I say it, but I don't mean it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

True test of Character

JazakAllah khair everyone for the kind words of encouragement.
    ======================

True test of Character

At mid night when he felt bored of studying and didn't feel like sleeping, he looked around to find something to entertain himself. He turned on the TV and went through all the channels but could not find anything interesting. His siblings and parents were sleeping so he couldn't pass his time by talking to anyone. In frustration when he returned to the computer room and opened the drawer, he found the CD his class fellow had given him, whose words he could still recall. " Just try it once, you won't regret. You haven't seen something like that before". As he knew his class fellow was not a person with a good reputation so he wanted to reject but as he was in a hurry and could not come up with an excuse, he accepted it.

He soon realized it was a movie, his sixth sense warned him of something wrong. His heart was beating very hard, a voice inside him was warning him to stop but the intense curiosity took hold of him. Suddenly he pressed the escape button but it was too late. His eyes had already caught the glimpse of something. Something evil but exciting. He was siting there thinking if he should continue in order to get rid of boredom and pass the time, or should he just stop. By now he had understood what the CD was all about. He knew Allah had blessed him with a lot of respect due to which he enjoyed the reputation of a pious person among his friends and family. But now it was the real test of his character, as developing a good impression in front of people around him was easy, but he couldn't deceive the angels and jins watching him. He would feel ashamed of taking any such step in front of his parents, relatives and friends but the questions to be answered was,

Was he ashamed of doing such an act when he knew the ultimate lord (who matters the most) is watching him ?

If he took this step now, the devil would dare to go in front of Allah (s.w.t) and ask, "Is he the same pious person You liked a lot ?"
    Read not to contradict and confute, not to believe and take for granted, not to find talk and discourse, but to weigh and consider. Inhale positive, exhale negative

Comment

The heaviest of the moments....

He was perspiring very had due to excitement as he rushed through a crowd of people in the hope of meeting "that person". That person who always lived in his heart, but now that the time of meeting was very close, he felt as if his heart and mind would explode due to joy.....

But suddenly a thought struck his soul like a thunder bolt, causing his feet to come to a stand still. His fearful eyes quickly went through the book he was holding in his hand, as if he was hopeful of finding something valuable from it. He was so lost in reading the book that he didn't even realize in which hand he was holding it...As he continued to read, all his passion was extracted from his body in the form of tears of blood dripping on the pages of the book.

There he was, just few moments away from the greatest of the meetings, but standing in the form of a dead body just very small distance away from the meeting place.

His mind was echoing with random words "What if, I wish, just another chance...."

BUT he knew now nothing could be done. The greatest of the moments had finally arrived, but he is not ready to face it. WHY ??!

The question that extracted all energy from his body was:

"What if the Prophet (saw) wants to have a look at your book of deeds during the meeting ?????"
      Read not to contradict and confute, not to believe and take for granted, not to find talk and discourse, but to weigh and consider. Inhale positive, exhale negative

Comment

I feared until.....

I feared being alone until
        I learned to like myself.

I feared failure until I realised that
        I only fail when I don't try.

I feared success until I realised
        that I had to try in order to be happy with myself.

I feared people's opinions until
        I learned that people would
        have opinions about me anyway.

I feared rejection until I learned to
        have faith in myself.

I feared pain until I learned that
        it's necessary for growth.

I feared the truth until I saw the
        ugliness in lies.

I feared life until I experienced its
        beauty.

I feared death until I realised that it's
        not an end, but a beginning.

I feared my destiny, until I realised that
        I had the power to change my life.

I feared hate until I saw that it was
        nothing more than ignorance.

I feared love until it touched my heart,
        making the darkness fade into endless
        sunny days.

I feared ridicule until I learned how to
        laugh at myself.

I feared growing old until I realised that
        I gained wisdom every day.

I feared the future until I realized that
        life just kept getting better.

I feared the past until I realised that
        it could no longer hurt me.

I feared the dark until I saw the
        beauty of the starlight.

I feared the light until I learned that the
        truth would give me strength.

I feared change, until I saw that
        even the most beautiful butterfly
        had to undergo a metamorphosis
        before it could fly.

Auther: Unknown

Comment

Difference

As the old man walked the beach at dawn, he noticed a young man ahead of him picking up starfish and flinging them into the sea. Finally catching up with the youth, he asked him why he was doing this. The answer was that the stranded starfish would die if left until the morning sun.

"But the beach goes on for miles and miles and there are millions of starfish," countered the other. "How can your effort make any difference?"

The young man looked at the starfish in his hand and then threw it to safety in the waves. "It makes a difference to this one," he said.

Comment

Comment

Stay Sharp !

Once upon a time a very strong woodcutter asked for a job in a timber merchant, and he got it. The pay was really good and so were the work conditions. For that reason,the woodcutter was determined to do his best.

His boss gave him an axe and showed him the area where he was supposed to work. The first day, the woodcutter brought 18 trees.

"Congratulations," the boss said. "Go on that way!" Very motivated for the boss' words, the woodcutter try harder the next day,but he only could bring 15 trees. The third day he try even harder, but he only could bring 10 trees. Day after day he was bringing less and less trees.

"I must be losing my strength", the woodcutter thought. He went to the boss and apologized, saying that he could not understand what was going on.

"When was the last time you sharpened your axe?" the boss asked. "Sharpen? I had no time to sharpen my axe. I have been very busy trying to cut trees."

Our lives are like that. We sometimes get so busy that we don't take time to sharpen the axe." In today's world, it seems that everyone is busier than ever, but less happy than ever. Why is that? Could it be that we have forgotten how to stay sharp?

There's nothing wrong with activity and hard work. But God doesn't want us to get so busy that we neglect the truly important things in life, like taking time to pray, to read. We all need time to relax, to think and meditate, to learn and grow.

If we don't take time to sharpen the axe, we will become dull and lose our effectiveness. So start today. Think about the ways by which you could do your job more effectively and add a lot of value to it.

Comment

When you thought I wasn't looking...

A message every parent should read, because your children and grandchildren are watching you and doing as you "do", not as you "say".....

"When you thought I wasn't
                looking, I saw you hang my first painting
                on the refrigerator, and I
                immediately wanted to paint another one.

When you thought I wasn't
                looking I saw you feed a stray cat, and I
                learned that it was good to be
                kind to animals.

looking, I saw you make my favorite cake
                for me and I learned that little
                things can be the special things in
                life.

looking, I saw you make a meal and take it
                to a friend who was sick, and I
                learned that we all have to help take
                care of each other.

looking, I saw you give of your time and
                money to help people who had nothing
                and I learned that those who have
                something should give to those
                who don't.

looking, I felt you kiss me good night and
                I felt loved and safe.

looking, I saw you take care of our house
                and everyone in it and I learned we
                have to take care of what we are
                given.

looking, I saw how you handled your
                responsibilities, even when you
                didn't feel good and learned that I
                would have to be responsible
                when I grow up.

looking, I saw tears come from your eyes
                and I learned that sometimes things
                hurt, but it's all right to cry.

looking, I saw that you cared and I wanted
                to be everything that I could be.

looking, I learned most of life's lessons
                that I need to know to be a good and
                productive person when I grow up.

looking, I looked at you and wanted to say,
                "Thanks for all the things I
                saw when you thought I wasn't looking."

Each of us, parent, grandparent, aunt, uncle, or friend, influences the life of a child.

Comment

Comment

Beauty Contest

A successful beauty product company asked the people in a large city to send pictures along with brief letters about the most beautiful women they knew. With in a few weeks thousands of letters were delivered to the company.
                    One letter in particular caught the attention of the employees and soon it was handed to the company president. The letter was written by a young boy who obviously was from a broken home, living in a run-down neighborhood. With spelling corrections, an excerpt from his letter read: "A beautiful woman lives down the street from me. I visit her every day. She makes me feel like the most important kid in the world. We play checkers and she listens to my problems. She understands me and when I leave she always yells out the door that she's proud of me."

The boy ended his letter saying, "This picture shows you that she is the most beautiful woman. I hope I have a wife as pretty as her."
                    Intrigued by the letter, the president asked to see this woman's picture. His secretary handed him a photograph of a smiling, toothless woman, well-advanced in years, sitting in a wheelchair. Sparse gray hair was pulled back in a bun and wrinkles that formed deep furrows on her face were somehow diminished by the twinkle in her eyes.
                    "We can't use this woman," explained the president, smiling. "She would show the world that our products aren't necessary to be beautiful."

Only if these companies realize that inner beauty is a lot more important and valuable than outer beauty. A woman is not a sexual object or a decoration piece to be painted, exposed and displayed, and used to attract customers because she is a symbol of grace and elegance when she is covered. Her physical beauty will diminish with time but something which would remain forever is her inner beauty which is something greater than the whole universe only if she protects her "modesty" and "bashfulness"

Comment

A Chance to Start Over

It was a cold December night in West Orange, New Jersey. Thomas Edison's factory was humming with activity. Work was proceeding on a variety of fronts as the great inventor was trying to turn more of his dreams into practical realities. Edison's plant, made of concrete and steel, was deemed "fireproof". As you may have already guessed, it wasn't!

On that frigid night in 1914, the sky was lit up by a sensational blaze that had burst through the plant roof. Edison's 24-year-old son, Charles, made a frenzied search for his famous inventor-father. When he finally found him, he was watching the fire. His white hair was blowing in the wind. His face was illuminated by the leaping flames. "My heart ached for him," said Charles. "Here he was, 67 years old, and everything he had worked for was going up in flames. When he saw me, he shouted, 'Charles! Where's your mother?' When I told him I didn't know, he said, 'Find her! Bring her here! She'll never see anything like this as long as she lives.'"

Next morning, Mr. Edison looked at the ruins of his factory and said this of his loss: "There's value in disaster. All our mistakes are burned up. Thank God, we can start anew."

What a wonderful perspective on things that seem at first to be so disastrous. A business failure, divorce, personal dream gone sour . . . whether these things destroy an individual depends largely on the attitude he or she takes toward them. Sort out why it happened, and learn something from the blunders. Think of different approaches that can be taken.

Start over.

Comment

Re: Beauty Contest

very nice and tru mashallah

:jkk:
                        check out this blog>>>http://myworldmuslimah.wordpress.com/

Comment

The Weather

A psychologist came to a frightening conclusion on an immediate aspect of the impact an elder person can have on the youngsters around him: the creation of a positive or negative physical and emotional environment that can determine the quality of a child's life.

"As a teacher, I am the decisive element in the classroom. My personal approach creates the climate. My daily mood makes the weather. I possess a tremendous power to make a child's life miserable or joyous. I can be a tool of torture or an instrument of inspiration. I can humiliate or humor, hurt or heal. It is my response that decides whether a crisis will be escalated or de-escalated, and a child humanized or dehumanized."

Yet as profound as this observation is for professional educators, it's even more so for parents. A parent's power to create the daily climate and lasting environment in which a child grows is so awesome it must be used consciously and responsibly.

Since our daily moods make the weather, we should try to shield our children from the thunder and lightning of our frustrations and anger. Instead of the dark clouds of cynicism, fear and depression, we should discipline our own emotions and give them the light and warmth of love, hope and good cheer. Conscious efforts to be positive, enthusiastic, and supportive can have a huge impact not only on the emotional well-being of our children, but on their ability to experience the joys and pains of childhood in healthy and constructive ways.

Comment

Re: Beauty Contest

Mashallah that was really nice and had alot of truth in it.

Jazakallah Khair for posting.
                            Give me a clear vision, that I may know where to stand and what to stand for - because unless I stand for something, I will fall for anything.

Comment

True Love and Metaphorical Love Compared

Majnun's real name was Qais. His story falls in the period of Hadrat Hasan(ra). Qais was deeply taken by Laila. He once met Hadrat Hasan(ra) who said, Qais, I have made peace with Amir Mu'awiyah(ra). I have handed the reigns of leadership to those suited for it. Qais kept silent for a while. Hadrat Hasan asked him, What are you thinking about? He replied, I was thinking that the governorship actually suits Laila. Upon hearing this Hadrat Hasan stated, You are crazy[ Anta Majnun]! and from then on he became known as Majnun.

One of the greatest stories of love between man and a woman is that of Laila and Majnun. Due to its fame, 'ishq laila [ love for Laila] has become another term for ishq majazi[metaphorical love] as Majnun's love for Laila is symbolic of the love of worldly objects.

Once Majnun's father told him, Because of you I have had to face considerable disgrace. The tales of your infatuation have spread far and wide. Come, I will take you to the Sacred Ka'bah. There, you can sincerely repent for your sins. When Majnun reached the sacred Ka'bah, he clasped the shroud of the Ka'bah and supplicated: O Allah, I repent of all my sins,But I repent not of my love of Laila. When his father heard him say this, he looked angrily at him. Then Majnun recited another couplet:

O Lord, never remove my love for her,And have mercy upon that person who says amen for my supplication.

Once a person saw Majnun kissing the feet of a dog. He asked Majnun, Why are you doing that? Majnun replied, This dog has just come from the street on which Laila lives. That is why I am kissing its feet. What else can such an obsessed and insane person be called except for Majnun [crazy]!

Majnun used to circle the street where Laila lived, reciting the following couplets:

I circle the walls of the house of LailaSometimes I kiss this wall, sometimes I kiss that one,It is not love for these walls that has infatuated my heart,But the love of who lives within them.

Once, the mayor of the city thought that he should actually see with his own eyes the girl whom Majnun's love have made famous. When Laila was brought before him, he was astounded to see that she was just an ordinary girl without any extraordinary features, figure, or complexion. He said to her, You are no prettier than any other girl. She retorted, Keep quiet. You are not Majnun. It is for this reason that the metaphorical lover claims that Laila should be beheld by the eyes of Majnun.

True love is permissible and is an act of worship [ibadah]; whereas metaphorical love is impermissible and sinful.True love secures one's religion as well as worldly life; whereas metaphorical love destroys them.True love will one day result in meeting the Beloved (saws) whereas metaphorical love will one day result in separation from the beloved.True love illuminates the heart; whereas metaphorical love darkens it..True love breathes life into the heart; whereas metaphorical love brings it death.True love brings one respect and honor; whereas metaphorical love leads one to disgrace.True love's fervor is everlasting; whereas metaphorical love's zeal is temporary.In true love the lover's final adobe is Heaven [Jannah]; whereas in metaphorical love the lover's final adobe is Hell [Jahannam].True love's road is one on which all difficulties are endured easily; whereas in metaphorical love every difficulty is a punishment.In true love the lovers' faces glow with the freshness of spring; whereas in metaphorical love the lovers' faces cast the dreariness of winter.

True love ['Ishq Haqiqi] refers to love for Allah swt, while metaphoric love ['Ishq Majazi] refers to love for creation when it exists for the sake of fulfilling one's base desires. In short, true love is love of Allah swt, Lord of the universe, and metaphorical love is love for creation.Metaphorical Love:Allah, the Lord of the worlds, has placed an instinctive mutual attraction between men and women. However, He has also placed some restrictions and conditions for their relationships. If they live within these limits, they will be rewarded. If they exceed these limits, they will be punished. When purification of the soul [ tazkiyah al-nafs ] is not achieved, a man's mind is always preoccupied with thoughts women. Similarly, women may be captivated by men. Even if the whole world praises the beauty of a certain woman, she herself can become infatuated with the physical beauty of one man.

Love for Allah By Shaykh Zulfiqar Ahmad (db)

Comment

Re: Transform Yourself From Victim to Creator

please post in ur thread here, instead of making so many new topics and making work for us
                                .: Rufaida :.
                                .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
                                http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
                                “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
                                but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
                                ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
                                <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Working...
                                X