I thought that this would be a fun one to try to answer...

I was AGNOSTIC before I reverted. Raised Christian. I am too much of a science nerd/too "metaphysical" (???) to have ever bought into the common "guy in the sky" explanation...

Try to tell them about tawhid. If you find it hard to explain yourself, just leave it at the "oneness of God" thing and suggest they look it up, inshallah.

Tawhid's what initially snapped me out of my little "exploratory funk".

Comment

I would never try and revert anyone.

The majority of reverts that i've spoken to were just curious about Islam and they then adopted it as their faith once they got a better understanding.

Comment

I know! Slap them.

Comment

Originally posted by 2Shallow2Die View Post
            I know! Slap them.
            :rofl1::rotfl: You silly **** i almost choked laughing when i saw that.

Can't breath.

Comment

Of course there is no compulsion in religion so you can't force anyone to believe in God or in Islam.

But you can try to find the best way to present the concept to someone, based on what that person understands or is interested in. For example, someone who understands biology could benefit from realizing how amazing the human body is, how precise the functions are, etc, and hopefully realize only Allah could create something so beautiful!

So you can find a way to present the idea of God or Islam to someone who is interested in a way that they can relate to and inshaAllah gain a desire to learn more :)

Comment

Working...
              X