X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tabligh (i.e Dawah)

some pointers.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The prophet Muhammad peace be upon him one day delivered an address,and in this address he praised some muslims.
    Then he said,'How is it that some people do not help their neighbors in developing knowledge and understanding of Islam,
    and do not apprise them of the admonitory aspect of remaining ignorant of religion,and do not restrain them from doing evil.
    Why is that people do not learn about Islam from each other and do not ascertain the consequences of remaining ignorant of religion?
    I swear by Allah,it is incumbent on every muslim to impart knowledge of Islam,to people,to develop understanding of religion,
    to tender advice to them and to tell them good things.'
    (Tabrani,Ma'ariful Hadith)

A person told Abdullah Ibn Abbas that he wanted to preach Islam i.e to enjoin what is good and forbid what is evil.He asked,
    'Have you acquired that position?'
    The person replied,'Yes,it is hoped so.'
    Ibn Abbas said,'If you do not apprehend that the three verses of the Holy Quran would not disgrace you then you should certainly
    preach islam.'
    He asked,'Which are those three verses?'
    Ibn Abbas said,'

'DO NOT ENJOIN WHAT IS REPUTABLE AND FORGET YOURSELF.'
    (Surah Baqarah)
    Ibn Abbas said,'Have you acted on this verse fully?'
    The person replied,'No.'

he second verse is;
    'WHY DO YOU ENJOIN WHICH THAT YOU DO NOT DO?'
    (Surah Saf)
    Ibn Abbas asked the person the same question to which he replied in the negative.

The third verse is;
    Hadhrat Shu'aib said to his people;
    'AND I DESIRE NOT,IN ORDER TO APPOSE YOU,TO DO THAT WHICH I FORBID YOU.'

Ibn Abbas enquired,'Have you acted on this verse fully?'
    He said,'No.'
    Ibn Abbas said,'Go,first enjoin yourself what is good and restrain yourself from what is evil.'
    This is the first step of a preacher.
    (Ma'ariful Hadith,Ad-Dawah)

Hadhrat Hudhaifah has reported the prophet peace be upon him as saying;
    'By him in whose my hand my soul is you must enjoin what is good and forbid what is evil,
    or Allah will certainly send a punishment from himself to you.Then you will make supplication and not receive an answer.'
    (Tirmidhi)

Hadhrat Akramah says that Hadhrat Abdullah Ibn Abbas said;
    'Deliver a sermon once a week and if you like you can do so twice,but do not deliver sermons more than three times a week,
    and do not let the people develop hatred with the Quran.And if it is that you come upon a people and find them busy,
    then instead of interrupting,keep your silence and if when you find them inclined to listen then address them and be careful
    not to use rhymed phraseology because i have seen the prophet peace be upon him and the companions that they did not like
    extra ornamentation in addressings.'
    (Bukhari)
    The enforcement of Muslim Brotherhood is the greatest social ideal of Islam. On it was based the Prophet's (SAW) sermon on his last pilgrimage, and Islam cannot be completely realized until this ideal is achieved. '
    (Shaikh Maulana Muhammad Yusuf)
    In Lam Takun Ghaadiban Annee Falaa Ubaalee...

Re: Tabligh (i.e Dawah)

Originally posted by KeeKee View Post
    some pointers.

The prophet Muhammad peace be upon him one day delivered an address,and in this address he praised some muslims.
    Then he said,'How is it that some people do not help their neighbors in developing knowledge and understanding of Islam,
    and do not apprise them of the admonitory aspect of remaining ignorant of religion,and do not restrain them from doing evil.
    Why is that people do not learn about Islam from each other and do not ascertain the consequences of remaining ignorant of religion?
    I swear by Allah,it is incumbent on every muslim to impart knowledge of Islam,to people,to develop understanding of religion,

A person told Abdullah Ibn Abbas that he wanted to preach Islam i.e to enjoin what is good and forbid what is evil.He asked,
    Ibn Abbas said,'If you do not apprehend that the three verses of the Holy Quran would not disgrace you then you should certainly
    preach islam.'
    Ibn Abbas said,'

(Surah Baqarah)
    The person replied,'No.'

he second verse is;
    (Surah Saf)
    Ibn Abbas asked the person the same question to which he replied in the negative.

The third verse is;

He said,'No.'
    Ibn Abbas said,'Go,first enjoin yourself what is good and restrain yourself from what is evil.'

Hadhrat Hudhaifah has reported the prophet peace be upon him as saying;
    'By him in whose my hand my soul is you must enjoin what is good and forbid what is evil,
    or Allah will certainly send a punishment from himself to you.Then you will make supplication and not receive an answer.'
    (Tirmidhi)

'Deliver a sermon once a week and if you like you can do so twice,but do not deliver sermons more than three times a week,
    and do not let the people develop hatred with the Quran.And if it is that you come upon a people and find them busy,
    then instead of interrupting,keep your silence and if when you find them inclined to listen then address them and be careful
    not to use rhymed phraseology because i have seen the prophet peace be upon him and the companions that they did not like
    (Bukhari)
    :jkk:
    Worship only the CREATOR, HE is One and HE is the SUSTAINER of the Universe. Do not worship any of HIS creations nor through HIS creations

Comment

for a change?

Comment

Originally posted by Al-hayaa View Post
        for a change?
        I didnt get your point.
        Worship only the CREATOR, HE is One and HE is the SUSTAINER of the Universe. Do not worship any of HIS creations nor through HIS creations

Comment

some pointers.
          :jkk: as this teaches me and 'others' around.

Why use the words tabligh? Is this Urdu/Indian? Would it not be better to use Da'wah or 'Calling to Allah' instead (I know its in the brackets, which makes it secondary). This to me, in my view, pushed the TJ's methodology fwd by subject heading (only).

Tabligh's usually travel the lands far and wide, yet their own neighbourhood is neglected. Take Dewsbury as a prime example...Many non-Muslims around, but you hardly find 'ghasht's knocking on non-Muslims doors. In the Masjids' itself, groups are organised to go to this and that Masjid, but non ready to go to the non-Muslim places.

preach islam.'
          Ibn Abbas said,'

(Surah Baqarah)
          The person replied,'No.'

he second verse is;
          (Surah Saf)

The third verse is;

He said,'No.'
          Many of the brothers I have been with and have received, you will usually hear a common phrase:
          I have not come for you dear brother, I have come for myself (not me here ie, lol), as my ears are near to my mouth. When I speak I am telling myself 1st.
          Yet at the same time you will hear that the brother has left his ill children and family at home to come and LEARN, and not to convey, but to learn. Learn from who, by knocking on the door of the Muslims that don't attend Masjid?

not to use rhymed phraseology
          because i have seen the prophet peace be upon him and the companions that they did not like
          (Bukhari)
          Two points here if I may. When I used to live near the Masjids, the TJ brothers would constantly send new people round, even after Esha. Knock upon knock upon knock - and what worse my door bell ran out of batteries. When I moved house, there was no TJ brother insight to help me move my goods, because they had left that area on their travels, I guess.

And no, they were'nt against me, they still come and knock on my door, but not that much anymore...they've managed to track me down. :o

And I finish, (any reader) please don't take this the WRONG way: "listen then address them and be careful..." This is MY EXPERIENCE ONLY.:o

Good post. :)
          Call to Tawheed: Worship Allah ALONE.
          ANTI: Shirk, 786, Milad un Nabi, Ya Mohammads, Brelvis, Sufi's.

Comment

I respect them for what they do but i don't necessarily agree with it.

Comment

Why are people typing in White?

Comment

Originally posted by myself View Post

...........Yet at the same time you will hear that the brother has left his ill children and family at home to come and LEARN, and not to convey, but to learn. Learn from who, by knocking on the door of the Muslims that don't attend Masjid?............
                They have 'taaleem' (learning session) where a prescribed book called Fazail-e-amaal (formerly known as 'tableegi Nisaab) is read out to them by one of the participants for about 30 minutes to one hour..

Then they have a 'talk' session where the most learned among them speaks on the 'six points of Tableegh' and in the end invites all the participants to go on khurooj. The speaker might take half an hourto two hours.

Most importantly, they also conduct circles of learning (for a few minutes each day) where each one in a circle of five or six members repeats whatever is recited in the Salat so that others who know better can correct them if they are reciting wrongly. This exercise is termed 'muzakira'

Anytj member here is welcome to correct me if I am wrong.

Comment

Just few pointers:

No one coming out on Jamat is an angel, we are all out to rectify ourselfs and propogate this basic point to fellow muslims. The prophet of Allah saw said during his first Khutbah in Madinah to this effect "the best advice a muslim can give to his brother is to prepare for akhirah and attain taqwa".
                  Now mashaAllah efforts are taking place in our localities, and Allah guides who he wills. Yet the effort of the non muslim missionaries is strong all over the world. How is going to these countries to help safegaurd the Imaan of these muslims by the will of Allah wrong?

Till this day I have never come across a TJ saati leave his family in horrible situations or circumstances. Yet throughout the Ummah we see muslim men leaving their families for YEARS to go earn a buck or two for their family yet miss out on every aspect of their families life. But we accept this? why because we can see the benefit of his sacrifice in this life? Yet if we travel one place to another for the sake of Allah alone to help one another prepare for akhirah and realise our true purpose in life? SubhanAllah we are slapped across the face.

As for those who keep going on about going to see non muslims on a collective level; ok our elders say we must make fikr for them also and on an individual basis this is encouraged. But collectively no because we are getting our own house in order. Experience has shown me personally how they fire back with "well if your deen is so beautiful, why do muslims fail to practice it themselves?"

And if those who pick this fault out time and time again, I ask, why has such a collective group not been formed then which goes out door to door propogating to these non muslims made up of these brothers who point it out time and time again?

Comment

Originally posted by Emelianenko View Post

..............I ask, why has such a collective group not been formed then which goes out door to door propogating to these non muslims...........

Because the Prophet never sent out collective group to go knocking door to door propogating to the mushriks of Arabia.

Comment

Just few pointers:

No one coming out on Jamat is an angel, we are all out to rectify ourselfs and propogate this basic point to fellow muslims. The prophet of Allah saw said during his first Khutbah in Madinah to this effect "the best advice a muslim can give to his brother is to prepare for akhirah and attain taqwa".
                      Now mashaAllah efforts are taking place in our localities, and Allah guides who he wills. Yet the effort of the non muslim missionaries is strong all over the world. How is going to these countries to help safegaurd the Imaan of these muslims by the will of Allah wrong?

Till this day I have never come across a TJ saati leave his family in horrible situations or circumstances. Yet throughout the Ummah we see muslim men leaving their families for YEARS to go earn a buck or two for their family yet miss out on every aspect of their families life. But we accept this? why because we can see the benefit of his sacrifice in this life? Yet if we travel one place to another for the sake of Allah alone to help one another prepare for akhirah and realise our true purpose in life? SubhanAllah we are slapped across the face.

As for those who keep going on about going to see non muslims on a collective level; ok our elders say we must make fikr for them also and on an individual basis this is encouraged. But collectively no because we are getting our own house in order. Experience has shown me personally how they fire back with "well if your deen is so beautiful, why do muslims fail to practice it themselves?"

And if those who pick this fault out time and time again, I ask, why has such a collective group not been formed then which goes out door to door propogating to these non muslims made up of these brothers who point it out time and time again?
                      Well said!:up:.......muslims have gone soooo far away from the deen that was left by prophet muhammad(pbuh)...we need to come back onto practicing COMPLETE deen...then the non-muslims won't need to be told, they'll see the lifestyle of a real muslim and automatically be attracted....just how it was with the prophet(pbuh) and his companions.

Comment

Just few pointers:

this is not a tj guy, but still him and his assoscaites have put their family, (he himself has 2 wifes and 12 children,) in hardships, inorder to teach the muslims, for free, and for the lessons to be accessible to all, mashAllah his family never complained. :)
                        http://thefiks.org/elearning/?p=1567

Recipes for all the family :inlove:
                        (and you thought I was a lazy feminazi which can't cook?)

Comment

................they fire back with "well if your deen is so beautiful, why do muslims fail to practice it themselves?".............
                          And what is your reply to them? Let all those who ask such questions on this forum know the answer from the tj.

Comment

Originally posted by riyaz1471 View Post

...then the non-muslims won't need to be told, they'll see the lifestyle of a real muslim and automatically be attracted....
                            The Qur'an says about the believers "Those who believe and do good deeds."

What you have stated above holds good for the second part only - that which can be seen - the good deeds that the believers do.

What about the first part, Belief / Faith? Surely it needs to be explained to them

Originally posted by riyaz1471 View Post

.......just how it was with the prophet(pbuh) and his companions...........
                            The Prophet spent 40 years of his exemplary life among the Arabs. That wasnt enough to make the Arabs follow Islam. Allah ordered him to call the people towards faith.

And this was his Dawah like the Dawah of all the Prophets before him.

Every Prophet told his people from the very beginning,
                            "We assuredly sent amongst every people an Apostle, (with the command), Serve Allah and eschew evil".(Surah NahI (Bce) 16 : 36.)
                            This is because Allah the Almighty created all people to worship Him alone and set up no associate to Him.
                            "I have only created jinns and men that they may worship Me".(Surah Zanyat (winds that Scatter) 5 : 56.)

This right of worship is the foremost right of Allah owed to Him by His people.
                            "Your Lord has decreed that you worship none but Him." (Surah. Isra (The Children of Israel) 17:23)
                            "Say : Come, I will recite to you what Allah has really forbidden to you : Join not any-thing as equal with Allah".(Surah Anarn (Cattle) 6:151.)
                            This right has priority over all other rights because it is the foundation upon which all other precepts of the religion (of Islam) are based.

Therefore, the Prophet (peace be upon him) during the thirteen years of his preaching in Makkah, constantly called upon people to observe this right of Allah and forbid any partner to Him. The Holy Quran in most of its verses, has confirmed this concept and negated any resemblance to Him. Every Muslim in his five daily prayers pledges to Allah to observe this right by saying,
                            "You alone do we worship and only Your assistance do we seek". (Surah Fatiha 1: 5.)
                            Last edited by aboosait; 08-11-09, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by aboosait View Post
                              And what is your reply to them? Let all those who ask such questions on this forum know the answer from the tj.
                              Answer from the "tj's"

I dont speak for the "tj's".

I only have myself to account for. Khalas.

In all honesty, I have no such answer.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X