• HSarah
    replied
    Re: I say it, but I don't mean it

MashaAllah thank you for these wonderful anecdotes...Jazekallah Khair

Leave a comment:

• Submit To Peace
    replied
    Before it is too late...

A man stopped at a flower shop to order some flowers to be wired to his mother who lived two hundred miles away. As he got out of his car he noticed a little boy sitting on the curb sobbing.

He asked the boy what was wrong and the boy replied, "I wanted to buy a red rose for my mother. But I only have seventy-five cents, and a rose costs two dollars."

The man smiled and said, "Come on in with me. I'll buy you a rose."He bought the little boy his rose and ordered his own mother's flowers. As they were leaving he offered the little boy a ride home. The boy said, "Yes, please! You can take me to my mother." He directed the man to a cemetery, where he placed the rose on a freshly dug grave.

The man returned to the flower shop, canceled the wire order, picked up a bouquet and drove the two hundred miles to his mother's house.

If our parents are alive, let us give them the gift of our affection, if they are waiting for us in the heaven, let us send them the gift of our sincere prayers (which they need)

Leave a comment:

• Submit To Peace
    replied
    At Day's End

Is anybody happier because you passed his way? The day is almost over and its toiling is through;
    Is there anyone to utter now a kindly word to you?
    Does anyone remember that you spoke to him today?
    Can you say tonight, in parting with the day thats slipping fast,
    That you helped a single brother of the many that you passed?
    Did you waste the day, or lose it?
    Was it well or sorely spent?
    Is a single heart rejoicing over what you did or said?
    Does the man whose hopes were fading now with courage look ahead?
    Did you leave a trail of kindness, or a scar of discontent?
    As you close your eyes in slumber, do you think that God will say, you have earned one more tomorrow by the work you did today?

Leave a comment:

• Submit To Peace
    replied
    It depends whose hands it's in

A basketball in my hands is worth about $19.
    A basketball in Michael Jordan's hands is worth about $33 million.

A baseball in my hands is worth about $6.
    A baseball in Mark McGuire's hands is worth $19 million.

A tennis racket is useless in my hands.
    A tennis racket in Venue Williams' hands is a Championship Winning.

A rod in my hands will keep away a wild animal.
    A rod in Hazrat Musa's (a.s) hands will part the mighty sea.

Two fish and 5 loaves of bread in my hands is a couple of fish sandwiches.
    Two fish and 5 loaves of bread in Allah's hands will feed thousands.

As you see now it depends whose hands it's in.
    So put your concerns, your worries, your fears,
    your hopes, your dreams, your families and your
    relationships in Allah's hands because

It depends whose hands it's in.

Leave a comment:

• Submit To Peace
    replied
    Two Choices

Imran was always in a good mood and always had something positive to say. When asked how he was doing, he would reply, "If I were any better, I would be twins!"

He was a unique manager because he had several waiters who had followed him around from restaurant to restaurant, because he was a natural motivator. If an employee was having a bad day, Imran was there telling the employee how to look on the positive side of the situation.

One day I asked him, "You can't be a positive person all of the time. How do you do it?" Imran replied, "Each morning I say to myself, Imran, you have two choices today. You can choose to be in a good mood or in a bad mood. I choose to be in a good mood. Each time something bad happens, I can choose to be a victim or I can learn from it. I choose to learn from it. Every time someone comes to me complaining, I can choose to accept their complaining or I can point out the positive side of life. I choose the positive side of life."
    "It's not that easy," I protested. "Yes it is," Imran said. "Life is all about choices. When you cut away all the junk, every situation is a choice. You choose how you react to situations. You choose how people will affect your mood. The bottom line: It's your choice how you live life." I reflected on what Imran said. Soon thereafter, I left the restaurant industry to start my own business. We lost touch, but often thought about him when I made a choice about life instead of reacting to it.

Several years later, I heard that Imran did something you are never supposed to do in a restaurant business. He left the back door open one morning and was held up at gun point by three armed robbers. While trying to open the safe, his hand, shaking from nervousness, slipped off the combination. The robbers panicked and shot him. Luckily, Imran was found relatively quickly and rushed to the local trauma centre. After 18 hours of surgery and weeks of intensive care, Imran was released from the hospital with fragments of the bullets still in his body.

I saw Imran about six months after the accident. When I asked him how he was, he said, "If I were any better, I'd be twins. Wanna see my scars?" I declined to see his wounds, but did ask him what had gone through his mind as the robbery took place. "The first thing that went through my mind was that I should have locked the back door," Imran replied. "Then, as I lay on the floor, I remembered that I had two choices: I could choose to live, or I could choose to die. I chose to live. "Weren't you scared? Did you lose consciousness?" I asked. Imran continued, "The paramedics were great. They kept telling me I was going to be fine. But when they wheeled me into the emergency room and I saw the expressions on the faces of the doctors and nurses, I got really scared. In their eyes, I read, 'He's a dead man." I knew I needed to take action." "What did you do?" I asked. "Well, a nurse was shouting questions at me," said Imran. "She asked if I was allergic to anything. 'Yes,' I replied. The doctors and nurses stopped working as they waited for my reply. I took a deep breath and yelled, 'Bullets!' Over their laughter, I told them, "I am choosing to live. Operate on me as if I am alive, not dead." Imran lived thanks to the blessings of Allah, the skill of his doctors, but also because of his amazing attitude. I learned from him that every day we have the choice to live fully.

Attitude, after all, is everything.

author unknown

Leave a comment:

• Submit To Peace
    replied
    True RICHES

Do you know anybody who buy a lottery in your country? Most people like the idea of having money spill out of a price bond into their pockets, but that's not likely to happen.

Even though most of us don't buy price bonds or lottery and some of us don't have a high paying job, we are rich because we possess a treasure greater than money. It provides great joy, it helps me get to heaven, and it can change my life on earth. It's free and available to anyone. It's a love letter that touches our heart and written by the all-powerful creator of the world. It's the Holy Quran.

If Allah suddenly appeared before us and wanted to chat, wouldn't we drop everything and pay close attention to what He had to say? Yet, we have a written message from Him and many of us ignore it. We would get excited about meeting the president, famous athletes, or movie stars. Why don't we show the same enthusiasm and awe when we encounter the highest power in the universe through His written words?

Is our Quran hidden away on a shelf? Do we even own one?

Do we appreciate the treasure that's sitting on our cupboard collecting dust? Do we take advantage of our freedom to study the wisdom contained in this book?

I don't need to buy a price bond or lottery for riches. The greatest treasure in this world is available to me wherever I am. It may be as close as my corner bookshelf.

Leave a comment:

• Submit To Peace
    replied
    Life is Like Baking a Cake

A little boy is telling his Grandma how "everything" is going wrong. School, family problems, health problems, problems with friends, etc.

Meanwhile, Grandma is baking a cake. She asks her grandson if he would like a snack, which, of course, he does.

"Here, have some cooking oil." "Yuck" says the boy.

"How about a couple raw eggs? " "Gross, Grandma!"

"Would you like some flour then? Or maybe baking soda?"

"Grandma, those are all yucky!"

To which Grandma replies: "Yes, all those things seem bad all by themselves. But when they are put together in the right way, they make a wonderfully delicious cake!

God works the same way. Many times we wonder why he would let us go through such bad and difficult times.

But Allah knows that when He puts these things all in His order, they always work for good! We just have to trust Him and make positive efforts to our level BEST, eventually, they will all make something wonderful!"

Allah hears all our Du'as. Whenever you want to talk, He'll listen and Hear. He is As-Baseerul, Sameer - The Seerer, The Hearer.

"And when My servants ask you concerning Me, then surely I am very near; I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he calls on Me, so they should answer My call and believe in Me that they may walk in the right way"
    [surah al-Baqarah; 2:186]

Leave a comment:

• Submit To Peace
    replied
    Arguments with beloved ones

Though at times we may have misunderstandings and arguments with them, at the end of any heated discussion we should always leave them with loving words. It may be the last time we see them, ever!

Life is very short and uncertain. No matter how much we feel that we were provoked to be rude at any stage of a discussion, at the end we ourselves are responsible for what we do and say, no matter how we feel. Because either we control your attitude or it controls us.

At times we might even be tempted to think that they are not sincere with us, but we need to remember one thing. Just because someone doesn't love us the way we want him/ her it doesn't mean s/he don't love us with all s/he have.

Anyone can criticize, condemn, and complain in an argument but it takes character and self control to be understanding and forgiving.

Leave a comment:

• Submit To Peace
    replied
    The Sacrifice

I heard it from a well known religious scholar. I just wanted to share with you all.

May Allah forgive me if I make any mistake in conveying.

Once an old man came to know that his son had gone to the Prophet (saw) and made a complaint that his father spends money from his earnings without his permission. When a person came to that old man and informed him that the Prophet (saw) wants to talk to him regarding this matter, he became very sad...

He emotionally said few words in his heart.

When the man came in front of the Prophet (saw), the Prophet (saw) said to him politely." Allah has told me to ask you to share with me what you said in your heart at the time when you heard that your son has made a complaint to me against yourself".

The old man smiled with tears in his eyes and said, " O' Prophet (saw)! your Lord is so great that he even heard the words which I only thought in my heart"

Then the old man very emotionally started speaking "When my son was born. I was not having enough money to feed my family. I used to be satisfied to go to sleep with empty stomach because my son was having a sound sleep with filled stomach.

When he used to wakeup at night and cry due to hunger. I used to forget my

sleep and go here and there to find any means through which I can feed my son.

When he used to be ill. I used to forget all my pains and run after the doctors

pleading them to give my son some medicine.

When he was at ease and happy, I used to forget all my sorrows and pains and used to feel happy.

When he was in pain and unhappy, I used to feel the pain and could not rest till the time I could see him happy and comfortable.........

"Stop!....Please..Stop!.." said the Prophet (saw)

The old man looked up.

He could see the eyes of the Prophet filled with tears.

When the old man's son arrived.

The Prophet (saw) said to him " You and your money belongs to your father. He can do what ever he wants with it"

Leave a comment:

• Submit To Peace
    replied
    Receptive Nature

A king entrusted a tutor with the care of his son, saying: 'This is your son. Educate him as if he were one of your own children.' He kept the prince for some years and strove to instruct him but could effect nothing, whilst the sons of the tutor made the greatest progress in accomplishments and eloquence. The king reproved and threatened the learned man with punishment, telling him that he had acted contrary to his promise and had been unfaithful. He replied: 'O king, the instruction is the same but the natures are different.'

Although both silver and gold come from stones
    All stones do not contain silver and gold.
    Canopus is shining upon the whole world
    But produces in some places sack-leather and in others adim.

When a nature is originally receptive
    Instruction will take effect thereon.
    No kind of polishing will improve iron
    Whose essence is originally bad.
    Wash a dog in the seven oceans,
    He will be only dirtier when he gets wet.
    If the donkey of Jesus be taken to Mekkah
    He will on his return still be a donkey.

Source: The Gulistan of Sa'adi

Some people are blessed with a receptive nature, others are able to achieve it with sincere intentions, efforts and prayers.

Leave a comment:

• Submit To Peace
    replied
    .....Proactive Thinking....

A boy was born to a couple after eleven years of marriage. They were a loving couple and the boy was the gem of their eyes. When the boy was around two years old, one morning the husband saw a medicine bottle open. He was late for office so he asked his wife to cap the bottle and keep it in the cupboard. His wife, preoccupied in the kitchen totally forgot the matter.

The boy saw the bottle and playfully went to the bottle fascinated by its color and drank it all. It happened to be a poisonous medicine meant for adults in small dosages. When the child collapsed the mother hurried him to the hospital, where he died. The mother was stunned. She was terrified how to face her husband.

When the distraught father came to the hospital and saw the dead child, he looked at his wife and uttered just five words.

The husband just said "I am with you Darling"

The husband's totally unexpected reaction is a proactive behavior.
    The child is dead. He can never be brought back to life. There is no point in finding fault with the mother. Besides, if only he had taken time to keep the bottle away, this would not have happened.

No one is to be blamed. She had also lost her only child. What she needed at that moment was consolation and sympathy from the husband. That is what he gave her.

If everyone can look at life with this kind of perspective, there would be much fewer problems in the world. " A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Take off all your envies, jealousies, unforgiveness, selfishness, and fears. And you will find things are actually not as difficult as you think.

Leave a comment:

• Submit To Peace
    started a topic I say it, but I don't mean it

I say it, but I don't mean it

I have come across people who use different words as a habit in their daily life speech but when asked about it, they say, " I don't actually mean it"

A lot of them use abusive words in their mother tongue when angry, which I don't want to mention here. Most of the people here might already know them.

Years ago I came across a stunning news about a mother and a daughter in Pakistan who used to argue a lot in daily life matters. Usually with the intention of finishing the argument the mother used to say in frustration, " Either you die or kill me"

Once when the mother used this sentence at the peak of a harsh argument, the daughter quietly and slowly went upstairs to her room. When after some time the mother felt guilty and went upstairs to talk to her daughter to cool down the situation, she saw her daughter hanging with the fan with her tongue outside (It was really painful as the journalist of the newspaper had also posted her picture in the hanging position, which he should have not done)

I wondered at that time how the mother would live the rest of her life with the guilt of killing her daughter with the habit of wrong selection of words to finish the harsh arguments.
Working...
X