Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I discipline myself?

Salaams

To cut a long story short....................

Me and the boss had argument.
    He sent an email claiming I had agreed to something after the argument.
    I replied to the email and let out months of stress in about 2 paragraphs!!
    The boss called me into his office and we had a heated and sometimes less heated one and a half hour 'chat'.
    He agreed I was right (:D) and now we are cool.

BUT

What methods can I use so not to 'snap' and put all my built up feelings into an email?

I know this is smiliar to the "......STRESSED" thread so I apologise in advance :o

Re: How do I discipline myself?

Remember the loss in losing Rasoolullah :saw: and your calamities become insignificant.
    "Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes"

Comment

Originally posted by Ibrahim70 View Post
      Salaams

To cut a long story short....................

Me and the boss had argument.
      He sent an email claiming I had agreed to something after the argument.
      I replied to the email and let out months of stress in about 2 paragraphs!!
      The boss called me into his office and we had a heated and sometimes less heated one and a half hour 'chat'.
      He agreed I was right (:D) and now we are cool.

BUT

What methods can I use so not to 'snap' and put all my built up feelings into an email?

I know this is smiliar to the "......STRESSED" thread so I apologise in advance :o
      :wswrwb: try not to bottle things up i guess is the answer and get it sorted issue by issue, although thats easier said than done in my experience because i take it, and take it and take it, always giving ppl the benefit of the doubt, and then they push the final limit and bang enough i have to say something. just try not to let ppl take advantage of u, maybe this is where the problem lies because it is so frustrating when u give ur all, and put up with so much , and ppl still want more from u.
      Last edited by *asiya*; 30-10-08, 06:42 PM.
      "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Originally posted by RashidD View Post
        Remember the loss in losing Rasoolullah :saw: and your calamities become insignificant.
        Originally posted by `asiya View Post
        :wswrwb: try not to bottle things up i guess is the answer and get it sorted issue by issue, although thats easier said than done in my experience because i take it, and take it and take it, always giving ppl the benefit of the doubt, and then they push the final limit and bang enough i have to say something. just try not to let ppl take advantage of u, maybe this is where the problem lies because it is so frustrating when u give ur all, and put up with so much and ppl still want more from u.
        Yes thats very true Sis.

I work soooooooooooooo hard for this company, put in all the hours Allah grants me BUT get no reward or thanks other than the knowledge that I have less to do the next morning...................but then I get into work and the workload builds up again

So I should...............
        • Remember the Prophet Mohammed (saw)
        • Not build up all this anger but deal with issues when they arise.

:jkk: :)

Any more suggestions?

Comment

Salaams

Hey I was just checking my emails and came across this that was sent me to me earlier today but I didnt see it till now.................

From the Qur'an
          {Allah will grant a way out for anyone who heeds Him, and
          provide for him in a manner he could have never anticipated.
          Allah is enough for anyone who relies on Him; Allah will
          accomplish His purpose. Allah has granted everything in due
          proportion.}
          ~ Surat Talaq 65/2-3

[Lessons from these verses] Do the right thing, do what you know
          is pleasing to Allah, and success will be yours.

:D nice advice :D

Comment

:wswrwb:

Close your eyes, count back from ten. If your really angry, count backwards from 100
            It is narrated on the authority of Jabir that he heard the (Holy Prophet)[:saw:] say: A Muslim is he from whose hand and tongue the Muslims are safe.
            -Muslim

Comment

Originally posted by Hiking View Post
              :wswrwb:

Close your eyes, count back from ten. If your really angry, count backwards from 100
              So today I should of counted back from 1,000,000 then?

Good advice Sis, I shall try that inshallah.

My problem today was that his email really bugged me so I snapped and wrote that email BUT didnt send it for another 30 minutes as I kept on saying to myself "am i being too rude?"............"should i say all that?".................but in the end I just thought "Oh to hell with it!!" and clicked the SEND button.

Comment

lol no, not from a million

Eh...well ya know what your s'posed to do when your angry, sit down/lie down. Maybe you shoulda gone for a walk in the cold?

I hate being stuck in moments like that, where you just need to act. What ya really need to do is by some sort of miracle, look at the situation objectionally, only then can you judge what you should really do
                It is narrated on the authority of Jabir that he heard the (Holy Prophet)[:saw:] say: A Muslim is he from whose hand and tongue the Muslims are safe.
                -Muslim

Comment

Originally posted by Hiking View Post
                  lol no, not from a million

Eh...well ya know what your s'posed to do when your angry, sit down/lie down. Maybe you shoulda gone for a walk in the cold?

I hate being stuck in moments like that, where you just need to act. What ya really need to do is by some sort of miracle, look at the situation objectionally, only then can you judge what you should really do
                  I have a copy of the Quran sitting on my desk.............maybe in times of stress and anger I should just read a couple of pages of that to calm me down.

Comment

Originally posted by `asiya View Post
                    :wswrwb: try not to bottle things up i guess is the answer and get it sorted issue by issue, although thats easier said than done in my experience because i take it, and take it and take it, always giving ppl the benefit of the doubt, and then they push the final limit and bang enough i have to say something. just try not to let ppl take advantage of u, maybe this is where the problem lies because it is so frustrating when u give ur all, and put up with so much , and ppl still want more from u.
                    i think that that really is the best advice sis, to handle issues as they come and not to bottle them all up

and try talking to someone who is a good listener and gives good advice too

also i think it helps just to sit a little longer on your prayer rug after salat and just pour your heart out to Allah (swt)

we are all human beings and get frustrated, it is best to seek help from the ONE who blesses us with tests that should bring us closer to him ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Tahiyah View Post
                      i think that that really is the best advice sis, to handle issues as they come and not to bottle them all up

and try talking to someone who is a good listener and gives good advice too

also i think it helps just to sit a little longer on your prayer rug after salat and just pour your heart out to Allah (swt)

we are all human beings and get frustrated, it is best to seek help from the ONE who blesses us with tests that should bring us closer to him ;)
                      Nice post :)

You make a lot of sense and good points Sister :jkk: for sharing those thoughts.

Allah bless you

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                      X