Lying

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lying

Can lying ever be justified? Meaning, can we lie to our loved ones in order to keep secrets to our selves? Things maybe which we don't want to reveal to even our spouses?

Re: Lying

just dont mention it rather than lieing about it

like dont bring up that topic at all, thats not considered lieing:up:

but no lieing cant be justified, i think?
    ‎"when she is a daughter, she opens a door of jannah for her father. when she is a wife, she completes half of the deen of her husband. when she is a mother, Jannah lies under her feet. If everyone knew the status of a muslim women in islam, even men would want to be women." Sheikh Akram Nadawi

Comment

Originally posted by Safiyyah89 View Post
      just dont mention it rather than lieing about it

like dont bring up that topic at all, thats not considered lieing:up:

but no lieing cant be justified, i think?
      But if they ask ?

Comment

If its a case of revealing sins.. Then just say "I'd rather not reveal sins" but if it's something else... I dunno...

Comment

Originally posted by scribble View Post
          If its a case of revealing sins.. Then just say "I'd rather not reveal sins" but if it's something else... I dunno...
          But saying "i'd rather not reveal sins" will reveal that there is a issue. Even which can become a problem.

Comment

:scratch: Everyone sins though.. and we should keep them a secret. I don't see why that reason isn't understandable.

Comment

Originally posted by scribble View Post
              :scratch: Everyone sins though.. and we should keep them a secret. I don't see why that reason isn't understandable.
              hrmm.
              Last edited by 2Shallow2Die; 03-11-08, 05:01 AM.

Comment

If it is though, whose anger would you prefer, the person who you've upset by not revealing something that'll make you sin or Allah (swt)'s?

I think we'd all rather not feel Allah's anger, not even a tiny bit. :(

Comment

Originally posted by 2Shallow2Die View Post
                  But if they ask ?
                  then thats a whole different case, umm islamically i dont know but y not tell her half the truth like keep what u know would make her mad to urself and tell her only half the truth:scratch:
                  ‎"when she is a daughter, she opens a door of jannah for her father. when she is a wife, she completes half of the deen of her husband. when she is a mother, Jannah lies under her feet. If everyone knew the status of a muslim women in islam, even men would want to be women." Sheikh Akram Nadawi

Comment

if someone asks you, you should speak the truth, albeit in a manner that may soften things.

but as they say lies always find a way back to you; and lying to someone will hurt them more than being honest. its horrible being lied to, i'm sure we all know that.
                    The enforcement of Muslim Brotherhood is the greatest social ideal of Islam. On it was based the Prophet's (SAW) sermon on his last pilgrimage, and Islam cannot be completely realized until this ideal is achieved. '
                    (Shaikh Maulana Muhammad Yusuf)
                    In Lam Takun Ghaadiban Annee Falaa Ubaalee...

Comment

Originally posted by KeeKee View Post
                      if someone asks you, you should speak the truth, albeit in a manner that may soften things.

but as they say lies always find a way back to you; and lying to someone will hurt them more than being honest. its horrible being lied to, i'm sure we all know that.
                      So if you had a past, which you have left. And your afraid your future spouse will leave you or might change if they find out. Will you not then keep your mouth zipped?

Comment

So if you had a past, which you have left. And your afraid your future spouse will leave you or might change if they find out. Will you not then keep your mouth zipped?
                        i would defenetly keep my mouth shut, let the past stay in the past:up:

Comment

it depends....if there is a danger of her/him finding out it would be better coming from 'you' wouldn't it?
                          in any case, we shouldn't reveal our sins. furthermore, if the spouse DID find out one way or another, then if she/he has been blessed with a sound mind they would be able to realize that the past is the past, and what and who you are now is what matters.
                          The enforcement of Muslim Brotherhood is the greatest social ideal of Islam. On it was based the Prophet's (SAW) sermon on his last pilgrimage, and Islam cannot be completely realized until this ideal is achieved. '
                          (Shaikh Maulana Muhammad Yusuf)
                          In Lam Takun Ghaadiban Annee Falaa Ubaalee...

Comment

ok its abit late and i have not really read the above comments so forgive me if im repeating.

As far as i know there are 3 times at which you can lie:
                            no specific order

Will try to quote word for word

1. War times, cannot give away the muslims stragies, base etc...
                            2. Wife says, do i look unattractive. Woe to the one who says yes.
                            3. sorry cant remeber
                            ...and InshAllah i remind myself before i remind others.

ASPIRE to INSPIRE before you EXPIRE!

Is your Boss coming?...Click here :D

Comment

Originally posted by EastLondon_Bro View Post
                              ok its abit late and i have not really read the above comments so forgive me if im repeating.

As far as i know there are 3 times at which you can lie:
                              no specific order

Will try to quote word for word

1. War times, cannot give away the muslims stragies, base etc...
                              2. Wife says, do i look unattractive. Woe to the one who says yes.
                              3. sorry cant remeber
                              :up:

Comment

Working...
                              X