Password!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Password!!!!!!!!

Ok i understand that passwords for this that and everything is really important for security etc. but they drive me CRAZY

I need a password for:

My online Banking
    Ebay
    hotmail
    telephone banking
    mobile
    landline
    customer services
    auto trader
    youtube
    ummah forum
    consumer forum etc. etc. etc. etc.

soooo many passwords to remember, some need to be longer then 8 characters, some need letters and numbers, some are only number some need to be changed every so often my god drives me crazy it is reallt hard to remember all of them especially if you have to keep changing them for security reasons. :bangbang:

what are your views:D

Re: Password!!!!!!!!

climb mount kilamanjaro and dont come back down!!!

Comment

sis simple :)

Just use one password for everything :up: it should be easy then. or if u dont agree, then write them down somewhere...like
      There is no such thing as an Israel,
      It is occupied-palestine

Should the Jews have been given a homeland?

YES...........in germany,

the world should have given the jews germany as payment for the holocaust

Comment

Originally posted by Guvna View Post
        climb mount kilamanjaro and dont come back down!!!
        where's za?
        It is occupied-palestine

Comment

I have to remember more than that just to log on at work every day!

Try and keep your passwords the same and update them all when the first one changes, that's all I can suggest!
          Hadith, Fiqh and Tafsir Scholarship
          http://www.al-salam.co.uk/[B][COLOR="#006400"]

Comment

Easy - Find one long sentence that you really like - and a long one, with 10 words in or so, then make your passwords from that (by juggling letters and numbers, using the phonetic alphabet etc...)

That way you only have to remember the one sentence, and a few pointers. And it's secure - fairly secure.
            ...sermons from this minbar come with tongue planted quite firmly in cheek.

"Let your boat of life be light, packed with only what you need -
            a homely home and simple pleasures, one or two friends,
            worth the name, someone to love and someone to love you,
            a cat, a dog, and a pipe or two, enough to eat and enough to wear,
            and a little more than enough to drink; for thirst is a dangerous thing."

-- Jerome K. Jerome
            (Three Men in a Boat)

Comment

Originally posted by RaineR View Post
              sis simple :)

Just use one password for everything :up: it should be easy then. or if u dont agree, then write them down somewhere...like
              thats the worse advice from a security point of view you could ever give!!
              DO NOT so this!!!! One compromise, and you compromise everything!!!! expecially given the latest figures on identity theft!!!

Like Abu H says, some of us need more passwords than that to start up the day!!!!

Comment

I encrypt them and store it in a passwd protected doc on my home PC:

Say my passwd is abc123, I can store it as def456.

This was simple example, I used complex encryption techniques, one technique at a time for all passwords and change techniques every now and then.

‘Sar utha kar maine, kitni khwahishein ki thi
                Kitne khwab dekhe the, kitni koshishein ki thi
                Jab tu rubaroo aaya, nazrein naa mila paaya
                Sar jhooka ke ek pal mein, maine kya naheen Paaya’

Comment

Originally posted by Guvna View Post
                  thats the worse advice from a security point of view you could ever give!!
                  DO NOT so this!!!! One compromise, and you compromise everything!!!! expecially given the latest figures on identity theft!!!

Like Abu H says, some of us need more passwords than that to start up the day!!!!
                  well at least it dont give u a headache:hidban:
                  It is occupied-palestine

Comment

You left off chip and pin!!

I have different pins for a few different bank/credit cards.....and almost always get then confused, and make a prat out of myself

My hotmail/facebook/yahoo accounts I rarely use, and the password is the same for them all.

Ummah...well my password is ingrained in my head now :)

you have a password for your landline didnt know such things existed

My mobile password has been the same for the past 5 years so thats ok

Online stuff is all written in my diary in such a way no one else would understand it

hmmmm........just remember it, its not that much of a hassle

One password for everything isnt really a goos idea is it....?
                    وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

dont worry sis... whatever passwords u maintain... jus mail them to me... when u forgot or face any problem...let me know... and i'll mail u back

and yep... only to start my work... i need to open around 8-10 applications and with different passwords *sigh* it gets on nerves sometimes cuz u gotta change them every 3 months...
                      لا أريد مِنْكُمْ جَزَاء وَلا شُكُورًا

Comment

Originally posted by truepath View Post
                        dont worry sis... whatever passwords u maintain... jus mail them to me... when u forgot or face any problem...let me know... and i'll mail u back

and yep... only to start my work... i need to open around 8-10 applications and with different passwords *sigh* it gets on nerves sometimes cuz u gotta change them every 3 months...
                        hang on, i thought Nothing gets on ur Nerves
                        It is occupied-palestine

Comment

Hey Jen :)

I have to write the passwords down somewhere otherwise i'm like
                          It is occupied-palestine

Comment

hang on, i thought Nothing gets on ur Nerves
                            no... i said humans cant...if they do... i pay back in full ... :D
                            لا أريد مِنْكُمْ جَزَاء وَلا شُكُورًا

Comment

Hey Jen :)

I have to write the passwords down somewhere otherwise i'm like
                              Sallams :) u awight?

hmmm....i only write down the really important stuff and put in a safe place

in such a safe place even I cant find it when I need too!
                              وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

Working...
                              X