pilfering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pilfering

When I was looking for a fatwa about the right os the child when the mother goes to work, I found this and its obvious once you read it but its something I've never thought about before! How many of us use stationary etc "taken" from work?

Can she use things that her father takes from work unlawfully?
    My problem is that my father works for one of the airline companies and sometimes he brings things home with him, either from the airplanes or from the airport. I tell him that this is not permissible and that it is haraam, and I say, “This doesn’t belong to you,” but he does not listen to my advice, even though he is religiously committed or he appears outwardly to be committed. I am trying to make him inwardly committed too, but he does not respond to me. I think that he does not accept that from me because I am his daughter and I am confused about the things that he brings home and I do not use them. But sometimes I am forced to use them because he does not buy them from the market, on the grounds that we already have them, but they are from a haraam source. What is the ruling on these things? If I use them unwillingly or because I am forced to, what is the ruling?

Praise be to Allaah.

Your question covers two issues:

1 – Your father taking things that belong to his work without permission.

2 – Your using this property that your father has brought home.

1 – With regard to your father, it is haraam for him to take something without the permission of its owner, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And eat up not one another’s property unjustly (in any illegal way, e.g. stealing, robbing, deceiving)”

[al-Baqarah 2:188]

And the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “It is not permissible for you to take the property of a Muslim except with his consent.” (Narrated by Ahmad, 201172). On this basis, you have to advise your father to return these things to their owner; he will be a sinner unless he does that. If he does not know who the owner is, then he should give them in charity.

2 – With regard to other members of the household apart from your father, it is not permissible for them to use these things, because they have been taken unlawfully, except in cases of necessity where a person fears that he will miss out on some benefit or he fears losing a limb or his life. In this case it is permitted but only as much as is necessary.

Shaykh Khaalid ibn ‘Ali al-Mushayqih – Assistant Professor at Imaam Muhammad ibn Sa’ood University, al-Qaseem

Recipes for all the family :inlove:
    (and you thought I was a lazy feminazi which can't cook?)

Re: pilfering

:jkk: sis very important issue, i also feel this goes for doing things during working hours when u are being paid to work..

ie: sitting on ummah forum
    "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Originally posted by naila-k View Post
      When I was looking for a fatwa about the right os the child when the mother goes to work, I found this and its obvious once you read it but its something I've never thought about before! How many of us use stationary etc "taken" from work?

Can she use things that her father takes from work unlawfully?
      My problem is that my father works for one of the airline companies and sometimes he brings things home with him, either from the airplanes or from the airport. I tell him that this is not permissible and that it is haraam, and I say, “This doesn’t belong to you,” but he does not listen to my advice, even though he is religiously committed or he appears outwardly to be committed. I am trying to make him inwardly committed too, but he does not respond to me. I think that he does not accept that from me because I am his daughter and I am confused about the things that he brings home and I do not use them. But sometimes I am forced to use them because he does not buy them from the market, on the grounds that we already have them, but they are from a haraam source. What is the ruling on these things? If I use them unwillingly or because I am forced to, what is the ruling?

Praise be to Allaah.

Your question covers two issues:

1 – Your father taking things that belong to his work without permission.

2 – Your using this property that your father has brought home.

1 – With regard to your father, it is haraam for him to take something without the permission of its owner, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And eat up not one another’s property unjustly (in any illegal way, e.g. stealing, robbing, deceiving)”

[al-Baqarah 2:188]

And the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “It is not permissible for you to take the property of a Muslim except with his consent.” (Narrated by Ahmad, 201172). On this basis, you have to advise your father to return these things to their owner; he will be a sinner unless he does that. If he does not know who the owner is, then he should give them in charity.

2 – With regard to other members of the household apart from your father, it is not permissible for them to use these things, because they have been taken unlawfully, except in cases of necessity where a person fears that he will miss out on some benefit or he fears losing a limb or his life. In this case it is permitted but only as much as is necessary.

Shaykh Khaalid ibn ‘Ali al-Mushayqih – Assistant Professor at Imaam Muhammad ibn Sa’ood University, al-Qaseem
      yes sis, an important but ignored issue. i think we must be careful abt it lest we have to pay for it in akhirah.
      :shahadah:

Comment

its blatant stealing, whichever way you look at it, even if its a bunch of paper clips i want, i will always ask my manager (dont care if i get weird looks!) and they say yes each time anyway, not worth the hassle
        The Prophet SAW said, "(There are2words which R dear 2 the most gracious (Allah SWT)&very easy4the tongue2say but very heavy in the balance.They are:Subhan Allahi Wa Bihamdihi - Subhan Allahil-Azim

Comment

doesnt it depend on the attitude of those u work for, some ppl are ok with it like they keep the stationary for the ppl to use, if u want to take a pen for home they dont mind. if ur not busy for few mins u can use net, they dnt mind...
          surely only if done in a sneaky way it wil b a problem?
          .: Rufaida :.
          .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
          http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
          “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
          but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
          ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
          <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Free time during working hours and contributing to Ummah forum would not cheat anybody
            However taking home employer's property or any asset (even if most do it) is definitely unethical. One would not dare do it in the open.

Comment

Originally posted by .: Anna :. View Post
              doesnt it depend on the attitude of those u work for, some ppl are ok with it like they keep the stationary for the ppl to use, if u want to take a pen for home they dont mind. if ur not busy for few mins u can use net, they dnt mind...
              exactly anna, i agree
              Some of The Best Dhikr

1. Quran: Ultimately, the best dhikr is reading the Quran.

Reward: You will be rewarded 10 rewards for every letter read. This prize basically illustrates the weight of the Quran in terms of where it should be in your life.

2. SubhanAllah or SubhanAllah wa bihamdihi (“I praise Allah (or All praise if to Allah) above all attributes that do not suit His Majesty.”)

Reward: A tree will be planted for you in Paradise. Nice! Start growing your own forest right now! Another hadith relates that whoever says this 100 times a day, his/her sins will be forgiven even if they were as much as the foam of the sea [Bukhari].

3. Alhamdulillah (“All praise is for Allah.”)

Reward: Your scales will be tipped on the Day of Judgment, full of rewards!

4. SubhanAllah wal hamdulillah, wa la ilahaillAllah wa Allahu akbar “I praise Allah (or All Praise if to Allah) above all attributes that do not suit His Majesty. All praise is for Allah. This is no deity worthy of worship besides Allah. Allah is Great.”

Reward: This combination of dhikr is the one most beloved by Allah, subhana wa ta’ala. When you say them, sins fall off of you like leaves off of trees.

5. La hawla wa la quwwata illa billah (“There is no power or might except (by) Allah.”)

Reward: You will enter through a special door in Paradise for those who oft use this remembrance.

6. SubhanAllah (x33), Alhamdulillah (x33), Allahu akbar (x34). Can be recited after salah and before you go to bed/sleep. (“I praise Allah (or All praise if to Allah) above all attributes that do not suit His Majesty. All praise is to Allah. Allah is Great.”)

Reward: We know that this dhikr is said after each salah, but when Fatima raḍyAllāhu 'anha (may Allāh be pleased with her) the daughter of the Prophet came to her father requesting a servant to help with the household, the Messenger of Allah ṣallallāhu 'alayhi wa sallam (peace and blessings of Allāh be upon him) told her to repeat the dhikr before her sleep and the results would be better than having a servant.

7. Astaghfirullah (“I seek Allah’s forgiveness.”)

Reward: You will get protection from Allah’s punishment. In Surah Nuh, ayah 10-12, Allah relates the story of Prophet Nuh and how he instructed his people to seek Allah’s forgiveness. If they would just say “astagfirullah,” Allah would sent them rain in abundance, and increase their wealth and children, and give them gardens and rivers in Paradise.

8. Ayahtul-Kursi [2:255].

Reward: When you recite this verse before you go to sleep, Allah sends a guardian to you and no shaytan will come to you until morning. Those who read this after each salah shall enter Paradise.

Comment

Originally posted by .: Anna :. View Post

salaam
                agree with the post above. If you take something you know ur not supposed to, then u will also know that its stealing (come on thers a thing called common sense)

Comment

and taking one bunch of paperclips is different from taking a bucket full!

Recipes for all the family :inlove:
                  (and you thought I was a lazy feminazi which can't cook?)

Comment

Originally posted by `asiya View Post
                    :jkk: sis very important issue, i also feel this goes for doing things during working hours when u are being paid to work..

hmmm..well, what if i work from home and, i work for free

Comment

Originally posted by `asiya View Post

sis personal use of the internet at work, is something employers are aware of and some give leeway for you to use it for personal matters but within limits.

I dont think that can be compared to stealing office equipmentm, unless some is taking the blatant biscuit?
                      The Prophet SAW said, "(There are2words which R dear 2 the most gracious (Allah SWT)&very easy4the tongue2say but very heavy in the balance.They are:Subhan Allahi Wa Bihamdihi - Subhan Allahil-Azim

Comment

Originally posted by MG View Post
                        sis personal use of the internet at work, is something employers are aware of and some give leeway for you to use it for personal matters but within limits.

I dont think that can be compared to stealing office equipmentm, unless some is taking the blatant biscuit?
                        Allahu alam i dunno sis i just feel that if im paid to work then i`ll work, not make personal calls or be doing something thats not work related on my bosses time. then again i didnt do office work, so maybe they have different rules in each company as u said where they let ppl use it within limits.
                        "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Working...
                        X