• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sirius
    replied
    Re: I say it, but I don't mean it

I feared failure until I realised that
    I only fail when I don't try.
    that line of the poem of post #18 is full of wisdom.
    It's very true in my experience.

Leave a comment:

• Submit To Peace
    replied

The purpose of this collection was to be able to think more on positive aspects of life, specially when one is going through tough times in life.

Leave a comment:

• Submit To Peace
    replied
    Ali (r.a) passes by a grave

Kumayl says " I was with Ali (r.a) once on a journey, when he reached an uninhabited place. He approached a grave and said: ' O you dwellers of the graves! O you who live among ruins ! O you who live in the wilderness and solitude! How you live in the other world ? How has it gone with you there ? ' He continued: the news from our side is that all you did leave of the wealth and riches here, has long been distributed; your children are orphans; your widows have long since remarried. Now let us hear about you. He then turned to me: ' O Kumayl! if they could speak, they would have told us that the best provision for the Akhirah is fear of Allah (swt).' Tears welled out of his eyes, as he added: 'O Kumayl! the grave is a container of the deeds; but one realizes it only after death."

Leave a comment:

• Submit To Peace
    replied
    Sand and Stone

Two friends Ismail and Ibrahim were walking through the desert, as the sun was beating down on their heads, and they were thirsty for water they began to argue. The argument got more and more heated and eventually Ismail struck Ibrahim across the face. Ibrahim felt hurt inside, but without anything to say, he wrote in the sand: "Today, my best friend slapped me in the face."

They kept on walking, until eventually they came across an oasis, where they decided to stop and bathe. Ibrahim jumped in and began to wash, while Ismail sat back and relaxed. Suddenly Ibrahim began to scream and shout, he had developed a cramp and was having difficulty keeping his head above water, he was drowning.

Ismail dived in after him, and brought him gently to shore. When Ibrahim recovered from the shock, he scratched a message on a nearby stone:

"Today, my best friend saved my life"

Ismail who had saved and slapped his best friend Ibrahim, asked him, "Why, after I hurt you, you wrote in the sand, and now you write on a stone?"

Ibrahim, smiled and replied:

"When a friend hurts us, we should write his deeds in the sand, where the winds of forgiveness can blow it away, and when a friend does something good, we should engrave it in stone, where it shall remain for eternity."

"Show forgiveness, enjoin what is good, and turn away from the ignorant (i.e. don't punish them). If a suggestion from Satan assails your mind, seek refuge with Allah; for He heareth and knoweth (all things)"
    [surah al-A'raf, 7:199-200]

Leave a comment:

• Submit To Peace
    replied
    Triple Filter Test

One day a person met a scholar in baghdad and said, "Do you know what I just heard about your friend?"

"Hold on a minute," The scholar replied. "Before telling me anything, I'd like you to pass a little test. It's called the Triple Filter Test."

"Triple filter?"

"That's right," The scholar continued. "Before you talk to me about my friend, it might be a good idea to take a moment and filter what you're going to say.

That's why I call it the triple filter test. The first filter is Truth. Have you made absolutely sure that what you are about to tell me is true?"

"No," the man said, "Actually I just heard about it and..."

"All right," said the scholar. "So you don't really know if it's true or not. Now let's try the second filter, the filter of goodness. Is what you are about to tell me about my friend something good?"

"No, on the contrary..."

"So," The scholar continued, "You want to tell me something bad about him, but you're not certain it's true. You may still pass the test though, because there's one filter left: the filter of usefulness. Is what you want to tell me about my friend going to be useful to me?"

"No, not really."

"Well," concluded the scholar, "If what you want to tell me is neither true nor good nor even useful, why tell it to me at all?"

May Allah bless us all with the strength to follow it, when we give our comments about anyone.

Leave a comment:

• Submit To Peace
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Submit To Peace
    replied
    Remaining faithful to Allah (SWT)

A qualified medical worker from India emigrated to Canada to live a better life. This Muslim brother had a beard. He applied to many different places for a job and was called for interviews. Though he was highly qualified for the jobs, the interviewers hesitated to hire him because of his beard. One by one, he was rejected from all the companies. One interviewer actually mentioned to him indirectly that his beard was an obstacle to getting the job. Trully, it was a big test for him from Allah. Hopeless and exhausted, the brother decided to remove the obstacle, which was to shave off his beard. Then he returned to that company and requested for another interview. When the interviewer saw him without a beard this time, he refused to give him the job again. The brother became confused and asked to know the reason. The interviewer said "If you are not faithful to your God, how will you be faithful to us?"

Leave a comment:

• Submit To Peace
    replied
    Dealing with troubles

One day a farmer's donkey fell down into a well. The animal cried piteously for hours as the farmer tried to figure out what to do. Finally, he decided the animal was old, and the well needed to be covered up anyway; it just wasn't worth it to retrieve the donkey.

He invited all his neighbors to come over and help him. They all grabbed a shovel and began to shovel dirt into the well. At first, the donkey realized what was happening and cried horribly. Then, to everyone's amazement he quieted down.

A few shovel loads later, the farmer finally looked down the well. He was astonished at what he saw. With each shovel of dirt that hit his back, the donkey was doing something amazing. He would shake it off and take a step up.

As the farmer's neighbors continued to shovel dirt on top of the animal, he would shake it off and take a step up. Pretty soon, everyone was amazed as the donkey stepped up over the edge of the well and happily trotted off!

LESSON : Life is going to shovel dirt on you, all kinds of dirt. The trick to getting out of the well is to shake it off and take a step up. Each of our troubles is a steppingstone. We can get out of the deepest wells just by not stopping, never giving up! Shake it off and take a step up.

p.s. It was just an example for all of us, anyone kindly don't think that I am comparing human with donkey.

Leave a comment:

• Submit To Peace
    replied
    http://qisas.com/stories/277

Leave a comment:

• Submit To Peace
    replied
    Morality

Hasan al-Basri once fell sick. His neighbour, an nonbeliever, came to pay him a visit.

"O Imam," he exclaimed, "I detect a bad smell." The Imam told him it was caused by illness, but the neighbour insisted: "That is not the odor of sickness. It is a lavatory smell. For the love of Allah, tell me what it is!"

He had not noticed that sewage was leaking from his house into that of the Imam.

When the neighbour pressed him, the Imam finally said: "For some months your drain has been seeping through to our side. I tried to fix it, but without success."

His neighbour asked why he had not told him before, but the venerable Imam said: "I might have offended you."

The unbeliever was so impressed by this ethical refinement that he was ennobled with True Faith, for he recognized the Imam's morality as a ray of Islam.

Leave a comment:

• Submit To Peace
    replied
    "This is good! Allah Almighty knows best."

A story is told about a King in Africa who had a close friend that he grew up with. The friend had a habit of looking at every situation that ever occurred in his life (positive or negative) by remarking, "This is good, Allah Almighty knows best"

One day the King and his friend were out on a hunting expedition. The friend would load and prepare the guns for the King. The friend had apparently done something wrong in preparing one of the guns, for after taking the gun from his friend, the King fired it and his thumb was blown off. Examining the situation the friend remarked as usual, "This is good! Allah Almighty knows best." To which the King replied, "No, this is NOT good!" and ordered his soldiers to put his friend into jail.

About a year later, the King was hunting in an area that he should have known to stay clear of. Cannibals captured the King and took him to their village. They tied his hands, stacked some wood, set up a stake and bound him to t! he stake. As they came near to set fire to the wood, they noticed that the King was missing a thumb. Being superstitious, they never ate anyone who was less than whole. So after untying the King, they chased him out of the village.

When the King reached his Palace, he was reminded of the event that had taken his thumb and felt remorse for his treatment of his friend. He went immediately to the jail to speak with his friend.

"You were right" the King said, "it was good that my thumb was blown off." And he proceeded to tell the friend all that had just happened. "I am very sorry for sending you to jail for so long. It was bad for me to do this." "No," his friend replied, "this is good...Allah Almighty knows best" "What do you mean, 'this is good'! How could it be good that I sent my friend to jail for a year?"

The King's friend replied: "Remember that the Almighty knows best and if I had NOT been in jail, I would have been with you on that hunting trip."

He could have become a victom if he were with the king

"He knows what is before them And what is behind them: And to Allah go back All questions (for decision)" Qur'an : Surah Al Hajj 22:76

Leave a comment:

• Submit To Peace
    replied
    The Fearless Warrior

During the Battle of Bait Lihya, the Muslim Commander Zarrar(ra) was captured by the Byzantine forces. Word was sent to Khalid Bin Walid (ra) for further help.

Leaving the command of Damacus to Abu Ubaida (ra), Khalid( ra) set off to Bait Lihya with his mobile contingent of 4000 horsemen. As Khalid(ra ) approached the battle-field, he saw a muslim rider with a masked face gallop of towards the Byzantine front. This warrior would kill a number of the enemy soldiers, and then withdraw. He would after some time pounce on the enemy again and kill everyone who came his way. He was striking fear in the ranks of the enemy soldiers.

Khalid (ra) was struck by the bravery of this warrior, and asked him to identify himself. The Warrior however, dashed to the front again. As he returned from the attack after killing, a number of the enemy, Khalid (ra) wanted the warrior to halt and identify himself. The Warrior signaled to Khalid (ra) with his hands not to ask him his identity.

Khalid (ra)shouted "I ask In the name of Allah, oh courageous one who are you?" From behind the mask on the warriors face a female voice was heard " I am Khaula , sister of Zarrar (ra). I have come to liberate my brother from the clutches of the enemy, by Allah I shall not rest until he is freed." Saying this she plunged straight in to the ranks of the enemy again.

The Muslims gained a substantial victory and Zarrar (ra) was liberated., and Khaula (ra) was highly praised for her bravery, by Khalid Bin Walid (ra).

* Life of 'Hadrat Umar Farooque (RA)' author Prof Masud ul Hasan.

Leave a comment:

• Submit To Peace
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Submit To Peace
    replied
    A dog is better than me

Intense pain would have raised in anyone's heart at the scene of that angry master hiting the dog very hard. The dog could have responded by biting the master BUT he didn't. The silent look in the dog's wet eyes can't be expressed in words. A look of sincerity which penetrates through the depth of soul, which might make the most cruel person cry. Motionless with a bowed head, a body language of the most obedient servant, who is ready to serve his master, obey every order and even give it's life for him, no matter how many times he hit it.

WHY ???

Because the master had given him food for few days.

How could have anyone controlled his tears when at one call the dog placed his head in his masters feet, ignoring what he did to him earlier.

And how many times do we place our head infront of our master after 5 calls a day, who doesn't even disgrace us the way that dog was disgraced. Instead HE says that after you do severe disobedience in everyway, if you walk towards me I run towards you.

HE keep feeding us even if we are disobedient to him, but he waits for us to repent, so that we may realize that He has blessed us with unimagineable blessings. He promises that I forgive all your pasts sins if you repent only ONCE sincerely from heart with an intention of not repeating them.

The dog shows his loyalty by guarding his masters house all night, but we don't show loyalty by guarding "ourselves" from sins which doesn't give benefit to our master but to ourself.

IS that dog better than US in terms of thankfulness, who's sincerity and obedience is only because of food and we have infinite reasons to show respect to our parents and our Allah through obedience in a REAL way, which they deserve?
    Last edited by Submit To Peace; 25-12-08, 02:52 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Submit To Peace
    replied

A stunning story

I read it somewhere, I first thought I shouldn't share it, but now I think there is a lesson in it.

Note: People under the age of 18, please don't read it.

Allah (SWT) has a way of allowing us to be in the right place at the
    right time....

I was walking down a dimly lit street late one evening when I heard
    muffled screams coming from behind a clump of bushes. Alarmed, I
    slowed down to listen and panicked when I realized that what I was
    hearing were the unmistakable sounds of a struggle: heavy grunting,
    frantic scuffling and tearing of fabric.

Only yards from where stood, a woman was being attacked. Should I get involved? I was frightened for my own safety and cursed myself for
    having suddenly decided to take a new route home that night. What if I became another statistic? Shouldn't I just run to the nearest phone and call the police? Although it seemed an eternity, the deliberations in
    my head had taken only seconds, but already the cries were growing
    weaker.

I knew I had to act fast. How could I walk away from this? No, I finally
    resolved, I could not turn my back on the fate of this unknown woman,
    even if it meant risking my own life. I am not a brave man, nor am I
    athletic. I don't know where I found the moral courage and physical
    strength-but once I had finally resolved to help the girl.

I became strangely transformed. I ran behind the bushes and pulled the assailant off the woman. Grappling, we fell to the ground where we wrestled for a few minutes until the attacker jumped up and escaped.

Panting hard, I scrambled upright and approached the girl, who was
    crouched behind a tree, sobbing. In the darkness, I could barely see
    her outline, but I could certainly sense her trembling shock.

Not wanting to frighten her further, I at first spoke to her froma
    distance. It's OK," I said soothingly. "The man ran away. You're safe
    now."

There was a long pause and then I heard the words, uttered in wonder, in amazement.

"Dad, is that you?"

And then, from behind the tree, stepped my youngest daughter, Maliha.

Do all the good you can,
    In all the ways you can,
    In all the places you can,
    At all times you can,
    To all the people you can
    p.s. Kindly forgive me if anyone feels that this story should not have been shared. My intentions were only to sincerely share that (Allah forbid) such an incident can happen to anyone if people don't take care.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X