Lying

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lying

It was narrated that Asma’ bint Yazeed said: RasulAllah (saw) said: “Lies are not appropriate except in three cases: when a man speaks to his wife to please her, telling lies at times of war, and lying in order to bring about reconciliation between people.” (Tirmidhî)

It was narrated from Umm Kulthoom bint ‘Uqbah that she heard RasulAllah (saw) say: “He is not a liar who brings about reconciliation among people, conveys good words and says good things.” Ibn Shihab said he did not hear that exemption was granted in anything what the people speak as lie but in three cases: in battle, for bringing reconciliation amongst persons and the narration of the words of the husband to his wife, and the narration of the words of a wife to her husband (in a twisted form in order to bring reconciliation between them (Bukhârî; Muslim; Abu Dawud; Tirmidhî)

“When one is not reckoned as a liar when he is making reconciliation between others, an individual will not be considered a liar when he is reconciliation his relationship with his brother in deen. As long as the individual is not trying to gain position and take advantage but only with the intention of gaining the rida of Allah, that his niyah is halis; And that he does not harm his Muslim brother or tries to rid the harm from him. It should not be for materialistic ambition with the niyah of gaining worldly things. If he is to do it for this desire and purpose, permission will not be given. (Ibn al-Qayyim, Ighaathat al-Lahfaan)

Taken from: Lying at kuffar

Comment

Originally posted by Tawhid1 View Post
      It was narrated that Asma’ bint Yazeed said: RasulAllah (saw) said: “Lies are not appropriate except in three cases: when a man speaks to his wife to please her, telling lies at times of war, and lying in order to bring about reconciliation between people.” (Tirmidhî)

It was narrated from Umm Kulthoom bint ‘Uqbah that she heard RasulAllah (saw) say: “He is not a liar who brings about reconciliation among people, conveys good words and says good things.” Ibn Shihab said he did not hear that exemption was granted in anything what the people speak as lie but in three cases: in battle, for bringing reconciliation amongst persons and the narration of the words of the husband to his wife, and the narration of the words of a wife to her husband (in a twisted form in order to bring reconciliation between them (Bukhârî; Muslim; Abu Dawud; Tirmidhî)

“When one is not reckoned as a liar when he is making reconciliation between others, an individual will not be considered a liar when he is reconciliation his relationship with his brother in deen. As long as the individual is not trying to gain position and take advantage but only with the intention of gaining the rida of Allah, that his niyah is halis; And that he does not harm his Muslim brother or tries to rid the harm from him. It should not be for materialistic ambition with the niyah of gaining worldly things. If he is to do it for this desire and purpose, permission will not be given. (Ibn al-Qayyim, Ighaathat al-Lahfaan)

Taken from: Lying at kuffar

jzk for the reminder bro/sis
      ...and InshAllah i remind myself before i remind others.

ASPIRE to INSPIRE before you EXPIRE!

Is your Boss coming?...Click here :D

Comment

Originally posted by EastLondon_Bro View Post
        ok its abit late and i have not really read the above comments so forgive me if im repeating.

As far as i know there are 3 times at which you can lie:
        no specific order

Will try to quote word for word

1. War times, cannot give away the muslims stragies, base etc...
        2. Wife says, do i look unattractive. Woe to the one who says yes.
        3. sorry cant remeber
        the other one is to bring people together like if they had an argument and u try to put them back on good terms?
        .: Rufaida :.
        .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
        http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
        “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
        but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
        ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
        <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Working...
        X