Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My New House (Haram?)

:salams

This time last year our family moved out to our new house which has 6 rooms. Our old house had 3 rooms, (Us 3 brothers were sharing 1 room!!!) and we are a family of 8 including me. The problem is that we had to remortgage our old house to buy the new house. As far as I know it is most likely haram.

The house is very nice with a seperate block in the garden which is my gym and could easily be converted to a bedroom.

Anyway I'm thinknig that every month that I am helping towards the mortgage, Im doing Haram. Now that I am out of my Jahilia mentality, what should I do? If everyone refuses to sell the house and go to the old place or whatever, shall I move out on my own?

Please Help
    http://i47.tinypic.com/do8kmw.jpg

Re: My New House (Haram?)

this is a very very very heavy issue, it affects you and your family, so you should consult someone that will take all aspects into account, the fact that you live there, the difficulties it can bring if you sell.move out etc, you should take it to a proper alim, cas someone could speak without knowledge and give you a wrong answer and in turn could create a problem for you and your family when the real answer may be something else.

Comment

see its stuff like this which makes me wanna go homeless
      You hope for salvation and you have not trodden its paths,
      But the ship does not progress on dry land.

Comment

Originally posted by IbnAbdulHakim View Post
        see its stuff like this which makes me wanna go homeless
        or...buy in pakistan where u have no tax, no rubbish, just buy land build house, :p sorted

Comment

yes I will have a word with my uncle, Not only that we are struggling with money as it is as well otp family issues (but hey thats a different story)

Comment

live in a car :)
            *Alhamdulillah*

Comment

Originally posted by Masumah View Post
              live in a car :)

Im serious, I need some advice

Comment

sorri i know it was a silly comment...i really dont know akhi..alot of ppl are facing dis problem..especially first time buyers
                *Alhamdulillah*

Comment

If your worried about the Interest on the Mortgage, you could change your mortgage (when your able to renew) to one that is Sharia Compliant (maybe try Islamic Bank of Britain or other such banks). This would allow you to keep the house etc.
                  Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

Working...
                  X