Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tabligh (i.e Dawah)

I've not much time but

I started to go on Tabligh early on as a Muslim.
    It's a pretty good idea, it keeps us connected across the nations.

But I think it's yet another attempt to make all the verses and ahadith about jihad into something nonviolent.

I'm sure you've heard of the "4 months/ 40 days" ideas.

I believed it, but then I was outright shocked to just be reading in a book of sahabah stories that Umar saw a woman weeping, asked why, and she missed her husband. Her husband was on jihad, so he asked what is the longest she could bear to go without him. She said 4 months, so he thus decided that you can go out for 4 months fi sabeelillah and no greater.
    They take fi sabeelillah to mean go around travelling. In fact, in hadiths and the qur'an i've never heard that phrase used except jihad and sadaqah.

The 40 days? Someone came back from jihad who had recently went on an expedition. He asked how long that guy was out on the expedition, and he said 30 days. Umar then said you should have gone for 40 days, and set that as the minimum.

After seeing those two, and subsequently looking at all the hadiths and ayat that tabligh uses to back itself up, i found that almost all of it is about jihad. In fact, they even take that "one touched by dust fi sabeelillah will never come near the fires of hell" or something - and they think it's about them and not jihad.

Again, it's a great idea, and I like it. But I was much hurt to hear that it's largely another jihad cover-up.
    And fadaa'il 'amal is treated waaaayyy too preciously. I think it's pretty good, but I don't really see how it could be so spectacular that they replace the qur'an with it.
    اطلاق النار يا مسلمين

Comment

Originally posted by EndTheNifaaq View Post

And fadaa'il 'amal is treated waaaayyy too preciously. I think it's pretty good, but I don't really see how it could be so spectacular that they replace the qur'an with it.
      That means you have not read it.

http://www.esnips.com/doc/871f57a3-d...-Part-3/nsnext

http://www.esnips.com/doc/87642b1e-3...-Part-2/nsnext

http://www.esnips.com/doc/26c32574-d...-Part-1/nsprev
      Worship only the CREATOR, HE is One and HE is the SUSTAINER of the Universe. Do not worship any of HIS creations nor through HIS creations

Comment

I've not much time but

I started to go on Tabligh early on as a Muslim.
        It's a pretty good idea, it keeps us connected across the nations.

But I think it's yet another attempt to make all the verses and ahadith about jihad into something nonviolent.
        Absolute rubbish. Most of the stories in Hayatus Sahabah are of Sahabah going on battles and becoming Shaheed etc. How on earth are ANY of them made out to be pacifying in anyway and not portray the true sacrifices of the Sahabah?

I'm sure you've heard of the "4 months/ 40 days" ideas.

I believed it, but then I was outright shocked to just be reading in a book of sahabah stories that Umar saw a woman weeping, asked why, and she missed her husband. Her husband was on jihad, so he asked what is the longest she could bear to go without him. She said 4 months, so he thus decided that you can go out for 4 months fi sabeelillah and no greater.
        They take fi sabeelillah to mean go around travelling. In fact, in hadiths and the qur'an i've never heard that phrase used except jihad and sadaqah.
        4 months is a RECOMMENDED time from the LIGHT of ayats and narrations available to us. I re-iterate, RECOMMENDATION ...IN THE LIGHT..

I take it Imam Bukhari RA was trying to dilute the concept of Jihad when he classes as going to Jummah Salat as Jihad and Fisabilillah eh?

Qital is the specific word used for military fighting. Jihad itself has a broad application as agreed upon by Ulema.

[quote]The 40 days? Someone came back from jihad who had recently went on an expedition. He asked how long that guy was out on the expedition, and he said 30 days. Umar then said you should have gone for 40 days, and set that as the minimum.

After seeing those two, and subsequently looking at all the hadiths and ayat that tabligh uses to back itself up, i found that almost all of it is about jihad. In fact, they even take that "one touched by dust fi sabeelillah will never come near the fires of hell" or something - and they think it's about them and not jihad.
        Why would it not apply to Jihad. Maybe your thinking too much into these things has clouded your judgement.

Again, it's a great idea, and I like it. But I was much hurt to hear that it's largely another jihad cover-up.
        Jihad cover up? what a proposterous thing to accuse of. Fadhail E Amaal is just another kitaab compild of Quran ayats, hadith and stories of Sahabah. And why? To make us wanna follow their footsteps. Simple. Is it soooooo wrong to wanna encourage one another to follow the Quran, Sunnah and ways of Sahabah?

And replace the Quran?! subhanaAllah. Its lies like these which absolutely rile me up.

Comment

If you're going to be angry, that shows Shaytan. And if Shaytan is with you, he will close your mind.

So calm yourself and seek refuge.

Originally posted by Emelianenko View Post
          Absolute rubbish. Most of the stories in Hayatus Sahabah are of Sahabah going on battles and becoming Shaheed etc. How on earth are ANY of them made out to be pacifying in anyway and not portray the true sacrifices of the Sahabah?

4 months is a RECOMMENDED time from the LIGHT of ayats and narrations available to us. I re-iterate, RECOMMENDATION ...IN THE LIGHT..
          Almost everything I used in my post was from Hayatus Sahabah.
          By no means is it pacifying. In fact, when I was first a Muslim, I denied that jihad was meant to be violent. And reading the huge amoung of jihad narrations in here - and then subsequently finding more in bukhari and muslim - brought me to understand jihad.

I'm not saying their book is flawed, I'm saying that many - of course not all - many of them try to totally replace jihad with going out with da'wah. And that is something the book explicitly forbids, so those that do so are contrary to one of their books.

And the 4 months / 40 days is listed in Hayatus Sahabah.
          And the 4 months was set as the max that a mujahid could be away from his family.
          Yet I hear people putting undue pressure on other people that they need to go out for 4 months going city-to-city meeting at other masjids reading ahadith...which, for one, doesn't even require you leave your own city's masjid. They aren't making enough effort to spread Islam outside of their travelling circle.

And by no means does this apply to all of them. They're all over the world, and the ones I am disappointed by are the ones I have seen in my local, and I have seen many excuses online in favor of tabligh that involved replacing military jihad.

I remember the qur'an when it says that war is commanded of us, even though we may dislike it.
          اطلاق النار يا مسلمين

Comment

If you're going to be angry, that shows Shaytan. And if Shaytan is with you, he will close your mind.

So calm yourself and seek refuge.
            Jazakallah

Almost everything I used in my post was from Hayatus Sahabah.
            By no means is it pacifying. In fact, when I was first a Muslim, I denied that jihad was meant to be violent. And reading the huge amoung of jihad narrations in here - and then subsequently finding more in bukhari and muslim - brought me to understand jihad.
            Brother, in Hayatus Sahabah, their is a section called valour and heroism. If you are going to associate this book with pacifying Jihad, then please paste a story as such here to prove that it is pacifying it. And if this is not what you are implying, I am sorry, but then please do not send out unclear messages. If it is lay people who say ridiculous stuff, then attribute it to them alone and not a mass.

I'm not saying their book is flawed, I'm saying that many - of course not all - many of them try to totally replace jihad with going out with da'wah. And that is something the book explicitly forbids, so those that do so are contrary to one of their books.
            The only kitaab which has no flaws is the Quran. None has replaced Jihad, or such I say Qitaal, with dawah alone. It is a command in the Quran, how can one replace it? However, as I mentioned, if the likes of Imam Bukhari RA have classed going to Jummah salat as Jihad, then surely you can grasp that Jihad has many forms?

And the 4 months / 40 days is listed in Hayatus Sahabah.
            And the 4 months was set as the max that a mujahid could be away from his family.
            Max period for what reason? dont just read it literally, but understand the lessons from where this period was set by Umar RA. It was because as he was patrolling the streets he overheard a woman reciting couplets of how basically she misses her husband and her taqwa has saved her from the clutches of Shaytaan. Umar RA consulted his daughter as to how long a woman can remain away from her husband taking ones natural desires into consideration. The period was set out taking into mind the wives of the Mujahids. So if brothers go out today, not just to learn, but target Muslims and others who are VERY astray, and are told to not travel for 4months for the sake of their wives etc, how does this taint Jihad in anyway?

Yet I hear people putting undue pressure on other people that they need to go out for 4 months going city-to-city meeting at other masjids reading ahadith...which, for one, doesn't even require you leave your own city's masjid. They aren't making enough effort to spread Islam outside of their travelling circle.
            Well its not just about reading ahadith is it. A jamat went to Venezuela, 50days, 60 people became muslims. Is this wrong? Jamats going to areas where the likes of Red cross are working, is this wrong? Wallahi if you heard some of the feedback from Jamats that are going to some locations in the world, and the state of the Ummah, we wouldnt be arguing over such petty things and actually make worrying concern.

And by no means does this apply to all of them. They're all over the world, and the ones I am disappointed by are the ones I have seen in my local, and I have seen many excuses online in favor of tabligh that involved replacing military jihad.
            No one is saying replace it. Can one replace Salat with Quran? Sawm with Zakat? Hajj with Umra? No. We do all actions alongwith one another. Why is it if muslims focus on a certain area, ie education, zikr, Jihad, dawah, politics etc they must be slated?

I remember the qur'an when it says that war is commanded of us, even though we may dislike it.

Comment

Originally posted by Emelianenko View Post
              Jazakallah

Brother, in Hayatus Sahabah, their is a section called valour and heroism. If you are going to associate this book with pacifying Jihad, then please paste a story as such here to prove that it is pacifying it. And if this is not what you are implying, I am sorry, but then please do not send out unclear messages. If it is lay people who say ridiculous stuff, then attribute it to them alone and not a mass.

The only kitaab which has no flaws is the Quran. None has replaced Jihad, or such I say Qitaal, with dawah alone. It is a command in the Quran, how can one replace it? However, as I mentioned, if the likes of Imam Bukhari RA have classed going to Jummah salat as Jihad, then surely you can grasp that Jihad has many forms?

Max period for what reason? dont just read it literally, but understand the lessons from where this period was set by Umar RA. It was because as he was patrolling the streets he overheard a woman reciting couplets of how basically she misses her husband and her taqwa has saved her from the clutches of Shaytaan. Umar RA consulted his daughter as to how long a woman can remain away from her husband taking ones natural desires into consideration. The period was set out taking into mind the wives of the Mujahids. So if brothers go out today, not just to learn, but target Muslims and others who are VERY astray, and are told to not travel for 4months for the sake of their wives etc, how does this taint Jihad in anyway?

Well its not just about reading ahadith is it. A jamat went to Venezuela, 50days, 60 people became muslims. Is this wrong? Jamats going to areas where the likes of Red cross are working, is this wrong? Wallahi if you heard some of the feedback from Jamats that are going to some locations in the world, and the state of the Ummah, we wouldnt be arguing over such petty things and actually make worrying concern.

No one is saying replace it. Can one replace Salat with Quran? Sawm with Zakat? Hajj with Umra? No. We do all actions alongwith one another. Why is it if muslims focus on a certain area, ie education, zikr, Jihad, dawah, politics etc they must be slated?
              There must be a misunderstanding.

I'm saying that I have Hayatus Sahabah. Open, in front of me in fact.
              I'm not saying it pacifies jihad, what I said was that this book glorifies jihad, and they consider this part of their curriculum, yet there are still some who say violent jihad isn't a valid thing these days.

Yes, there are multiple forms of jihad. But the first and foremost form is not to be replaced. That doesn't mean nothing else is considered jihad, and that doesn't mean that you can do lots of alternate forms and be fine without the military form.

the 4 months thing
              Yes it is understandable to say that you cannot be away from the family for more than 4 months, even if you are not a mujahid as was the example.
              The problem is that they pressure us to go out for 4 months - which was a limit, not a recommendation [but going out for the max is still a good thing] - and very little is accomplished. As you said, there are many that make huge accomplishments. But most of the ones I see, here in America at least, just go to other masjids and read fadaail Amal once all the locals left the masjid.
              That's not giving dawah, and that's not something that requires you to be out of your city for such an extended time.

No one can replace Qur'an and Sunnah.
              The problem is that, instead of replace, they [not tablighis - i mean "contemporary muslims"] just bend the Qur'an and Sunnah to their personal jahiliyya opinions rather than accept it as it is. Therefore they go off thinking they never replaced it.
              اطلاق النار يا مسلمين

Comment

..............The problem is that, instead of replace, they [not tablighis - i mean "contemporary muslims"] just bend the Qur'an and Sunnah to their personal jahiliyya opinions rather than accept it as it is. Therefore they go off thinking they never replaced it.
                Please prove your claim with examples if you are truthful.
                Worship only the CREATOR, HE is One and HE is the SUSTAINER of the Universe. Do not worship any of HIS creations nor through HIS creations

Comment

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

MashAllah...SubhanAllah

Comment

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showpost....8&postcount=52

Comment

I recieved the following inormation in an e-mail today and thought I would share it with you all.
                        Assalaam aleikum All,

Please read and resolve to spread Allah's word no matter your
                        circumstances as done by this young man you do not know how invaluable your effort may turn out to be.

PLS PATIENTLY READ THRU THIS PASSAGE...

Qur'an 3:104: Let there arise amongst you a band of people inviting to all that is good and right, and forbidding the wrong. Such are the
                        successful ones...

Qur'an 16:125: Invite to the way of your Lord with beautiful preaching and in the best ways...
                        Every Friday afternoon, after the Jumat service at the Central Mosque (and shortly after Al-Usrah program), the Imam and his eleven year old son would go out into their town and hand out "PATH TO PARADISE" and other Islamic literature.

This particular and fortunate Friday afternoon, as the time came for the Imam and his son to go to the streets with their booklets, it was very cold outside, as well as pouring rain.

The boy bundled up in his warmest and driest clothes and said, 'OK, dad, I'm ready!'

His 'Mallam' dad asked, 'Ready for what?' 'Dad, it's time we gather
                        our tracts together and go out.'

Dad responds, 'Son, it's very cold outside and it's pouring rain.'

The boy gives his dad a surprised look, asking, 'But Dad, aren't
                        people still going to hell, even though it's raining?'

Dad answers, 'Son, I am not going out in this weather.'

Despondently, the boy asks, 'Dad, can I go? Please?'

His father hesitated for a moment then said, 'Son, you can go. Here are the booklets. Be careful son.'

'Thanks, Dad!'

And with that, he was off and out into the rain. This eleven year old boy walked the streets of the town going door to door and handing everybody he met in the street a pamphlet or a booklet.

After two hours of walking in the rain, he was soaking, bone-chilled wet and down to his VERY LAST BOOKLET. He stopped on a corner and looked for someone to hand a booklet to, but the streets were totally deserted.

Then he turned toward the first home he saw and started up the
                        sidewalk to the front door and rang the door bell. He rang the bell,
                        but nobody answered..

He rang it again and again, but still no one answered. He waited but still no answer.

Finally, this eleven year old da'wah-expert turned to leave, but
                        something stopped him.

Again, he turned to the door and rang the bell and knocked loudly on the door with his fist. He waited, something holding him there on the front porch!

He rang again and this time the door slowly opened.

Standing in the doorway was a very sad-looking elderly lady. She
                        softly asked, 'What can I do for you, son?' With radiant eyes and a smile that lit up her world, this little boy said, 'Ma'am, I'm sorry
                        if I disturbed you, but I just want to tell you that ?ALLAH REALLY
                        LOVES AND CARES FOR YOU? and I came to give you my very last booklet which will tell you all about God, the real purpose of creation, and how to achieve His pleasure.'

With that, he handed her his last booklet and turned to leave.

She called to him as he departed. 'Thank you, son! And God Bless You!'

Well, the following Friday afternoon after Jumat service (during which period they hold a weekly program, Al-Usrah) the Imam was giving some lectures. As he concludes the lectures, he asked, 'Does anybody have questions or want to say anything?'

Slowly, in the back row among the ladies, an elderly voice was heard over the speaker. As the voice went on, a hint of glorious gaiety and contentment was plainly evident in it even though the wasn't to be seen, 'No one in this gathering knows me. I've never been here before.

You see, before last Friday I was not a Muslim, and thought I could be. My husband passed on some time ago, leaving me totally alone in this world.. Last Friday, being a particularly cold and rainy day, it was even more so in my heart that I came to the end of the line where I no longer had any hope or will to live.

So I took a rope and a chair and ascended the stairway into the attic of my home.. I fastened the rope securely to a rafter in the roof then stood on the chair and fastened the other end of the rope around my neck. Standing on that chair, so lonely and broken-hearted I was about to leap off, when suddenly the loud ringing of my doorbell downstairs startled me. I thought, I'll wait a minute, and whoever it is will go
                        away.?

I waited and waited, but the ringing doorbell seemed to get louder and more insistent, and then the person ringing also started knocking
                        loudly....

I thought to myself again, 'Who on earth could this be? Nobody ever rings my bell or comes to see me.' I loosened the rope from my neck and started for the front door, all the while the bell rang louder and louder.

When I opened the door and looked I could hardly believe my eyes, for there on my front porch was the most radiant and angelic little boy I had ever seen in my life. His SMILE, oh, I could never describe it to you! The words that came from his mouth caused my heart that had long been dead TO LEAP TO LIFE as he exclaimed with a cherub-like voice, 'Ma'am, I just came to tell you that ALLAH REALLY LOVES AND CARES FOR YOU!'

Then he gave me this booklet, ?Path To Paradise? that I now hold in my hand.

As the little angel disappeared back out into the cold and rain, I
                        closed my door and read slowly every word of this book. Then I went up to my attic to get my rope and chair. I wouldn't be needing them any more.

You see? I am now a Happy Vicegerent of the One True God. Since the address of your congregation was stamped on the back of this booklet, I have come here to personally say THANK YOU to God's little angel who came just in the nick of time and by so doing, spared my soul from an eternity in hell.'

There was not a dry eye in the mosque. And as shouts of TAKBIR!!! ALLAH AKBAR!!! rented the air, even among the ladies, despite themselves.

Imam-Dad descended from the pulpit to the front row where the little angel was seated....

He took his son in his arms and sobbed uncontrollably.

Probably no jama'at has had a more glorious moment, and probably this universe has never seen a Papa that was more filled with love and honor for his son... Except for One. This very one...

Blessed are your eyes for reading this message.

Don't let this message die, read it again and pass it to others.
                        Heaven is for His people! Remember, God's message CAN make the
                        difference in the life of someone close to you. Please share this
                        wonderful message

Spread His Word, help Him and you'll see His hand in everything you do...

Q 5:3: This day I've perfected your religion for you, and completed my
                        favor on you, and chose Islam for you as religion....

Qur'an 3:110: You are the best community evolved for mankind; you enjoin the right conduct and forbid indecency, and you believe in God...

OTHER QUR'ANIC REFERENCES Q29:46; 4:82;60:8; 3:111; 39:19.

Biblical references
                        Is 43:11; Ez 1820; Joh 5:30; Act 2:22; Joh 17:3; Jam 2:17; finally, Jer 8:8.

RESOLVE TO READ AN ISLAMIC BOOK EVERY WEEK OR MONTH. MAY ALLAH MAKE US BETTER MUSLIMS WITH EACH AND EVERY PASSING DAY..

--
                        Regards,
                        Last edited by aboosait; 22-11-09, 06:22 PM.

Comment

In this country from what i've seen Tabligh don't really do dawah, they enjoin the good and forbid the evil. That isn't dawah but it is an obligation.

Comment

Originally posted by ridhwaan View Post
                            In this country they ...... forbid the evil..........
                            Which country do you mean? And which are the evils that they openly forbid?

Comment

And where is ridhwaan gone?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X